You Make the Card Championships 2012 [Voting]

81 posts / 0 new
Last post

The first part of the competition is over. Now, we vote for the finalists. Like the previous round, you can nominate one person for each category. However, you can only nominate those that proceeded to this round. At the end of the round, the winner of each category will go to the design challenge.

The nominees are:

Most Creative Mind

Mown
theScion
magicpablo666

Best Sounding Board

Fallingman
cats_and_me
Rush_Clasic
razorborne
Jessica_Morgan

Best Contest Holder

Koridian
razorborne
Mono789
FirstTurnKill
Imidazoline

Best Set Designer

Fallingman
Chinkeeyong
theScion
Riorvard

Future R&D Intern

Chinkeeyong
silasw
Glasir
Koridian
Rush_Clasic
theScion

Best Newcomer

cats_and_me
magicpablo666
Fenix.
Glasir

Invitational

ChaosLight
theatog
razorborne

Round ends on Friday, I suppose. Christmas times and all. I guess some of you have lives.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Since it's a community contest, I left the decision of whether I'm allowed in or not up to you.
Know that I'm the one designing the criteria though. But while I have decided what it is, I'm way too lazy to bother thinking about it now. Making a set is a daunting task.

Edit: Just as a heads up, since I did a poor job at conveying it. You needed two nominations to proceed to this round.

Yxoque wrote:

I got in the only one I need, yay.
CKY for set designer.

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
If I failed at basic math and forgot to include something, let me know and I'll type an update in big bold letters and hope people read it.

Invitational this year was quite amusing, and slightly random in nature.
Show

Invitational:
    CKY: |
    ChaosLight: 2
    theScion: |
    Zammm: |
    ConfusedAsUsual: |
    Altimis: |
    Chintastica: |
    FirstTurnKill: |
    theatog: 2
    Ephemeron: |
    razorborne: 2
    Steinhauser: |
    CommanderJim: |
    Libe: |
    Imidazoline: |
    Detektor: |

Yxoque wrote:

Best Newcomer

cats_and_me
magicpablo666
Fenix.
Glasir

Best Newcomer - vlord

?

Edit: Oh, did I not proceed to this round for some reason?
You need at least two.
Edit: I don't seem to have given any mention of this.
That is somewhat awkward.

Yxoque wrote:

You need at least two.

Fair enough.
We vote in each category or just one vote period?

votes

Mind: Scion I guess? I'd pick pablo but he's gonna win newcomer so...

Nest sounding: I still have no idea what this category even means so I'll vote cats.

Contests: Lets go... none. I can't really vote as I don't enter contests often enough to know.

Set: CKY

Cky

Pablo

Me if I can vote myself, otherwise theatog. I think he deserves a shot.
Most Creative Mind: magicpablo666
Best Sounding Board: razorborne
Best Contest Holder: Koridian
Best Set Designer: CKY
Future R&D Intern: theScion
Best Newcomer: Glasir
Invitational: theatog

These might change before the end date but it's unlikely.
Since it's a community contest, I left the decision of whether I'm allowed in or not up to you.
Know that I'm the one designing the criteria though. But while I have decided what it is, I'm way too lazy to bother thinking about it now. Making a set is a daunting task.

making all those 1 drops and 2 drops takes a sense of minimalism
NO WAR

They've killed Fritz
I've been shadow banned by youtube my comments only show when I'm logged

does any see my comment here ?

Why did you not include my invitational for Ephemeron?
[spoiler My votes]

Most Creative Mind
theScion
Feels a little weird but pablo's my vote for best newcomer and I'm of the opinion that contest-runners & past winners both shouldn't be in the contest, so by process of elimination...

Best Sounding Board
Fallingman
He may not be my favorite sounding board, but his ability to talk with GM_Champion is unparalleled. I want him here so I can ask him if he knows him IRL and/or why he almost exclusively responds to his posts.

Best Contest Holder
Imidazoline
Between him & FTK I was stuck, so decided to give it to the old timer.

