DC: Beasts of Bogardan

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays random card is...

Beasts of Bogardan

This card has never made sense to me.  It has protection from red but gets bigger if the opponent controls a white permanent.

I gotta give this one a thumbs down.  It's just to weird and not that good.

Discuss! 
I will give it props for cool art though, but I agree it's not very good for play
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Flavorfully, protection from red I believe because they grew up in a "volatile land" and are...accustomed, for lack of a better word.

Pump-on-opposing-White because they see an enemy and get extra aggressive.

At least, that's how it seems to me. I've never tried to put it into words because the flavor makes pretty good sense to me.

As for playability; yeah, no. -1/5. 
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
I agree with SereneChaos concerning it's abilities and flavour.  Though I still think it's a weak card.

Thumbs Down! 
By today's standards it's weak.  But in an enviroment where many of the major kill cards are things like Earthquake, Inferno, Lightning Bolt and Savage Twister it made a lot more sense.  It also had to contend with a lot of Serra Angels in its day.

Used to see this guy a suprising amount back in the day.  It was 1994/'95 after all.
STEP 1: Find your cousin STEP 2: Get your cousin in the cannon STEP: 3 Find another cousin
This card confuses and infuriates me.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
Back in the day it was useful against burn which ran rampet back then. It was totally outclassed by alot of things by late 95/early 96 and then went the way of the dodo. By todays standards its great for your gerbel or pet rat.

cheers.

<----- Loser.

It could go in a Zedruu the Greathearted deck

How would that work exactly, since he has protection from red?

How would that work exactly, since he has protection from red?

Basically you give an opponent a white aura or something.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sign In to post comments