[The Hunt] The Fifth Hunt

214 posts / 0 new
Last post

IMAGE(http://houmann.funky.dk/ymtc/hunt/thehunt.jpg)
The thrill of the hunt. The smells, the sounds, the acute awareness of life and death surrounds you. You have traveled far, you have seen what the worlds have had to offer. You have turned down the wealth of a hundred princes. You have seen the wonders of a myriad planes. And you have stared into the dark abyss. All for the hunt. Now you find yourself in unfamiliar territory. You are not alone. You can hear – no, you can sense that there are others. And you can sense that they too know that they are not alone. This place is ripe with possibility, ripe with disaster. It bodes well – for the hunt.

The Hunt is a fast-paced YMtC contest for 10 players (in any given round). You take on the role of Hunters – cross-planar entities who feed on the very essences of Planeswalkers, the so-called Spark. Hunters are similar to Planeswalkers insofar as they too can travel between planes, but not voluntarily and not according to any plan. They are drawn to the ‘nearest’ ‘Walker and must stay on that plane until they are either destroyed or victorious. Only when they have consumed the Spark of another ‘Walker does their energy replenish itself, before they are unwillingly pulled through the Blind Eternities towards the next ‘Walker – to the next Hunt. A cursed existence – but an all-consuming one.
When several Hunters are drawn to the same ‘Walker, the Hunt changes. Now it becomes a matter of time – get to the ‘Walker first or be stranded forever. That – or the Hunter becomes the Hunted. The latter is a blessing and a curse in itself. But it is also what every Hunter longs for.

Rules
Whenever a player wishes to join The Hunt, he/she must post a card – first come, first serve. That card will be secretly judged and that player will be sent a PM with the stats for his or her Hunter – the better the card, the more skillful the Hunter.
Hunters are similar to Planeswalkers, in that they too use loyalty counters to use their abilities, but as opposed to Planeswalkers, Hunters cannot gain counters, except from destroying other Hunters or Planeswalkers. Whenever a Hunter destroys another Hunter, it gains 2 loyalty counters. Whenever a Hunter destroys a Planeswalker, it wins the Round and escapes the plane.
Hunters cannot create cards with a higher CMC than their loyalty counters and neither can they create cards that are more colors than their loyalty counters. At first, this will rarely matter, but as the game goes on, your options become limited as your energy fades. Recharge by destroying a ‘Walker or another Hunter and go for the throat again.
The Rounds and Actions
The Hunt is a round-based contest, where each round represents the amount of time it takes for either the Planeswalker to escape the plane or for a Hunter to seek out the Planeswalker and absorb his/her Spark. When a Planeswalker escapes or is destroyed, the round ends and all Hunters – except the one who destroyed the ‘Walker – are stranded and eliminated. Then the next round begins and new players get the chance to play – the Hunter who survived (if the ‘Walker did not escape) is automatically ported to the next round. He or she must make a new submission, but starts the game with an additional 2 loyalty counters – entry is assured. But in the process of traveling through the Blind Eternities, perhaps the Hunter changes…

Rounds are comprised of turns – a single round has as many turns it takes for either the ‘Walker to escape or for a Hunter to destroy the ‘Walker. Each turn, each player will create a card to represent their chosen action for that turn; Stalk, Hide, Attack or Plot. The card will be graded and pitted against the card submitted by the target of that player's action. The higher scoring card succeeds to some extent, while the lower-scoring card is affected by the action taken. Submitted cards are posted in-thread, while targets are chosen by PM.
Stalk
When Stalking a target, the Hunter attempts to figure out whether or not the target is a Planeswalker or a Hunter, or what kind of Hunter the target is and what abilities the target has. If the Stalk action succeeds, information is gained according to how well the action succeeded. Furthermore, the target will not notice the Stalk action being performed. If the Stalk action fails, the target of the Stalk action gets a +1 Attack bonus for that turn and the next turn against the Hunter who failed his or her Stalk action.
 Hide
When Hiding, the Hunter tries to avoid being detected by other Hunters or Planeswalkers. The Hide action does not target, but acts as a passive target number for Attack, Stalk and Plot actions taken by other players. If the Hide action succeeds, no information is gained by Stalking Hunters and no damage is dealt by (or to!) Attacking Hunters. Furthermore, a succesful Hide action gives the Hunter +1 to Attack ANY player in the next round. If the Hide action fails, Stalk actions succeed as usual (only with more information gained), while Attack actions are at a +1 bonus.
Attack
When Attacking, the Hunter actively tries to destroy his or her target. If the action succeeds, the target loses a number of loyalty counters equal to the difference in the grades of both cards submitted. If the action fails, the Hunter loses the same amount of counters. If more than one Hunter is responsible for destroying another Hunter, the Hunter with the highest Attack grade that Turn is the one who gains loyalty counters. When/if the 'Walker is destroyed, the Hunter with the highest Attack grade gains two loyalty counters and then the Hunter with the highest number of loyalty counters wins the Round.
Plot
When Plotting, the Hunter attempt to reveal another Player's information and weaken that Player's resolve. If the Plot Action succeeds, the target of the Plot Action has his/her number of loyalty publicly revealed and gets a -1 penalty to all Actions next turn. If the Plot Action fails, the Plotting Hunter's loyalty is publicly revealed and he/she must perform a Hide Action next turn.

