Introduce Yourself! Board Code and Off Topic Nonsense Reconstrionist Third Series

4781 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oh, gosh, I'm so far away from you guys. I'm totally intrigued by what you're talking about. I'm talking about Troll Blood - which means that Hussie has set his tone to slightly more serious by now, which is a thing that I am happy about, except now the going is much slower. So many IM conversations to get through. I miss the days of ----> Did it. Okay, now do that: -----> Cool. Do something else. . .

I've also started reading Homestuck because I'm a poser who wants to conform to the group. 

It's intriguing. 

Yes! Now we are in the same boat. It feels good to not be alone. Our position is unique, because we have no idea what they are talking about, and actually, I don't read everything they say because I fear spoilers - but we are not held back completely from understanding.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I'm just amused how I read Homestuck before I came here, but I quit once I got to the end of my archive binge because I hadn't made it a habit (which was... right as they decide to escapte the outer belt and floating in Paradox Space or something like that? Somewhere post-Human Troll Union but pre-New characters). Then I come and find people all excited about it, and I kind of know what they are talking about, but only up to a point (and I have no involvement in the community). Now there are all these people behind me, and I find myself in the familiar position of not being an insider, but still being able to chuckle knowingly at the outsiders.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Oh nononono
I would never speak of Homestuck spoilers

Except inside spoiler text boxes.
Like this big ass major spoiler right here
Show

Why would you click that
Show
you clicked this one too, didn't you?
Show
You just can't get enough of this can you?
Show
Clicking on these has developed into a habit BORDERING ON FETISHISTIC, and with each you click, you add to an insurmountable stockpile of TEXT WINDOWS.
Show
You have to stop. But addiction is a powerful thing.
Show
I WARNED YOU ABOUT THE SPOILERS. I TOLD YOU DOG.
Show
Don't highlite this text.
Gamzee isn't a funny clown, he's a sociopath kept in check by being stoned off his ass.
He's the reason John is afraid of clowns, his hatred of humans spurned him to taunt John in his sleep with creepy clown nightmares. He has the power to do that.
Vriska is the reason everyone kept falling asleep at inopportune times.
Karkat's blood is read.
Lil Cal is the antichrist. For real real.
John and Jade are siblings and their own clones. Likewise Dave and Rose. Likewise their parents. Likewise the trolls and their parents.
Betty Crocker is a different antichrist, and is actually a super sexy demon fish woman from outerspace.
Calliope isn't a troll, she's a cherub. She is the sibling and alternate personality of the series' ultimate villain.
Aradia is a ghost.
When Feferi rejects Eridan's love, he eventually turns evil and kills a bunch of his friends.
Jack betrays the queen and steals her ring becoming a major villain and killing a ****ton of people.
The entire point of SBurb is that it is how the universe procreates. Literally; if you win a game of Sburb, you get to create a new universe.
The troll characters did exactly that, but they skipped the corners. They gave our universe cancer. Our universe was doomed to fail from the very beginning. We never had a chance.      

Seriously, don't click on that.
I put spoilers in there like 6 clicks deep as a social experiment.
It's whited out and everything. 
I wanted to see how like Goblins magic players really are.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
I clicked through the boxes because I actually think HOmestuck improves somewhat with spoilers (It makes you more aware of the consequences and presence of the plot twists), as for the Spoilers (in order)

Knew
Knew
Knew
Knew
I think I forgot this, but new
Knew
Vaguely remember something to that effect
New
Knew
I can't rmember most of the not starring trolls names anymore, so meh
Knew (The actions taken to overcome this or not lead to some pretty awesome stories)
Knew
Knew

Why couldn't you spoil things from later in the comic , these facts are barely rancid.  
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
I clicked through the boxes because I actually think HOmestuck improves somewhat with spoilers (It makes you more aware of the consequences and presence of the plot twists), as for the Spoilers (in order)

Knew
Knew
Knew
Knew
I think I forgot this, but new
Knew
Vaguely remember something to that effect
New
Knew
I can't rmember most of the not starring trolls names anymore, so meh
Knew (The actions taken to overcome this or not lead to some pretty awesome stories)
Knew
Knew

Why couldn't you spoil things from later in the comic , these facts are barely rancid.  

He did actually spoil something from later in the comic, it's at the very beginning. Also very fitting, I had a good laugh.