Best Set Designer
CKY
Following up my initial vote

Future R&D Intern
Rush_Clasic
Again, between silasw and Rush. Gave it to the old(er) timer.

Best Newcomer
magicpablo666
What can I say, Pablo's magic.

Invitational
theatog
My man in amsterdam.

[/spoiler]

My latest set is in public beta! KOR - Kingdoms of Rabiah - Check it out! Like Uncle Istvan? Like Rabiah? Like Homelands? Then check out theScion's Parade of Planeswalkers Got Flavor? Throw it at me in my Gauntlet: theScion vs YMTC thread. Can the combined powers of YMTC defeat our favorite rainbow-faced card crafter?

names rarely get recognized though gLee eventually gave me a creativity award

NO WAR

They've killed Fritz
I've been shadow banned by youtube my comments only show when I'm logged

does any see my comment here ?

So many votes
Most Creative Mind: theScion, for the same reasons as theScion.

Best Sounding Board: cats_and_me, who is not simply dedicated to providing feedback, but is amazingly consistent...able to maintain a message that may not be popular, but is usually right -- I'd *perhaps* give it to Fallingman, but only if he was actually willing to provide his most excellent feedback to more people on this board that will make use of it.  Reading his responses to GM_Champion, with the quality of feedback Fallingman is able to give and the astuteness of his arguments, is like watching Porsches get driven into brick walls.  Cam, at least, spreads the love.

Best Contest Holder: Koridian.  There's a lot of complex contests that are very fun and others that are simply ridiculously creative.  But Koridian's contests are both elegant and consistent.  And the efforts he takes to provide well-thought out, timely feedback take sheer dedication.  (Honestly, I'm not sure how I managed to squeek 2 nominations in here.  I've run all of two contests, one didn't even finish, and a single game.  Although, admittedly, 20 Questions is a pretty cool game.)

Best Set Designer: Chinkeeyong, because Solphos is wicked cool.

Future R&D Intern: Glasir.  A real hard choice here, but I see Glasir providing more designs, more often, and they are nearly always not only printable, but format-defineable and easily memorable for the players.

Best Newcomer: magicpablo666.  Pablo may make some crazy designs, but he has the self-awareness to know the difference between his designs that could be a part of regular Magic, and his designs that are more abstract and expressive.  And good lord, his post count.

Invitational: ChaosLight, because he/she doesn't really like horses.  But this was also an extremely tough choice.

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
Democracy

Most Creative Mind: theScion - Most creative mind does not mean best designer. I mean I was nominated and I clearly am not the best designer here. It is something else, entirely. It is the ability to look at something (or nothing), and make a new creation out of it. theScion has demonstrated time and time again his or her ability to do just that. Plus I can't vote for me.
Best Sounding Board: Cats_and_me - Cam returned to these boards several months ago, and ever since s/he has been unleashing a torrent of criticism the likes of which have never been seen! Though I rarely agree with everything Cam says, it is all constructive and interesting. Sometimes it is extremely good. I sometimes believe that Cats_and_me is in some Purgatory, where s/he is trapped in a white windowless room, and only a computer with access to twitter, youtube, and our humble forum. Does such an existence not warrant the medal of honour? Unfortunately this is not mine to give. The best I can do is to give h/her my vote for BSB. And I do that with pleasure.
Best Contest Holder: razorborne - This one is tough, but Razor seems to put a great deal of effort into his contests. I respect that. He is never late and his criteria are well-thought out, if not always interesting. His criticism and grading show the marks of an unbiased and professional gentleman. I'll remember him always.
Best Set Designer: Chinkeeyong - Solphos and Fool's Gold were some of the first sets I came across on this forum. They blew my mind. I was so envious of that power. That creativity. Suffice it to say that I was deeply impressed and entertained. Not only that, but CKY took all criticism with grace. He edited and re-edited in a truly admirable fashion. If only more designers were like him.
Future R&D Intern: Glasir - I worked with Glasir during the election. He was a glorious running mate, and to be honest, he did most of the leg work. Glasir has the ambition, the skill, and the ability to make coffee that every R&D Intern needs. Plus he folds paper. Pretty cool, right? I would've voted for one of the older users, but I feel as though their ships have sailed. My apologies old men.
Best Newcomer: Fenix. - Again I cannot vote for myself, but would I could I? I know not. What I do know is that Fenix. is a genius behind a computer screen. In his tiny country he sits listening to Radiohead and designing frankly fabulous cards. Recently, more than ever, I've been impressed by his creations. When I first boarded this shaky vessel, Fenix. was a mill-machine. He lived by the mill, and he died by the mill. Recently, I have seen him branch out into other endeavors. His Red-Black Time Walk variant was sweet as sugar. I was quite impressed with it, and more than a little bit jealous. I see great things from this one.
Invitational: ChaosLight - Lilly is a wonderful person. I think she really lights up the boards. With her spunky and sarcastic posts and responses, she adds depth to a forum where so many individuals don't have much personality (not you of course, dearest reader). Remember when Kevin was all over her? Gosh, it was better than TV. I think decades from now, if I ever remember this time in my life, Chaos will be one of the individuals who comes to mind. So many of you will be. Well, maybe. My memory is kinda shoddy.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I know two people nominated me for best newcomer.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