The Planeswalkers
Each round a single player secretly chosen at random discovers her or her Spark and ascends to the status of Planeswalker. That player becomes that round’s target for the other players known as Hunters. It is up to the Planeswalker to hide his or her true identity for as long as possible and to make the other Hunters hunt each other, until the Planeswalker can escape the plane with his or her Spark intact.
A Planeswalker escapes the plane whenever he or she amasses 10 or more loyalty counters (and wins the round). If a Planeswalker is reduced to 0 or less loyalty counters, the Hunter who was responsible escapes the plane (and wins the round). If no Hunter was responsible, the Planeswalker is destroyed, all Hunters are stranded and the round ends in a loss for the Planeswalker (but no wins for the Hunters). If more than one Hunter is responsible for the destruction of a Planeswalker, the one with the most loyalty counters wins the round.
A Planeswalker-win translates into 3 points on the Hunt Leaderboard. A Planeswalker-loss translates into -1 point on the Hunt Leaderboard (only if no Hunter is responsible.) A Hunter-win translates into 1 point on the Hunt Leaderboard.

The Hunters
Hunters come in all shapes and sizes. When entering a round, the entry card submitted determines the “shape and size” of that specific Hunter for that round; one of ten different Hunter-classes and the amount of loyalty counters the Hunters starts the round with. Each Hunter class has a number of different abilities. These abilities can be used once each turn (unless otherwise stated) (only when choosing Actions – one PM is sent with the appropriate action and the use of an ability, if any) and must have a valid target. (For instance, you cannot target a ‘Walker, unless his/her identity has been revealed to you.) These abilites do not require a card submission.

The Planes
Each round ten players (9 Hunters and a Planeswalker) are transported to a new plane in the Multiverse; it could be an already known one (such as Kamigawa) or it could be a completely unknown one. Each plane decides what cards can be submitted during that round. For instance, while Hunting on Kamigawa, Kamigawa-flavours and –mechanics are more potent that any other cards and are graded as such. Furthermore, each Planes may have a special ability, represented by a Plane card from the Plane. These special abilities will be secret until someone figures them out or they are revealed.

Grades and Posting
Cards submitted are graded on a scale from 1-10, incorporating Concept, Design, Power, Creative and Oomph; 0 – Less Good, 1 – Good, 2 – Very Good. Cards not following the current Plane’s flavour are penalized depending how they much they diverge. Whenever a player fails to post a card for a given Turn, he or she automatically succeeds in a Hide Action, but loses half (rounded up) of his or her loyalty counters.

ceci n'est pas une signature.

Welcome to the Fifth Hunt

Screaming through the emptiness, the pain is unbearable. The force of a thousand planes weigh down upon you, crushing your very soul. Endless torment, then suddenly, light. Silence.
You open your eyes, straining against brightness. You do not recognize this place. The smells are different. The sounds, now audible but strangely unfamiliar. You look around and realize you are alone. No. Not alone. Isolated, but not alone. There are others.
And then it hits you – a Spark! You sense it instinctively. It has not been here long, it is still fresh, still young. Still potent. You quickly get up. It must not escape. You will not end your cursed existence in this place.
Quickly. Go. Hunt.

Nine Hunters are needed for this Round. Chintastica, having won the Fourth Hunt, is our first player unless he declines. This time, there will be restrictions on flavour and mechanics – you have arrived on Bant on Alara, which means that only block specific mechanics are allowed until further notice (Alara Block, not just Bant mechanics). The first 9 players to post a card for the following criterium are given substance on this plane.

