So I just hit Ajani with a 1024/1024 Primordial Hydra.

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
"Here's what I think of your stupid life-gain strategy!"

That was almost as fun as the one planechase game I played where I ended up with 60+ fire hydra tokens from some weird effect.

Has anyone played a game where something just went completely over the top into the realm of insanity?
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I had a game vs ED with CW. He had arbiter out but i got rite on a mirror. I kicked it on an acceptance a few times, then he played angel. By the time he had no flyers i had 10 archeomancers, 15 angels and 4 other creatures. The attack took forever but i ended up with a huge angel. Close to 450/450.
Acceptance, lol love auto correct. Meant to be archeomancer.
Over the top insanity: this sort of fits the bill - it's the only game where I've seen Primal Surge make an appearance.

I played a 2HG game a couple of days ago where an Ancient Wilds player played Primal Surge and put out at least 3/4ths of  their deck.  It gave them so much additional land plus the 6/6 creature that lets you draw a card for every creature you cast that, after the surge, on the same turn, they cast an additional 6 or 7 creatures (they maybe had 8 cards left in their deck by the end of their turn).  They also played the slimes and reduced me (Obedient Dead) to 3 lands and my partner (Crosswinds) had already been at 3 lands due to some Beasts Within.  By the end of the turn, they had a massive amount of creatures on the board (it was impossible to count because of the insane amount of creature clutter but at least 20 creatures) and each of us had 3 lands.

...and they did this despite the fact that I had a Massacre Wurm on the table.  When it came to our turn, I played Infest and my partner Twincast it and they went from around 20 life to well below zero.

Stick Time Reversal on the Mirror and commence fun time.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Had a 2300+/2300+ Serra Avatar once and tons of life gain. Opponent was playing Azorius Servants an had a creature with hexproof + invulnerability + pariah. Both of us had used up all removals, sweeper spells or Mind Control, so it was stalemate. I won because I had a bigger library :P
Goofing around in campaign (also with the Hydra, among other things), it turns out that at least on the PS3, 9999/9999 is the highest creature stat you can scale to.  However, once you attack with said creature and a horde of others, you can take the player down below -9999.  :-)

That was almost as fun as the one planechase game I played where I ended up with 60+ fire hydra tokens from some weird effect.

Has anyone played a game where something just went completely over the top into the realm of insanity?

You can get into many millions (or billions or trillions) of damage, to the point where the game has no hope of processing it.  

CL + CW in 2hg, get your life up to 9999 by abusing Beacon or Celestial Mantle, getSerra Avatar out, replicate it with kicker many times (get mirror out, get replicate on it or just abuse archeomancers and kicked rites or get the draw 7, shuffle your gy back into your library going).    You can get 100 Serra Avatar tokens, all with 9999/9999 power this way (I've done it.)

For even more damage, CW + BoF, get a Fire Servant out.    Replicate it until you get 100 copies of it for the CW player.     BoF then casts any direct damage spell, CW player casts twincast on it.   Each twincasted Searing Spear (or whatever) will be doubled 100 times for the CW player resulting in damage that the game can't possibly even calculate.   It pretty much crashes every time. 

There was another thread detailing stuff like this, can't remember what it is called. 
Not as interesting as you guys but I was in a stalemate against a Yeva deck where I had 4 Soul Wardens, 3 or 4 Ajani Pridemates, and a Well of lost dreams. And in order to break the stalemate I played White Sun Zenith for like 10+. Think it was the first time in any game's history where I made myself ragequit. :p

You can get into many millions (or billions or trillions) of damage, to the point where the game has no hope of processing it.  

CL + CW in 2hg, get your life up to 9999 by abusing Beacon or Celestial Mantle, getSerra Avatar out, replicate it with kicker many times (get mirror out, get replicate on it or just abuse archeomancers and kicked rites or get the draw 7, shuffle your gy back into your library going).    You can get 100 Serra Avatar tokens, all with 9999/9999 power this way (I've done it.)

For even more damage, CW + BoF, get a Fire Servant out.    Replicate it until you get 100 copies of it for the CW player.     BoF then casts any direct damage spell, CW player casts twincast on it.   Each twincasted Searing Spear (or whatever) will be doubled 100 times for the CW player resulting in damage that the game can't possibly even calculate.   It pretty much crashes every time. 

There was another thread detailing stuff like this, can't remember what it is called. 

1.6 billion actually(cannot break 2 billion, its something like 2^31-1 which is the max number). Tried and tested. If you go above that, it goes into negative (the integer wraps around). This means, you can cast a spell that does negative damage, and thus appears to do nothing.

You can do 1.6 billion damage to a creature or player, and it looks cool on the playerstats.

You can do it twice in a turn, and your player-stats will show that your max damage done is billions into the negative.. if you then play a new game, or just do 1 damage in a new turn, the score is reset since +1 is alot more than negative numbers.

I have extensive posts about this, if you search for it. And I believe it fits the description "over the top".
Not as interesting as you guys but I was in a stalemate against a Yeva deck where I had 4 Soul Wardens, 3 or 4 Ajani Pridemates, and a Well of lost dreams. And in order to break the stalemate I played White Sun Zenith for like 10+. Think it was the first time in any game's history where I made myself ragequit. :p

sooo many counters.

