The Distant Spell feat is useless

It allows you to cast a single touch spell per day at a distance of 30ft.

Why would anyone take this over the Find Familiar feat that allows your completely mobile familiar to cast an unlimited number of your touch spells within 100ft.  
It allows you to cast a single touch spell per day at a distance of 30ft.

Why would anyone take this over the Find Familiar feat that allows your completely mobile familiar to cast an unlimited number of your touch spells within 100ft.  

familiar requires money to acquire
it can be hit and destroyed which will then require more money to reacquire
it requires it to get out that distance while potentially alerting the enemy to your presence

where as getting the drop on the big bad with a ranged inflict spell while he is unaware of your presence is pretty scary

I always thought of Distance Spell as a cleric thing.  Touch healing at range.  However, since all Cure X spells are 50' range, I am not sure what it's good for anymore, especially since anyone can have a familiar (a good thing).  Maybe for future paladins who can lay on hands at range?

it requires it to get out that distance while potentially alerting the enemy to your presence

where as getting the drop on the big bad with a ranged inflict spell while he is unaware of your presence is pretty scary

Huh?  Familiars don't require money to reappear.  The initial cost (100gp) is really not much.

Huh?  Familiars don't require money to reappear.  The initial cost (100gp) is really not much.

im just saying, that is a difference. yes it is just that initial cost... but if that familiar dies you must pay it again
No, if your familiar dies you resummon it with a minor ritual.  It's definitely not the same ritual you use to bind one in the first place; it only takes half an hour (as opposed to a whole day) and there is no mention of a cost.
I'm not sure how useful Distance is but I find familiar to be completely useless. In my opinion it was more useful as a class feature than it is now. I never cared much for familiars except with the improved familiar. I think familiar can be more useful if some kind of improved mechanic can be put in place based on level for a fee or something.
IMAGE(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/RockNrollBabe20/Charmed-supernatural-and-charmed_zps8bd4125f.jpg)
No, if your familiar dies you resummon it with a minor ritual.  It's definitely not the same ritual you use to bind one in the first place; it only takes half an hour (as opposed to a whole day) and there is no mention of a cost.

i apologise. i remembered it incorrectly
I think Distant Spell is fine, true not for everyone, but there's always gonna be some that don't want a familiar. Whatever their reasoning.
It adds for those few another option. I personally think that the death of your familiar should still hold a little old school touch however, in as much as it should stun or harm the caster in some minor way. And as for enhanced familiars, they are a bit enhanced over what they used to be in days of old but it's still possible that some skills or feats may yet be added to enhance them more.

When it comes to reach spell it was useful for our party in a classical 1st edition way.

The Cleric used it with the cantrip light to blind the blind the enemy’s leader, trashing their ability to cast spells.