The Hunt has begun.
Create a card that "bends" or "breaks". Interpret freely.

In.

Break Formation
Instant (U)
Target creature loses exalted until end of turn and attacks this turn if able.
"Hold the line. This is an Akrasan soldier's first duty. We cannot suffer any of you to fail in this simple task. Those who are unable to follow this order, lay down your weapons now and return home. There is no place for you on the front in this time of crisis." -Rafiq, champion of Bant, to his troops.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
In in in.

Homegrown Brute
Creature - Orc Shaman
Whenever ~ blocks, it gets +1/+1 for each creature not involved in combat.

"To fight is to live - anything else is mere existence."

1/1

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Rhox Siegebreaker

Creature - Rhino solider

If ~ becomes blocked by a creature with defender, Destory that creature

4/3, Trample, Exalted.

"They thought they were safe behind thier doors of iron and walls of stone. They were wrong"
Alter Perspective
Instant (U)
Put target creature X cards from the top of its owner's library, where X is its power.
"You don't have to see things my way. Then again, you don't have to see anything at all."
- Gwafa Hazid
Rhox Emancipator 2GW
Creature - Rhino Monk
Exalted
When ~ enters the battlefield, destroy target enchantment. If it was enchanting a creature, that creature gains Exalted until end of turn (If a creature already has Exalted, it gains another instance of Exalted.)
2/3
"Bant does not deal in chains."
In! Again.

Logic Snap :Xm::U::B:
Sorcery

Delve, Buyback
Each player puts the top X cards of their library into their graveyard. 
Ego
144902215 wrote:
Morgothra has the Syntax and Grammar of a God.
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
I can't compete with this.
57461258 wrote:
@Morgothra: Beautifully said, sir. Beautifully said.
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
In.

Waverider
Creature - Elemental R
Whenever Waverider attacks, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn for each untapped blue creature you control.
It crashes ashore with the force of a breaking tidal wave.
1/1

Comments
Bant is the exalted shard. Exalted means that generally only one dude is going to be attacking each turn. So this guy is going to get a large bonus since all your other guys are going to be untapped.

This guy is huge on the attack in the right situations, but at the very worst he's a bid dumb dork with no evasion, which was never competitively playable. And if you attack with your other guys (barring vigilance) then this guy only gets smaller.
A little bit of courage is the real magic.
in!
Bump. Can't believe this isn't getting more attention, people.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Break Reality
Instant
Counter target spell unless its controller returns a creature to its owner's hand.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
In! Again.

Logic Snap :Xm::U::B:
Sorcery

Delve, Buyback
Each player puts the top X cards of their library into their graveyard. 

you have arrived on Bant on Alara, which means that only block specific mechanics are allowed until further notice (Alara Block, not just Bant mechanics).

just trying to help

anyway!

I am ST and I love flavor criteria. I love them so much that they're all I do and I don't even care that razor hates them. I put no thought into how my criteria decisions affect razorborne. MEANIE. this is by the way just a ramble to keep my brain flowing until an idea pops out, I have no issue with you although flavor criterias are categorically the worst form of criteria but it is okay because you are SilentTwin and the rules do not apply to you you can do what you want OKAY BREAKING STUFF.

Shambling Smasher-
Creature-Zombie
Trample
Whenever Shambling Smasher attacks, sacrifice a land and a creature.
"Many think a trail of destruction is the sign of a monster. They are wrong. A true monster leaves not destruction, but emptiness in its wake."~Hadran, Sunseeker of Naya
7/3