I almost ragequit a few days ago, when a Talrand player kicked rite of replication on my soul warden. Again.

Luckily I drew Judgment next turn, and dropped a very large serra avatar a few turns later with a loxodon warhammer on the table. His massive health disappeared quite fast.
k"icked rite of replication on my soul warden"

haha I just won a a game like that ! Opponentwas a real sport though and only quit two turns later when I kicked rite on his pridemate as well Innocent 
Why do so many players kick a Soul Warden ?. I've experienced that so many times, and all they got at the end were 5 chump blockers. Be creative, replicate an Archon of Redemption or something - instant 100 life, far more than any of those useless wardens would ever generate, well, maybe if you're playing against some kind of tokens, except that you have still have 5 3/4 flyers. Or Primalcrux - 5 30/30 tramplers at your disposal

Thanks for the protip, next time I'm playing against Ajani I'll direct all rites to Primalcrux!  Or; if he plays tidespout tyrant, I'll make five of those ! The possibilities are endless !

Let your voices be heard..... are there any new awesome targets from the most recent deckpack? Deus of Calamity, maybe?

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
Hakeem, Kicking RoR on Falkenrath is very sweet.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

I've done over 90,000 damage in one turn. I had 101 Primalcrux, 101 Terra Stompers, a 9999/9999 hydra, as well as around 200 other assorted creatures.
I was playing a game like the ones you guys are talking about except with paper cards, and played a Prized Unicorn... game over.. all his power meant nothing as I killed him the next turn.
Taunting Elf is the DotP2013 equivalent. Can be really amusing with a Yeva deck, with overrun and enough other creatures. That little 0/1 is always a prime target for removal whenever I see it pop up onto the battlefield.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
How are you guys getting hundreds and thousands of these?
How are you guys getting hundreds and thousands of these?

3x Rite of Replication + Panoptic Mirror   ( + Time Warp/Time Stretch + Archaeomancer + Bribery )
Because in every duel Crosswinds plays it not only draws its one copy of Panoptic Mirror but survives long enough to kick multiple Rite of Replications.

Following this logic of balance, the guy who designed Peacekeepers, Goblin Gangland, Berserker Rage, Pack Instinct, Exalted Darkness, Obedient Dead, Aura Servants, Grinning Malice, Celestial Light and Born of Flame should go back to whatever it is he did before balancing decks too. All of the above have a good chance of defeating Crosswinds before it can get one of its game winning combos out (assuming both decks are built well).

Just because a deck has the potential of doing ridiculous combos doesn't mean it can do it all the time. The perfect example was Ancient Depths in DOTP 2012...that deck could do the most insane things ever seen in a duels game. Was it a good deck (in 1v1)? Nope.

This is why I don't play Crosswinds more. I really hate it when people say it's "op" or "imbalanced" just because of a couple of cards/combos that it only achieves every now and then. Don't get me wrong it's a powerful deck, but it's far from overpowered.
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Because in every duel Crosswinds plays it not only draws its one copy of Panoptic Mirror but survives long enough to kick multiple Rite of Replications.

Following this logic of balance, the guy who designed Peacekeepers, Goblin Gangland, Berserker Rage, Pack Instinct, Exalted Darkness, Obedient Dead, Aura Servants, Grinning Malice, Celestial Light and Born of Flame should go back to whatever it is he did before balancing decks too. All of the above have a good chance of defeating Crosswinds before it can get one of its game winning combos out (assuming both decks are built well).

Just because a deck has the potential of doing ridiculous combos doesn't mean it can do it all the time. The perfect example was Ancient Depths in DOTP 2012...that deck could do the most insane things ever seen in a duels game. Was it a good deck (in 1v1)? Nope.

This is why I don't play Crosswinds more. I really hate it when people say it's "op" or "imbalanced" just because of a couple of cards/combos that it only achieves every now and then. Don't get me wrong it's a powerful deck, but it's far from overpowered.

Aisde from Panoptic Timewarp, Crosswinds actually needs a LOT of help from it's partner/opponent/s to be as awesome as people are saying. There aren't that many "broken" components for to combo off of in Crosswinds itself and not every opponent is forthcoming to having their stuff used against them. In other words, you don't build up, turtle or otherwise "sit and wait" against Crosswinds. You MDK Crosswinds as quickly as possible.

Aisde from Panoptic Timewarp, Crosswinds actually needs a LOT of help from it's partner/opponent/s to be as awesome as people are saying. There aren't that many "broken" components for to combo off of in Crosswinds itself and not every opponent is forthcoming to having their stuff used against them. In other words, you don't build up, turtle or otherwise "sit and wait" against Crosswinds. You MDK Crosswinds as quickly as possible.

Yes.  Crosswinds should be the target of all players in any multiplayer setting.  If Crosswinds isn't immediately attacked by all other players in a 4 player FFA situation it will probably win.  I don't play much 4 player FFA but I suspect that many of the complaints regarding collusion come from people who are playing Crosswinds (or mill, or from 2012, the green/blue deck).  Killing Crosswinds as quickly as possible is the only tactic that makes sense.
Sign In to post comments