sacrifice

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Would a Blood Artist trigger if i sacrificed a Diregraf Ghoul to a Bloodthrone Vampire?  Not quite sure about some of these rules. It has been since 5th edition that I played.  Cards did not have as many options like the newer ones do.  I could not for the life of me remember if sacrificing a creature counted as died.  I thought that if a creature left the battlefield to the graveyard by means of sacrificing, direct damage, destroy, and combat damage that would be considered dead/died.
Also could I get a thread to a rules page/book.  Thanks
Blood Artist cares about creatures dying (going from the battlefield to the graveyard), he doesn't care about the reason (sacrifice in this case)
proud member of the 2011 community team
Just needed clarification to make sure that by all those means it would be considered dead/died. 
700.6. The term dies means “is put into a graveyard from the battlefield.” It is used only when referring
to creatures.

www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Resources.aspx...

Rules Advisor

700.6. The term dies means “is put into a graveyard from the battlefield.”
proud member of the 2011 community team
Thank you appreciate it.
Here is a page with links to the basic and comprehensive rules, Gatherer and tournamnet rules.

The comprehensive rulebook is definitive, but it's better to start with the basic rulebook. Gatherer will be useful to look up card wordings - the Gatherer wording is definitive.
Still blessed by Julia of Hillsdown. M:tG Rules Adviser You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Would a Blood Artist trigger if i sacrificed a Diregraf Ghoul to a Bloodthrone Vampire?

probably, but not necessarily

you didn't mention Leyline of the Void or Rest in Peace here, but they could stop Artist from triggering.

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Taking offers on my set of unopened limited edition full art judge foil basic lands, message me if interested.

There is a forum here dedicated to people getting back into magic.  I checked it out too late, but it is well written and would have been a big help if I read it earlier.  I suggest you check it out.

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Taking offers on my set of unopened limited edition full art judge foil basic lands, message me if interested.

Sign In to post comments