I've always thought of Champs like Idol: once you're a Champ, you're a Champ. you don't get to come back and do it again, you're just a Champ for life.

I'll add some commentary later.

Invitational
razorborne

That's a mild conflict of interest. I've never disagreed with the host participating, nor past contest winners, and it should seem obvious whether you crafted criteria around cards or vice versa. And especially since its public vote, I say you should feel free to participate. Asthetically, I like the idea of a different champion every year, but I don't think it's more than the look that bends me that way.

You need at least two.

It's fine. Even if it wasn't posted, I'll gladly verify that such requirements have been the tradition. I'll offer links, too!
With my join date and my post count of #10040, I'm nominated as "best newcomer" in this contest! I guess that I'll vote for that guy with his post count of #3383 instead, that sounds like a believable newcomer.. But seriously, I checked that and my total number of months that I have spend in this forum is greater than twelve, even though it's only 4-5 months in this year.. Though I really appreciate that some people that think that I'm a newcomer also nominated me as "best newcomer" in this context, thank you!

Okay, let me check which votes I'm forced to change..

Most Creative Mind - Mown
Best Sounding Board - Rush_Clasic
Best Contest Holder - razorborne
Best Set Designer - Fallingman
Future R&D Intern - chinkeeyong
Best Newcomer - magicpablo666
Invitational - Chaoslight
Most Creative Mind: magicpablo666 - This wasn't even close for me. Maybe I enjoy the "weird" designs a little too much, but the things he comes up with have wow'd me way too frequently. His strong writing helps a lot too, as I see wordings that I could have NEVER come up with. Whenever R&D feels they've exhausted the magic design space, the only thing they'd have to do is talk to pablo, chances are after that the design space would be twice as big as when things started.
Best Sounding Board: Rush_Clasic - I'm a man that values quality over quantity, and I've seen no one give feedback as good as this guy. His posts are also always well written and give the vibe of "good guy".
Best Contest Holder: Mono789 - Oh, totally forgot about the pokemon attacks contest! It requires a lot of dedication to keep running such a contest for so long, and even though he makes dberry02 win far too often, I think he deserves this spot.
Best Set Designer: Riorvard - I feel kind of bad because I've seen literally nothing of Solfos, and apparently it is the nuts. But Riorvard has done an amazing job with his set, even as far as posting boosters and asking people to evaluate the limited, which for a newbie to set design like me, seems like super devoted.
Future R&D Intern: silasw - I don't know much about this person, and usually the cards (s)he designs are quite the opposite of what I personally like, but I can't help but feel that if someone on these boards behaves like an R&D member, it has to be him/her. I don't know how to say it, but (s)he behaves quite R&D-ish. If that makes sense.
Best Newcomer: Glasir - I would vote for pablo but I have a policy of only 1 category per person. And pablo's way better at being creative than being a newcomer. So Glasir gets the vote, because (s)he never makes bad cards and doesn't look like a newbie at all and posts with the confidence and class of a veteran. Plus (s)he had my favourite avatar for a while, that tree. Bring back the tree!
Invitational: razorborne - I will probably change this because I feel like I will end up voting for razorborne as best contest holder, but for now, this will do. Ah, now that I have a contest holder vote things are easier. ChaosLight was a close 2nd.

