Interview with Ed Greenwood! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G3uMX4ZxpU

57 posts / 0 new
Last post
Interview with Ed Greenwood! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G3uMX4ZxpU
Who is this Ed Greenwood person and why should I care?
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Didnt you use to post in the Reamls forums? And now youre going to pretend like you dont know who he is? for shame!!
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there

Guy responsible for Forgotten Realms, one of the best Dragon writers, great author, and all around great guy.

couldnt of said it better myself.

I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
Interview with Ed Greenwood! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G3uMX4ZxpU

Ignore those other wads, theyre just jelous. Seriously thanks for sharing this, although it probably woulda fit better in the Realms section.

Guy responsible for Forgotten Realms, one of the best Dragon writers, great author, and all around great guy.

You could have added a subject to the sentence.

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Ok, so now I know who he is, but I still don't kno why should I care either.
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png

You could have added a subject to the sentence.

I didnt even look at the keyboard, what more do you want from me!?

I thought you was a Drizzt fanboy?

What? What made you think that?
Only D&D novels I've read was a Kidd one and ToEE novelization, both incredibly horrid.
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
Didnt you use to post in the Reamls forums? And now youre going to pretend like you dont know who he is? for shame!!

I think I may have posted in the Realms section about twice.  As I have over 30k posts, well, I would hardly consider that evidence that I used to post there.

So yeah, why should we care about some interview with some dood who apparently wrote stuff for some game we're only vaguely familiar with?

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Ewww.

Section Six Soldier

What? What made you think that?
Only D&D novels I've read was a Kidd one and ToEE novelization, both incredibly horrid.

I seem to recall you being all giddy when the Drizzt novels were translated into Polish, and you lamented the fact that you was confused as to which one to read first, that sounds like a fanboy to me!

I think I may have posted in the Realms section about twice.  As I have over 30k posts, well, I would hardly consider that evidence that I used to post there.

So yeah, why should we care about some interview with some dood who apparently wrote stuff for some game we're only vaguely familiar with?

I seem to recall you nerdraging about the changes to the 4e Realms, It is possible, although unlikely, that i have you confused with someone else. I guess I could dig through the archives and dig up your old Realms posts, but im tired, and I need to be gettin to work, so youre off the hook, this time!!
Is Silversword really confusing ZB and Plu? Really?
Customer Disservice of the House of Trolls Resident Secretly Ron Paul God of Spite and Sloth
It is possible, they do have similar avatars.

No, not really.
Customer Disservice of the House of Trolls Resident Secretly Ron Paul God of Spite and Sloth
I seem to recall you nerdraging about the changes to the 4e Realms, It is possible, although unlikely, that i have you confused with someone else. I guess I could dig through the archives and dig up your old Realms posts, but im tired, and I need to be gettin to work, so youre off the hook, this time!!

You do understand that even if I posted over 1000 times in the FR section that it still wouldn't mean I 'posted' there.  30k posts, holmes.  Anything under 5 is like it didn't even happen.   

Section Six Soldier

I seem to recall you being all giddy when the Drizzt novels were translated into Polish, and you lamented the fact that you was confused as to which one to read first, that sounds like a fanboy to me!

A fanboy wouldn't be confused, would he?
And no, I ended up not picking them. I think someone might have discouraged me.

No, not really.

Well not back then they werent, but they are now, back then IIRC ZB was using Elminster, and im almost positive that ADHadh used Drizzt at least once!

Well not back then they werent, but they are now, back then IIRC ZB was using Elminster, and im almost positive that ADHadh used Drizzt at least once!

You'd be wrong about the latter
For real? I figured everybodies been Drizzt at least once, just me!?

For real? I figured everybodies been Drizzt at least once, just me!?

I certainly didn't; I think these days Drizzt has been replaced by Jace anyway

dood, I never used an Elminster avvy.  Back before the White Doom I didn't like any of the avvys and so I didn't use one.  Once the WD came about and allowed us customs I used the one most people seem to pick (I think it's Jace) until someone posted that OTTer drinkin' a beer pic.  I used that until ADHadh sent me that awesome OTTer saint pic.  Then I used a few different ones including the banned member image (heh), the same with a red x on its forehead, the one I have now, the zombie one, Mike Mearls and some others I can't recall.  Never Elminster, yo.

