Dungeons and Dragons: Combat of Realms and Ages (fighting game)

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Have you ever wanted a Dungeons and Dragons fighting game (not like Iron and Blood)?  How about a four player fighting game which pits players against each other, in teams of 2 vs 2 or even 3 vs 1?  Here is an example of what I am talking about,

Picture a scene, with two duelists fighting it out on top of a roof connected to a building on the docks, Drizzt and Elminster if you would, or whom ever you wish to imagine, but this for description, it will be Drizzt and Elminster.  Drizzt is standing there, his cape flapping in the wind, his scimitars drawn, Elminster staring off at him doing whatever it is Elminster does (points a staff?).  Drizzt rushes forward his blades a whir, Elminster in desperation casts a fireball which harmlessly passes right over Drizzt (immunity to fire, Icingdeath equipped).  The fireball crashes through the roof of the building landing inside, causing the building to catch ablaze.  The fight continues as the two combatants battle atop the roof of a flaming building.

On the next part of the screen is a fighter chasing a rogue as the rogue is trying to escape, the fighter swings across some ropes set up on a ship as the rogue is locking a door to secure it from their fighter opponent.  This causes it so the fighter can't directly get to the rogue and gives the rogue ample time to set a trap for the fighter once they pop in to attack.

It is said the fighting genre needs to evolve, it's been stale/stagnant for far too long.  What better way to evolve the genre than by giving it a PROPER Dungeons and Dragons twist?  All four combatants have the ability to take the fight from inside the tavern on the docks, to it's roof, to the docks below, to/across the ship and through the rooms on the ship.  This is just one example of one stage, the idea for stages, interactable and fully destructible environments.  By this I mean burning buildings/structures, doors that can be opened, closed, locked, broken open, windows you can jump through, ropes you can swing across, switches you can press, etc...  Other characters aside from the players (combatants) might also be present depending on the stage, for example the stage above, may have tavern patrons, a dock hand, a ship's crew, etc... they can react in various ways, cowering in fear, running for their lives until they get off screen or even attempting to fight back.

Characters are a big part of the game (obviously).  It would be nice if they were simple to use, but cannon/iconic to the way they are in the writings, such as Drizzt being immune to fire when he has Icingdeath equipped, or his ability to summon Guenhwyvar, Globes of Darkness, etc... Elminster's arcane sight ability, etc...  Characters will also be built from the ground up from level's 1-20 so combatant's can choose which level they wish to fight with them at.  Gear will also be appropriate to level.  Characters will come from all forms of writing, obviously Forgotten Realms, but also Ebberon, Grey Hawk, Dark Sun, Raven Loft, etc... A very important aspect of the game would allow players to create their own characters as well, this will be based on a custom rule system for the game (or current).  They can also play adventure mode (side scrolling beat em up/hack n slash) to level up their character.  Equipment for created characters will be purchased with gold appropriate to character level.  Aside from creating characters, creating stages will be important as well for players.

I am not too familiar with a lot of different characters, but name some characters you'd want from the different settings.  Try to incorporate Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Mystara, Ravenloft, Eberron, Dark Sun, etc...
Name races/classes you'd like to play as for custom characters as well.
Does this sound like a video game you would enjoy playing?
What operating system would you like it on?  PC, tablet, PS3, XBox 360, WIIU, etc...?

fighting scene example
No...not particularily.
Khyber is a dark and dangerous place, full of flame and smoke, where ever stranger things lie dormant.
I would preffer it to be 1 match 1 stage like Mortal Kombat but I'd like a game like that.
I would preffer it to be 1 match 1 stage like Mortal Kombat but I'd like a game like that.

Please elaborate.  Do you mean 1 vs 1?  The game would allow for 1 vs 1, free for all (3 to 4 way), 2 vs 2, 1 vs 2, 1 vs 3 etc...
And it is 1 stage, the stage just isn't just 1 flat level, you can climb, jump, swim and traverse the whole bit of it.
There is no switch or loading between bits of the stage, it's all right there on the screen, similar to Smash Brothers or other fighting games like that.

Please elaborate.  Do you mean 1 vs 1?  The game would allow for 1 vs 1, free for all (3 to 4 way), 2 vs 2, 1 vs 2, 1 vs 3 etc...
And it is 1 stage, the stage just isn't just 1 flat level, you can climb, jump, swim and traverse the whole bit of it.
There is no switch or loading between bits of the stage, it's all right there on the screen, similar to Smash Brothers or other fighting games like that.

I guess that's the problem I'm too much of a fan of the old MK style 1 vs 1 symple arena, SB proved the style you're describing can be succesfull so I don't see why not yet I'd preffer a
option for matches where the terrain doesn't matter, and it's just your character's abilities + your skill which decides it.
Howdy folks,

I have moved this thread to RPGs General Discussion, where it is more on-topic.

Thanks.  

All around helpful simian

I guess that's the problem I'm too much of a fan of the old MK style 1 vs 1 symple arena, SB proved the style you're describing can be succesfull so I don't see why not yet I'd preffer a
option for matches where the terrain doesn't matter, and it's just your character's abilities + your skill which decides it.

I see what you mean, but there could be some flat stages as well.  Throw in some flat, neutral stages as well as some detailed, tiered stages and I am sure the game would be a huge success.
I am just curious, what types of characters would you want to see in the game?  Drizzt and Elminster would be no-brainers as they are some of the most well known D&D characters, but what about other worlds or even other Forgotten Realms characters?
Sign In to post comments