Best Newcomer: Fenix. - Again I cannot vote for myself, but would I could I? I know not. What I do know is that Fenix. is a genius behind a computer screen. In his tiny country he sits listening to Radiohead and designing frankly fabulous cards. Recently, more than ever, I've been impressed by his creations. When I first boarded this shaky vessel, Fenix. was a mill-machine. He lived by the mill, and he died by the mill. Recently, I have seen him branch out into other endeavors. His Red-Black Time Walk variant was sweet as sugar. I was quite impressed with it, and more than a little bit jealous. I see great things from this one.[/Sblock]

Thanks for the kind words, you flatter me! Also the country I live in is far from tiny haha. I am still a mill-machine! But I realized others probably don't like mill cards as much as I do so I started being more reasonable.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
okay let's do this. critiques are as long as I want but I will do Mown the favor of bolding the relevant names.

Most Creative Mind: due to my feelings on the subject of repeat Champs, Mown is out. that leaves Scion and Pablo. which is hard for me because neither seems to really fit here. NOW BEFORE ANYONE TAKES OFFENSE LET ME CLARIFY. this does not mean I don't think of them as good designers. heck, even just over the course of YPTC so far, they've both impressed me a lot, and outside of that as well I've really enjoyed a lot of their work. I just tend to think of creativity as a very specific subset of design. I think of Eph. I think of old Rio, back before he was Rio. (new Rio is still great, but he exists less in this area as well.) I think of it as probing around outside the box, and that's an area I don't see either of you explore all that much. you're both very strong, solid designers, and I think in the nomination process people nominated "most creative" as "best designer" but it's a very different thing. Pablo, to me, meets this criteria better of the two, due to his ocassional burst of complete absurdity (in a good way), and since those two are my choices, he gets my vote.
Best Sounding Board: while I am nominated for this category, there is no question in my mind that this category belongs to Rush Clasic. he is the only person on the forums I bounce design ideas off of outside the forums, and my go-to source when I want to ask "can I do this?" of course I usually ignore him, but that has less to do with the value of his advice than the size of my ego.
Best Contest Holder: I've never done a Koridian contest, I don't think I've seen Mono run a contest this year, and I didn't know FTK ran them. so it's down to if I want to self vote for DFMMs and YPTC (guys I ran YPTC. YPTC is the best contest ever.) or give it to Imi for staring down the barrel of the Preview Week Contest and saying "yes that is something I want to run". eh, screw it, Imma be lame and vote for razorborne. I like winning.
Best Set Designer: as much as I love the work of many of the entrants, this category belongs to Fallingman until he decides he doesn't want it anymore.
Future R&D Intern: man I don't know. a lot of good answers here. in the end, though, I think that all the great understanding of concepts can only get you so far, and what's gonna make the difference is follow-through ("then why'd you vote for Libe?" hey that's not nice) and CKY is, to my knowledge, the only one who's completed a set whose concept wasn't "there is no blue". (shut up Rush)
Best Newcomer: this category is a farce and I refuse to participate in it. however, Glasir.
Invitational: I invite myself. hooray!

Best Set Designer: as much as I love the work of many of the entrants, this category belongs to Fallingman until he decides he doesn't want it anymore.

Impressed by these bold words, I went ahead and looked up Eldangard and browsed it. It's very solid, but I defnitely wasn't impressed by it the way I was by CKY's Solphos or Fool's Gold.