Section Six Soldier

But you do know who Elminster is! That proves that youre a Forgotten Realms fanboy!
You're reading too deep, yo.  Me acknowledging a name that you used and also knowing which avatars I've used doesn't mean I know who the name you used is.  It's simply a matter of knowing what I used and that none of those was anything called an Elminster - whatever that may be.  I mean, you could say I used a pic of Mt Kolob as an avvy and I could do the same thing.  Do I have any idea what Mt Kolob looks like or is?  Nope.  But I don't need to to know I didn't use it as an avvy pic if I know what I have used as avvy pics.  Savvy?

Section Six Soldier

I meant to get to this sooner but I figured why bother? end of the world and all that, but we're still here! Stupid Mayans! 

Ok, Anyways,

ok, so I cant find it now, the fact that they merged all the Realms forums into one doent help, but I distinctly remember ZB posting in there bemoaning the Spellplauge and all the changes wrought to his favorite game setting. 
I meant to get to this sooner but I figured why bother? end of the world and all that, but we're still here! Stupid Mayans! 

Ok, Anyways,

ok, so I cant find it now, the fact that they merged all the Realms forums into one doent help, but I distinctly remember ZB posting in there bemoaning the Spellplauge and all the changes wrought to his favorite game setting. 

I found it for you.
I, ZB, am bemoaning the Spellplauge and all the changes wrought to my favorite game setting. 

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Hell yeah, thanks man, see I knew I wasnt crazy!
You? Crazy?
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Who's Ed Greenwood?
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
Who's Ed Greenwood?

Seriously? You too? Gah!

He just invented the best game setting ever thats all.  
Who's Ed Greenwood?

Seriously? You too? Gah!

He just invented the best game setting ever thats all.  

It use to be the best, but then Eberron brought something refreshing and Golarion crushed them all!

Do you really think that the new RSE, the Sundering, will make it awesome again? 

Actually I was refering to Planescape, but the Realms is still pretty kool, actually the fact that its always changing it one of the reasons why I like it, makes it seem more alive to me, knowhatimean?
Alot of Ed's notes on portals and the planes for the Realms was used for Planescape, he also wrote a few articles for Dragon on the 9 Hells that was incorpprated into Planescape, alot of Planescape came from Ed, he just didnt get paid/credit for it.

And some of the newer tomes, such as Neverwinter, Menzoberranzan, and Elminster's Forgotten Realms have brought more lore and fluff back into the Realms!
Well I thought they was good books, especially the Elminter's Realms one, all fluff, no crunch at all, I love it, but I understand that sort of thing isnt for everybody, some of you just have to have new feats or powers or whatever with your books. 

And I think theres only 4 books focusing on Drow, theres the Menzo boxed set, the 4e book, 2e's Drow of the Underdark and Drizzt's guide to the Underdark, which is a good one even if Drizzt is on it, had a lot of maps of Underdark cities! Oh and if we're counting Adventures, then theres War of the Spiderqueen or whatever, so theres only 5 books on Drow, unless you want to count novels too, then , well I dont know how many that would make it.

And im telling you Monte Cook Jeff Grubb got most of his ideas on Planescape from Ed, just ask him (Ed not Grubb).
And im telling you Monte Cook Jeff Grubb got most of his ideas on Planescape from Ed, just ask him (Ed not Grubb).

Actually, Ed got all of his Forgotten Realms stuff from me. Also, the stuff that he said Grubb got fom him, Ed actually got from me. Ask me; I'll tell you. 

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Now hold the phone here, Im not saying Ed has an ego and is always going on about how he came up with Planescape, I dont think hes ever said that, but if you read some of his earlier stuff on portals and planes alot of it sounds very Planescapeish, and this was a while before Planescape came out so I dont think Ed copied PS i think they copied him. When I said just ask Ed, I didnt mean to imply that Ed would tell you all about, just that Grubb wouldnt. And I meant that as more of a joke, Although Ive never actually met either one in real life, they both seem like very down to earth people, from what ive seen from interviews or what ever.

And really I think they should put out more books on the cooking habits of Dwarves. 

I know who Ed Greenwood is!
I was just...
well, I was just "joking"...
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine

Ed Greenwood? Wasn't he that guy that... Oh, nevermind.. That was Ed Gein.
( That whole thing about cooking dwarves got me confused...)

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

See, I knew you guys knew who Ed Greenwood was! You just sayin you didnt cause you knew that id go off, and for some reason you find that amusing.

And MJ Ed Greenwood hasnt eaten THAT many dwarves. 
You just sayin you didnt cause you knew that id go off, and for some reason you find that amusing.

Well, this is the OTT...

People set me off all the time purely for their personal enjoyment.
Of course, I am rather easy to set off...

Also, it's easier to be a dick on the internet because the person can't get their hands on you...