okay this section is being written before I write flavor text even though you will see it up there when you do but I want to take my mind off that 'cause forcing it isn't working SO LET'S TALK NUMBERS. basically the key here is that you want his body to encourage attacking. why? because the card has to be balanced if you take off the drawback and replace it with defender. so what does 4 mana get you on a defender? the best I can find is around a 4/4. there's some 4/5s but around that area seems right. but if he's defending he's not doing the job I want him to do, which is large, smashy guy with a drawback. I could add "Shambling Smasher can't block" but then I would be less subtle than a giant zombie that wandered around punching things. so I went with tweaking P/T. now if it's too small, it trades with the first 1/1 that gets in its way, so I don't get many decision points on the trigger. so I can't have it be too high. looking at P/T to CMC distributions, a 3/3 for 3 isn't unheard of, and 3/2s are fairly common. so trading with cards that cost less than him seems reasonable. that way he's not worth his cost as a defender, but he's still valuable on offense. so 3 toughness seems right. on power, I went back and forth a bit on this, but overall the exact number doesn't matter as long as it's very high for a 4-drop. the highest-power vanilla you can get for 4 is a 5/2. that's our benchmark. +1/+1 and trample for the drawback seems weak, but the switch from 2 to 3 toughness is a fairly significant one. still, the drawback is very harsh, so for now I bumped it to +2/+1 and trample. I could even see myself going up to +3/+1. when you look at other 3-toughness 4-drops, the power value for vanilla seems to be 4. that means I'm getting +3/+0 and trample over, say, shatterskull giant. good enough. 

so anyway. flavor. I like the name, because I like the word "shambling". I GOT IT NEVER MIND OKAY WOOH. for reference, Hadran is a real character because I wanted to add some of Kevin's vaunted "realism". I think I did it wrong. hey whatever.

:dueL: 
120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
Break the Weak
Enchantment
Creatures with 5 or more power get +3/+3 and gain trample.
Creatures with 4 or less power get -1/-1.
[*c]Island[*/c] minus the * = Island Really. You need to know this.
Also
We are the Izzet Some think we are scattered after the disappearance of Niv-Mizzet He is connected to us by the firemind He has formulated a master plan Before, we were just experimenters, looked down upon Now we have a greater purpose This bit is random And so is this Yeah
That's 10 players, where we actually only need 9 - sorry eddned! Chintastica has the last spot, should he choose to accept it.

Players in the Fifth Hunt:

Chintastica
Lobster667
magicpablo666
MisterDempsey
Morgothra 
razorborne
Rush_Clasic  
Silly_Dragons
steelcreed
theatog

PMs with Roles and starting loyalty will be sent, after Chin posts his entry card and I have a chance to grade your cards. So go bother Chin until he posts..   

Rafiq of the Legion
Creature - Zombie Knight
Whenever a creature attacks, it gets -1/-1 until end of turn for each nonattacking creature that shares a controller with it.
Creatures you control have double strike as long as you control no nonattacking creatures.
Broken by demons, he now stands as a mockery of his former Bantian teachings.
3/3

He's breaking all the rules of his former shard/plane.
I have a sig because it gives my posts better spacing.
Excellent! We have all our Players. Expect PMs and Turn 1 to start sometime within the next 12 hours.

Furthermore, since we play the Fifth Hunt on Bant, there will be an added element of spectator influence during the Fifth Hunt. It's just a little experiment and it won't be major. If people like it, it'll be added to the rules, if not, it won't.

It goes as follows:

Each Turn anyone may post their support for that Turn for any Player in the game by posting "PLAYER: +1". These votes of support break ties. For instance if two Hunters both score a 6 on their card and Attack each other, the Hunter with more supporting votes breaks the tie and deals 1 damage to the other Hunter. It works the same way for the other Actions.

So start campaigning!  

So not fair, I had 4 hours before I could post my card.
Razorborne: +1
@razorborne: How did I miss that? I managed to do the last one without screwing up. Thanks, but it's too late now so I'll take the penalty - which will probably give me a low level of loyalty .

This is going to be difficult as I wasn't playing during shards, so I don't know the mechanic breakdown. Can anyone give me a synopsis? 
Ego
144902215 wrote:
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
57461258 wrote:
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
@razorborne: How did I miss that? I managed to do the last one without screwing up. Thanks, but it's too late now so I'll take the penalty - which will probably give me a low level of loyalty .

This is going to be difficult as I wasn't playing during shards, so I don't know the mechanic breakdown. Can anyone give me a synopsis? 

Bant has exalted as a mechanic, which gives a creature +1/+1 when it attacks if it is the only attacker. Exalted stacks, so if you have 3 exalted guys, a single attacker will get +3/+3. Generally Bant likes sending through one massive attacker backed by exalted bonuses, while keeping everybody else back for defense.

Jund has devour, which basically lets your creatures eat other creatures you have when you cast them so that they enter the battlefield bigger. Jund generally likes making a lot of tokens and small dudes you don't really care about, or even dudes who want to die, and then feeding them all to cast a huge dragon or something.

