Environment Style Adventure in 4e?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post

I am looking for an adventure specifically for 4e that is much more about the environment being the enemy than monsters.  For example party needs to go from A to B.  What they need to do at B is easy but the actual journey is tough because it’s through a swamp (or desert or some other harsh terrain).  There still would be combat encounters but they would be more incidental.

Thinking about old "Expert Box" style games like Quagmire is the only one I can think of at the moment which does this.

Thanks in advance!

I am looking for an adventure specifically for 4e that is much more about the environment being the enemy than monsters.  For example party needs to go from A to B.  What they need to do at B is easy but the actual journey is tough because it’s through a swamp (or desert or some other harsh terrain).  There still would be combat encounters but they would be more incidental.

Thinking about old "Expert Box" style games like Quagmire is the only one I can think of at the moment which does this.

Thanks in advance!

Dark Sun setting.

Cry Havoc!  And let slip the hogs of war!

Dark sun  hands down
Dark Sun...is a setting, not an adventure.
Seriously, though, you should check out the PbP Haven. You might also like Real Adventures, IF you're cool.
Knights of W.T.F.- Silver Spur Winner
4enclave, a place where 4e fans can talk 4e in peace.
While Darksun is a setting instead of an adventure, there are a lot of darksun adventures and I would check those out.  Also the Darksun sourcebook can give you a lot of ideas as well.
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here

Brilliant. Thank you.

Seems their are no published adventures?

spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AgVSv2n...
The Ashes of Athas modules should be available somewhere.  However I don't actually see where you are supposed to be able to get these darn things...
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
Sign In to post comments