CKY has a great talent for seeing a set on a panoramic scale. It's clear he has a specific vision for what he wants the finished set to be, and has the impressive ability to realize that vision.
I calculate that I was nominated twice for the Invitational.
Calculations:

Invitational - I dunno yet. I can't pick one. I love you all? Edit: I'm tempted by Altimis: Best Archnemesis and Glasir: Best Running Mate. I think I'll pick Altimis, because a) I already voted for Glasir, and b) He voted for me?

Invitational: altimis/Mown (Half a nomination each? These guys are just guys I notice around forum and always post good stuff.)

Unless you didn't count that last one.
I dunno what difference it would make given a bajillion(bagillion?) people voted already; but I figured I'd ask...
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Most Creative Mind:

magicpablo666

I think I'm slightly biased because we think a lot alike. But I find the madness-induced twistiness enticing. Plus, we were one for a bit here... can't really not expect to not vote for one of your own right?

Best Sounding Board:

cats_and_me

cats_and_me has really been the only one responding to my Archive posts, and I appreciate that a lot. I value the input and have changed several cards based on points cats has made. If ever there was another merging, I would ask cats to merge with me.

Best Contest Holder:

Imidazoline

Without a doubt the contests Imi runs are my favorite. There are others that stem from the ideas od Imi, but I feel Imi has the reputation and the ability to run a great contest!

Best Set Designer:

Chinkeeyong

I am definately biased here. I haven't seen ANY other sets. I will do a brief scanning of them, but really Solphos was the only one that drew me in enough to peruse it. CKY does good work everywhere.

Future R&D Intern:
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />
Glasir

This one was a tough choice, but I want to see where it goes. Glasir has done some fun stuff that I've seen recently.

Best Newcomer:

Fenix.

Fenix. has some fun stuff. This was another tough category for me, but I feel a well-deserved one nonetheless.

Invitational:

ChaosLight

Without a doubt, I would want ChaosLight to be in this. I almost always click on a thread that has had a response from ChaosLight because I know it will be funny and/or brighten my day. ChaosLight is just hilarious!
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Yeah, that's probably the most important reason why people are voting me in the first place! I think that I forgot about your archive thread in the last days, because I wanted to comment on more cards.. Hey Pablo, just replace "Youtube / Twitter" with Google! ^.^ For the last time, I'm not on Youtube / Twitter and I'm not that girl that covers her nudity with a kitten.. (Or maybe it's really me, who knows?)
Most Creative Mind - Mown
Best Sounding Board - Fallingman
Best Contest Holder - Firstturnkill
Future R&D Intern - silasw
Best Newcomer - cats_and_me (I wasn't aware if you were or were not a newcomer but others voted for you so I assumed you are eligible for this)
Don't be too smart to have fun

I did, but nobody else voted for him.

I dunno what difference it would make given a bajillion(bagillion?) people voted already; but I figured I'd ask...

No, I didn't count the last one. Maybe if you got another half vote.
You need at least two.

It's fine. Even if it wasn't posted, I'll gladly verify that such requirements have been the tradition. I'll offer links, too!

Well, I can too, but those who are new to the contest didn't know it when the nomination was in process.

Yxoque wrote:

No, I didn't count the last one. Maybe if you got another half vote.

What happens if I give him my other half vote?, as afterall, I can't really vote for you as you won it last year.
I can't lurk anymore in the presence of such humbling praise. Thanks, everyone!

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

After looking through the thread, feels like there is little need to vote anymore but still

Most Creative: Pablo
Most Sounding: Razor
Best Contest: Mono
Best Set: CKY
Future Intern: Rush
Newcomer: Cats
Invitational: Theatog

Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
Woah woah woah Mown, bad idea to let yourself have a chance at being nominated anything when you've won already.  You are the one that makes the criterion after all.  We are actually supposed to have a different champion each year.  Now I need to go vote as soon as I go back and look at the candidates again.