Grixis has unearth, which allows you to cast creatures from your graveyard. The creature dies after one turn though. Grixis is great at playing the standard attrition game, since most of their creatures can be unearthed for another turn of benefit.

Naya had a "power matters" mechanic. A bunch of its cards cared about creatures with 5 or more power. Generally with Naya, you play the standard "cast a bunch of fat dorks and smash your opponent's face in" deck. There's not really much else to say.

Esper is artifact based as its mechanic. Think of Mirrodin lite. They also make big use of colored artifacts.
Thanks Silly_Dragons I'll try to remember that in later rounds  
Ego
144902215 wrote:
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
57461258 wrote:
Contest Winners
Also remember that Alara mechanics are not the ONLY mechanics you should use this Round. All the usual suspects are on the table too, it's just that you shouldn't pull block-specific mechanics from other blocks (like battlecry from Mirrodin for instance). 

PMs have been sent, a Planeswalker has ascended and the Fifth Hunt begins.

The intense sunlight reflecting off the myriad golden towers of Akrasa blind you, as you crawl to your legs, still weak from the agonizing journey through the Blind Eternities. Your other senses seem to be blinded as well, as you slowly but surely regain your composure. You hear the sounds of battle, the clashing of swords, the cheers of a crowd - and you then, you feel. The Spark! It is here! But it has an unknown guise and is hidden from you.
You look around this place of civilization and reminisce back to the time when you did not lead this cursed life of a Hunter. You think you canalmost taste sugar, but then the sensation dissipates and your appetite for that all-consuming, all-encompassing, all-important Spark floods you again..
Quickly. Go. Hunt. 

IMAGE(http://houmann.funky.dk/ymtc/hunt/turn01.jpg)

Turn 1
Create a card that is either "honorable" or "dishonorable". Interpret freely.
Step One: Post Your Card.
Step Two: Send a PM with your Action for the turn and Targets, if any.
Step Three: Wait for grades (or create mistrust and paranoia.. )

Corridor Creeper
Creature - Shapeshifter Assassin (U)
~ is unblockable and whenever it deals combat damage to a player, you may destroy target creature with power 1 or less that player controls.
Unearth
"It avoids the strong and hunts the weak, it prowls the spires behind the front lines, and it even refuses to acknowledge when it's lost. What is this abomination doing on Bant?" -Alador, Sage of Akrasa.
2/1
Honorable Knight
Creature - Human Knight
Exalted, first strike
~ can't attack unless defending player controls an untapped creature.
4/4

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
I still can't grasp ST's taste. I haven't scored anything over 6 all through both hunts X(
BTW, not the PW here. I have 6 loyalty.

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Razorborne: +1

what.

ST, I can't find any mention anywhere of how long turns are. when is deadline?

Each Turn anyone may post their support for that Turn for any Player in the game by posting "PLAYER: +1". These votes of support break ties. For instance if two Hunters both score a 6 on their card and Attack each other, the Hunter with more supporting votes breaks the tie and deals 1 damage to the other Hunter. It works the same way for the other Actions.

oh okay. thanks Silly!

ST, I can't find any mention anywhere of how long turns are. when is deadline?

Usually 3 days.
I have a sig because it gives my posts better spacing.
Sigil Thief
Creature - Human Rogue R
: Until end of turn, all effects that change target creature's power or toughness change Sigil Thief's power and toughness instead. (Effects are created by spells and abilities.)
In Bant, there is no greater crime than claiming an honor one did not recieve.
1/1

Comments

This steals exalted bonuses like nobodies business. It also randomly makes Tarmogoyf's into 0/1's and steals the +10/+10 from Eldrazi Conscription (though Annihilator may still ruin your day). This full list of things that this card affects can be found in layer 7:

613.3a. Layer 7a: Effects from characteristic-defining abilities that define power and/or toughness are applied. See rule 604.3.
613.3b. Layer 7b: Effects that set power and/or toughness to a specific number or value are applied.
613.3c. Layer 7c: Effects that modify power and/or toughness (but don't set power and/or toughness to a specific number or value) are applied.
613.3d. Layer 7d: Power and/or toughness changes from counters are applied. See rule 121, "Counters."
613.3e. Layer 7e: Effects that switch a creature's power and toughness are applied. Such effects take the value of power and apply it to the creature's toughness, and take the value of toughness and apply it to the creature's power.

