So it's doomsday...

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
How are you guys spending your last day on earth?
My two copper.
We can only hope it's the last one.  Please.  Seriously.  Please.

As to the question, I'd love to say I'm spending it gaming.  The truth: work.

Edit:

There are a great many problems that can be circumvented by players and DMs having a mature discussion about what the game is going to be like before they ever sit down together to play.

The answer really does lie in more options, not in confining and segregating certain options.

You really shouldn't speak for others.  You can't hear what someone else is saying when you try to put your words in their mouth.

Fencing & Swashbuckling as Armor.

D20 Modern Toon PC Race.

Mecha Pilot's Skill Challenge Emporium.

Save the breasts.

I'm spending it laughing at people who actually believe this New-Age bull.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
honestly, living my life...doing a job..getting ready for the next day.

Oh and shaking my head at all the people who not only believe this mayan stuff...but don't even understand what they are believing in.  Besides the huge issues with timing calculations (not gonna go into it), there's the other one on this.

The mayan calander isn't marking the end of the world..its marking the end of an era, yeah sure something ends...but it dosn't mean destruction, it means change.
Let's see, I'm at work, reading the forums, in about 15 minutes I'll be doing my first rounds (which will be the start of doomsday my timezone). Meh.
So far it seems like the main response is "**** your doomsday! I'm going to work..."
My two copper.

It isn't bull! The zombies are coming! So are the aliens! With bigfoot! Zombie bigfoot aliens!
I'm sitting up til 3am arguing on the forums with people I will never meet and never care to meet about why bounded accuracy is a bad system at a fundamental level.

I almost think just going to sleep and missing the rest of the end of the world would be worth it. 
I almost think just going to sleep and missing the rest of the end of the world would be worth it. 

Being unconscious till the end sounds rather nice.  Shame it won't really end.
There are a great many problems that can be circumvented by players and DMs having a mature discussion about what the game is going to be like before they ever sit down together to play.

The answer really does lie in more options, not in confining and segregating certain options.

You really shouldn't speak for others.  You can't hear what someone else is saying when you try to put your words in their mouth.

Fencing & Swashbuckling as Armor.

D20 Modern Toon PC Race.

Mecha Pilot's Skill Challenge Emporium.

Save the breasts.

Drinking ale.

Factoid: It's the same one I'm holding in my avatar.

I'm not doing anything different than I do on any other day. And to echo what some people have been saying, it's bad anthropology that leads people to believe that the Mayan calendar was predicting the end of the world. Though, in one sense it is. The Maya didn't believe in beginnings or ends, they just believed in cycles that had no clear marks for ends or beginnings. The mayan calendar resets, it doesn't stop.
I'm not doing anything different than I do on any other day. And to echo what some people have been saying, it's bad anthropology that leads people to believe that the Mayan calendar was predicting the end of the world. Though, in one sense it is. The Maya didn't believe in beginnings or ends, they just believed in cycles that had no clear marks for ends or beginnings. The mayan calendar resets, it doesn't stop.

Such a simple concept. I don't see why this wouldn't be the first conclusion, anthropologically speaking. Heck, our calendar resets once a year! 

EDIT: Edited for spelling. 
Partying in the Upper East Side. Dancing till the world ends. 

Danny

Partying like's it 1999! Yeah! 

Such a simple concept. I don't see why this wouldn't be the first conclusion, anthropologically speaking.

Because some drug-addled hippie in the 70s had a bad trip and wrote some 'Mayan end of the world' crap down that a lot of dumb people believed.  No credible anthropoligist has ever put any stock in this nonsense.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Merry Mayan Apocolypse!!
I don't know about you guys, but I'm partying with some zombie bigfoot aliens right now.
Well, as far as I'm concerned, the local seer has "12 hours remain" and the moon looks VERY big today...  And there's a face on it, it's hideous!  Probably not a problem.  Anyway, if the world ends, it looks like 5e isn't coming out.  Oh well.  I guess it's better off this way.  Too bad everyone will be a bit too... dead to enjoy D&D though.

The Knights of W.T.F. may as well be ghosts, but the message still stays;

• KEEP D&D ALIVE, END EDITION WARS!
  • RESPECT PEOPLES' PREFERENCES
  • JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
  • PRAISE THE SUN!

It isn't bull! The zombies are coming! So are the aliens! With bigfoot! Zombie bigfoot aliens!

Mostly true, although it's all in the Sixth World. 'cept the aliens you can find all that stuff in there. I will then work on becoming a Chaos Mage or Ki Adept :P

For those that don't get it: Shadowrun.

This has been my best case end of the world scenario for the last 10 years or so. I was vaguely disappointed to wake up today and not hear about mass goblinizations.

Mostly true, although it's all in the Sixth World. 'cept the aliens you can find all that stuff in there. I will then work on becoming a Chaos Mage or Ki Adept :P

For those that don't get it: Shadowrun.

Note taken. Avoiding Chicago.
My two copper.
You know who's not caring about the End of the World?

The Mayans
You know who's not caring about the End of the World?

The Mayans

And a truckload of other people.
I'm trying to figure out what to do with the Ferrari I bought by selling the house....
I'm conducting the first run of an experimental large meteor repulsion system. Why...?