I wish I had remembered to nominate people, since dberry02 is a surprisingly awesome card designer as anyone who has participated in my Pokemon Attack Contest can attest to.  He has 49 wins out of 330 rounds and keep in mind that he was not participating at the beginning...he is astoundingly good, but I am a derp.
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Best Contest Holder 2010 YMtC Idol 9 4th Place
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing
Most Creative Mind: ???
I'll pass on this one, since besides Mown (who has already won champs), I haven't seen much of either contestant.

Best Sounding Board: Rush Clasic
Rush has always been good at providing feedback, so this one isn't a shocker.

Best Contest Holder: Mono789
Well, this is pretty much my only claim to fame in the past year.  Nobody else can say that they have a contest running over 3 years straight that has completed 330 rounds.  Dang that's a long time...

Best Set Designer: ???
I would like to say Fallingman, but I haven't actually seen set stuff from him lately.  I also haven't looked at anyone else here's stuff, so I can't say I'm qualified to vote here.

Future R&D Intern:

Best Newcomer:

Invitational: theatog
You do all sorts of stuff, so sure, I'll toss you a bone here.  I'm curious to see what you've got.
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing
Most Creative Mind: magicpablo666
Best Sounding Board: Rush_Clasic
Best Contest Holder: razorborne
Best Set Designer: CKY
Future R&D Intern: ---
Best Newcomer: ---
Invitational: ChaosLight

Abstaining on the categories for which I am in contention.  (and wow, this thread makes me feel ridiculously good about myself.  Thanks, everybody! :D)
Future R&D Intern: Glasir
This guy did pretty well from himself in idol, so I'd say he earned this one.  Glasir proved he's got the stuff.

Best Newcomer: Glasir
This one isn't even close for me, once again based on his performance in idol.

As much as I appreciate the kind words (and votes!), I wonder if you are thinking of somebody else here, as I didn't do Idol...

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

As much as I appreciate the kind words (and votes!), I wonder if you are thinking of somebody else here, as I didn't do Idol...

I could've sworn it was your name...um, I guess I'll abstain until I figure out my votes more logically.
You Make the Card
Mafia History
Votes and stuff.

Most Creative Mind
magicpablo666 - This was a little close, but I like to respect the process and vote in each category. You lucked out Scion - I think you've done some pretty neat stuff this year. Mown, I'm still pretty sure you're not in the running, as you have to set the criteria.

Best Sounding Board
Fallingman - I really kind of wanted to vote for Jessie here 'cause she deserves it, but I'm just hard pressed to find any posts of Fallingman's that aren't absurdly constructive.

Best Contest Holder
Imidazoline - I never like dong this, but it looks like it's the only way I might be able to compete this year. So it's with huge apologies to Mono that I vote for me.

Best Set Designer
CKY - Velicta was probably my favourite setting by a fair margin, but I think Solphos was very pretty and mechanically sound. So again I apologise to Rio.

Future R&D Intern
Rush_Clasic - This was a really tight one for me, because Intern is almost a second invitational category. But Rush for me shows the understanding required. So yay Rush.

Best Newcomer
Glasir - While I nominated Pablo with some conviction, I also probably overlooked Glasir because of his solid approach. And as I've already voted for Pablo, I'm pretty comfortable voting for Glasir, who's definitely good enough to compete.

Invitational
razorborne - Because.

Invitational
razorborne - Because.

Thanks everyone, if I get in I will do...something.
Next time, there really should be some voting parameters. I'm fine with both previous champs being voted on and with self-voting, but since it is an inevitable question that promises to rise up, it should be discussed in the initial post. By virtue of omission, they should be allowed this time to matter what, but as can be seen, the opinions are wavering.
I can't blame you for voting for yourself, Imi.  After all, I did the exact same thing.
You Make the Card
Mafia History
I'm fine with both previous champs being voted on and with self-voting, but since it is an inevitable question that promises to rise up, it should be discussed in the initial post. By virtue of omission, they should be allowed this time to matter what.

As a voter with no motivations towards this "competition" I believe this is the "most fair" assumption that can be made.
Don't be too smart to have fun