DLCR: Stab Wound

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays RtR card to rate is...

Stab Wound

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what.  I will always play this card.
4.5: Splashable and first pick worthy.
4.0: First pick pack 1.
3.5: Early pick though not always a first pick.
3.0: Solid early/mid pick.
2.5: Solid pick in color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

I love this card.  It's great to put on there defender creatures or something that ends up with 0 power when this is one.  Also this is pretty decent removal in general for this set.

Discuss! 
3.5-4

This card almost always deals 4 damage.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

Early in the format this card was really amazing, but lately its been under performing in an adapted meta. Under performing with a great card is still really good though.
It would be just under 2.0 without the damage. With the damage, it's 3.5-4.0. Getting it on an unleashed thrill-kill assassin is the dream.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
Something in the 3.5-4.0 range seems right. You can use this to kill pesky Guildmages, and getting it on something like Sunspire Griffin can often hand you the game.

Not much else to say. 
3.5. Really solid card.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
I'll give it 3.5-4.  It's first pickable for certain, though not always so.  It's a very strong card that strangely gets passed pretty late in my meta (I've seen it table on more than a couple occasions).
3.5 sounds fair. It is a card that can win the game for you many times. Most people aren't running a lot of enchantment removal and I have seen people use their own removal on stabbed creatures. Solid.
3.5 is the top end.

4.0 is WAY to high.
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
From the 1st pre-release, this has been my favorite card in the set.  I'll never pass one unless there's a card worth $$$ in the pack.  It's splashable, it's demoralizing when someone has to use their removal on their own creature, and I've had one do 10 damage in a game before.  Sticking it on a Axebane Guardian when the opponent is really needing mana is my favorite play.  So unless there's a >$5 card in the pack, this is a 5 for me.   
Sign In to post comments