Which story arc/campaign should I get?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey guys. My brother and I are huge Dungeons and Dragons fans and I'm interested in getting him new source material for his campaigns. He's been a DM for 4 years for 3.5 edition and has been a DM for 4th edition for a few years. I'd really like to get him a new source book or a book that features a campaign/story arc for our groups. Either 3.5 or 4th edition would work and we already have the "Neverwinter" campaign setting for 4th edition and the Webs of Darkness sourcebook for 3.5. We have material for both groups to about level 10 to 12 so anything after that would be great. We're looking at anything, as long as it's in the Forgotten Realms setting.

Any input is welcome and appreciated. I just want to get an awesome christmas present.
Thanks and happy holidays.
I can't think of a good FR sourcebook to recommend for 4e sadly.  One thing I could ask is whether your brother has a lot of minis/tokens.  The Monster Vault II: Threats of the Nentir Vale is in FR (I believe) and contains a ton of tokens, monsters and a bit of lore with each monster.
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
What about getting him a subscription to DDi so he can download all of the adventures and articles for the past four or so years? (Also, if he likes the Neverwinter Campaign Setting there are three rather good adventures he could then download.)

FWIW, Nentir Vale is not in the Forgotten Realms but it's still got things you can use there.
Cheers Imruphel aka Scrivener of Doom
Thanks Matyr and Imruphel for both of your input. I'll look into both options. Happy holidays to the both of you.
Merry Christmas to you also, Lord Shojo.

Cheers Imruphel aka Scrivener of Doom
Menzobarranzan book? It is 'system neutral' I guess, but obviously it is going to have a bunch of material for Drow in FR, and probably ties in somewhat with the Neverwinter stuff too.
That is not dead which may eternal lie
interested in getting him new source material for his ... We're looking at anything, as long as it's in the Forgotten Realms setting.

Living Forgotten Realms has some truly excellent material.