More Swords

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
You've heard of the swords cycle from the Mirrodin block.  I now give you the five allied swords to go with the five enemy ones.  Equip cost is higher because the effects are better

Sword of Blood and Guts
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from black and from red.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, exile target creature and Sword of Blood and Guts deals 4 damage to that creature's controller.
Equip

Sword of Stone and Wood
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from red and from green.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, destroy target land, then search your library for a land card, put it into play tapped, then shuffle your library.
Equip

Sword of Heaven and Earth
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from white and from green.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, put 3 +1/+1 counters on it and creatures don't untap during target player's next untap step
Equip

Sword of Sun and Rain
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from white and from blue.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to you this turn and return target permanent to its owner's hand
Equip

Sword of Water and Wine
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from black and from blue.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, you may pay :ubm::ubm::ubm::ubm:.
If you do, take another turn after this one, and creatures your opponents control get -2/-2 during that turn
Equip

Thoughts?
I vehemently oppose the increased equip cost. If you want to continue a cycle, continue a cycle! Don't change it needlessly!
I vehemently oppose the increased equip cost. If you want to continue a cycle, continue a cycle! Don't change it needlessly!

The problem is that most of the good effects that cost about were already taken...
Sword of Blood and Guts doesn't really feel red/black to me. Exiling creatures is more of a white ability. What if the sword let you draw a card and lose 1 life, and dealt 4 damage to a target creature? Drop the equip cost to 2.

Sword of Stone and Wood is probably too good. Maybe you could search up a land and put it into your hand and return an opponents land to their hand. Drop the equip cost to 2.

I'm getting a strong blue vibe from Sword of Heaven and Earth. How about 'target creature gets a +1/+1 counter and gains lifelink'? Drop the equip cost to 2.

Sword of Sun and Rain prevents combat damage to YOU on an opponents turn? That's kinda useless. Limit it to returning a certain type of permanent, probably creatures, and change the other ability to something like, "prevent all combat damage target creature would deal until your next upkeep' or something. Drop the equip cost to 2.

I hate the payment required for Sword of Water and Wine. Also, extra turns easily leads to infinite turns. Maybe do something like, "Cast an instant or sorcery with converted mana cost 3 or less from their grave without paying it's casting cost" and "Look at the top card of your library. You may put it on the bottom of your library." Drop the equip cost to 2.

Yeah, it's the only card in this cycle that forces you to play decks with specified colors! But removing creatures from the game is a black ability that was printed on many existing cards, because black can destroy creatures and black can remove creatures that are put into graveyards from the game, so it's just a harmless combination of two black abilities..
Sword of Blood and Guts doesn't really feel red/black to me. Exiling creatures is more of a white ability. What if the sword let you draw a card and lose 1 life, and dealt 4 damage to a target creature? Drop the equip cost to 2.

Sword of Stone and Wood is probably too good. Maybe you could search up a land and put it into your hand and return an opponents land to their hand. Drop the equip cost to 2.

I'm getting a strong blue vibe from Sword of Heaven and Earth. How about 'target creature gets a +1/+1 counter and gains lifelink'? Drop the equip cost to 2.

Sword of Sun and Rain prevents combat damage to YOU on an opponents turn? That's kinda useless. Limit it to returning a certain type of permanent, probably creatures, and change the other ability to something like, "prevent all combat damage target creature would deal until your next upkeep' or something. Drop the equip cost to 2.

I hate the payment required for Sword of Water and Wine. Also, extra turns easily leads to infinite turns. Maybe do something like, "Cast an instant or sorcery with converted mana cost 3 or less from their grave without paying it's casting cost" and "Look at the top card of your library. You may put it on the bottom of your library." Drop the equip cost to 2.

Give up with the "Drop the Equip cost to 2".  It ain't happenin'

I'm not seeing how SofS&R's ability kicks in on an OPPONENT'S turn.  It prevents ALL combat damage to you and your creatures on YOUR turn.

For Sword of Stone and Wood, compare Reap and Sow

And exiling is totally a black ability, just like tapping is a white (not a blue) ability.

Remember that if I bump the Equip cost to , I can throw in abilities that would cost about , which is why I did that.
I'm sorry, I thought you posted these for a healthy discussion and to garner input from others. I must have been mistaken.
It prevents ALL combat damage to you and your creatures on YOUR turn.

Uh.
Why do I care about that?

It doesn't actually mention your creatures, as an fyi.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Sword of Blood and Guts actually feels very BR to me. Noticing what happens when your opponents are creatureless? I would make it "target creature's controller sacrifices it"
Isn't wine white? Maybe it comes in white and red, but black?

I did ally-color swords a while back:

Law and Order
Knowledge and Power
Freedom and Dominion
Love and Hate
Heaven and Earth
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sign In to post comments