Stab in the Back
Instant
Cast Stab in the Back only after attackers have been declared. Target creature that is not attacking gains deathtouch, then it fights target attacking creature.

"The cheers turned from glorious and inspiring to dark and insipid for only a moment. That was all it took."

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Four down, six to go. And yeah, three day limit per round - or if everyone posts before the deadline, the next Turn just starts quicker.

I'm a little busy today, but I still owe a few people a PM... I'll see what I can do. Don't stay up.  

Nefarious Herald
Creature - Demon (R)
At the end of each player's combat, that player sacrifices a creature and gains life equal to its power.
The knight, so recently striding with gallantry, trembled on his knees, his head shivering but steady in the demon's clasp. "Fear not," the foul voice came. "Your blood shall not be wasted."
4/3

Meant as a card that could be played in an exalted deck, but rather useful all over the place.
Proud Beastrider :R::G::W:
Creature - Human Knight

Trample.
Prevent all damage ~ would deal to creatures with power 2 or less.

6/5

Mayael's finest knights fight only those they deem strong enough to face them. The others they leave unharmed - well, only slightly squashed.
Ego
144902215 wrote:
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
57461258 wrote:
Contest Winners
6 submissions in, 4 to go and about a day or so left of Turn 1.

I think Turn 2 will be slightly extended, so everyone has a chance to celebrate Materialism well and good. 

In.

Break Formation
Instant (U)
Target creature loses exalted until end of turn and attacks this turn if able.
"Hold the line. This is an Akrasan soldier's first duty. We cannot suffer any of you to fail in this simple task. Those who are unable to follow this order, lay down your weapons now and return home. There is no place for you on the front in this time of crisis." -Rafiq, champion of Bant, to his troops.

+

applied fore a job at wizards 7-14-2014

hasbro didn't respond

Lestat the Musical: I want more
Stab in the Back
Instant
Cast Stab in the Back only after attackers have been declared. Target creature that is not attacking gains deathtouch, then it fights target attacking creature.

"The cheers turned from glorious and inspiring to dark and insipid for only a moment. That was all it took."

+1
56544366 wrote:
If a card works well in Standard, does fun but not totally broken things in Modern, and gets stupid in Legacy, I call that designing for everyone's enjoyment.
Honorable Knight
Creature - Human Knight
Exalted, first strike
~ can't attack unless defending player controls an untapped creature.
4/4

+1
OKAY FINE I'll do it

honorable

dishonorable

honorable

dishonorable

stabbing!

stabbing is not honorable.

what?

prove it

stabbing.

yep.

BUT THEN PABLO

damn it Pablo

fine I'll do something else.

maybe we should do honorable.

what is honorable?

how do we define it?

is it honorable to let a monster live so as not to get blood on your own hands?

is it honorable to adhere to any strict moral code when it lets those who need your aid suffer?

WOAH

THIS IS DEEP

RAZORBORNE IS A PHILOSOPHER

GUYS ASK ME QUESTIONS ABOUT PHILOSOPHY I'M WICKED WISE AND ****

man we're getting way off track

what is the point here?

honor.

what does it mean?

what does it mean?

what's this?

there's children throwing snowballs

instead of throwing heads

they're busy building toys and absolutely no one's dead

there's frost in every window

oh I can't believe my eyes

and in my bones I feel the warmth that's com

ing

from

in

siiiiiiiide

what's this?

wait

that's not helpful

maybe I should sblock this whole thing

I'm sure it will take up a lot of space

I doubt ST wants to scroll past all this

ST please don't hold your scrolling against me

I meant it as a compliment

BUT ANYWAY

HONOR

wow I'm getting sidetracked tonight

this is worse than usual

it's a flavor criteria

that's what it is

I don't do well on those

is this whole contest flavor criterias?

fine let's play ball

stab in the front

wait

no

damn it

more words until something pops out

infinite monkeys and such

Beneficent Champion-
Creature-Human Knight
First Strike
If a creature dealt damage by Beneficent Champion this turn would die, regenerate it instead. It can't untap as long as Beneficient Champion is on the battlefield.
"To bring a foe to his knees is the act of a warrior. To bring a foe to his grave is the act of a coward."
4/4

my best power comparisons are Odric, Master Tactician, who is a limited bomb but also has that second ability, and Rhox Pikemaster, who was decent in limited despite that second ability. I think a 4/4 with that drawback is okay. I don't believe this'll make much of a constructed splash.