Some of the writing in the spoilerboxes read like Hussie's but eh.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
You're some kind of crazy person, aren't you :I

Fine Jeez
[spoiler]Don't click this
Show
Nope
Show
Why you not listen to what I say?
Show
Stahp
Show
Damn it Dr. Demento, I told you to stop D:<
Show
Lil Cal is a juju. A temporal anomaly that always exists and always will exist. Attempts to recreate a juju instead basically make that the new juju. Its like a legend rule, but one will always exist.
 Vriska loved Tavros all along. She heard how her ancestor fell in love with his ancestor and hoped to recreate the experience. That's what all the bullying was all about. When he failed to live up to her expectations, she kills him.
Each reality has a Jack. They are always prone to betraying the queen. I mean can you blame him, she's a HUGE BITCH BLUH BLUH
Becquerel and Doc Scratch are first guardians. Deity like beings that are meant to ensure the stability of the reality they exist in.
Becquerel prototypes himself to save Jane from dying, in doing so, he makes Jack an all-powerful killing machine.
Jade laters prototypes her dead body with Becquerel. When she later dies, they fuse making Jade a God. 
Jon hates Con Air.
 Roxy and Dirk live in the future. They are the last two living humans, the rest of the species has been driven extinct.
 The reason Gamzee went crazy is because Dave showed him an Insane Clown Posse music video.
The universe is a giant frog.
 Normally when a character in Homestuck dies, they go to the afterlife. A weird aetherial place that you can visit in your dreams. All alternate timelines share the same afterlife, so you can meet all of your alternate selves that died doing stupid **** you decided not to do. Except for Gamzee. No matter which timeline. He. Never. Dies.

I like how without context most of those spoilers are completely nonsensical.
Hmmm. I didn't know about half of those, and they intrigue me.
Spoily sentence in such vague terms I doubt it counts
The B/J glowy green monster thingy was particularly memorable though, becaus it led to the Blind Troll and 8s having that whole awesome scene. 
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Who is 8s? :I
Who is 8s? :I

Troll with obsession with 8s?
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
I don't remember a scene between those two :I

Edit: D'oh I was thinking of
Show
Sollux. I can't believe I forgot about Terezi D: I love Terezi!!! <3

Yeah, those were good times.
I don't remember a scene between those two :I

Edit: D'oh I was thinking of [spoiler]Sollux. I can't believe I forgot about Terezi D: I love Terezi!!! <3 spoiler="" br="">Yeah, those were good times.

Oh yeah, two blind trolls.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
I loooooove Terezi. That one scene with her at the weird ass dream tree is so heartwarming it might give you cancer.

Oh yeah, two blind trolls.

Sounds like a nursery rhyme.
You taste like cherry.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
You taste like cherry.

CG: WHO TOLD YOU
I h8 not 8eing a8le to click on Spoilers. I also h8 you both. Why do you do th8s t8 m888888?

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
This thread is making me want to redefine my entire online persona as a homestuck troll for entertainment's sake :I
It doesn't hurt that I already had a weird fondness for Magic's trolls bordering on the fetishistic loooong before I knew about Homestuck. 
ii diid iit for a liittle whiile iin ymtc. 2ome iindiiviidual2 thought my keyboard wa2 broken. how 2iilly! but, yeah - ii am fiindiing the troll 2tory a lot more iintere2tiing. not that part2 1 through 3 weren't, but part 4 ii2n't really that humorou2.

haiirle22, you should type like this now!

139359831 wrote:

Ok, not to interrupt the Homestuck talk (haha oh god this is turning into the Homestuck thread), but I need help. I'm trying to find a film from my childhood. What I remember of it involved:

• A British setting, with the loosely defined main characters being British schoolboys

• Evil magicians

• A spirit of some sort (fairy?) that served one of the magicians. He was covered in green fungus and looked froglike... right up until the moment when he was accidentally freed, at which point the moss disappeared. Oh, and he was fairly small, maybe palm-sized. He was cut in using overlaid film rather than green screen technology, which should give an idea of when it was made.

• A repeated metaphor/hint at an eternal struggle between humans and "wolves." I think the magicians could shapeshift, as well, but it was definitely something understood as a metaphor as well--the forces of Light driving back circling Darkness and the wolves.

• Pretty sure it took place sometime around Christmas

• It all had a rather Dark is Rising feel to it

Anyone have any idea what this might be?

I'm trying to remember other details and drawing a blank. I'm not sure I ever really understood the plot as a kid, but I was so captivated by the images and ideas that it never mattered. I don't know. Any ideas?

Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
ii diid iit for a liittle whiile iin ymtc. 2ome iindiiviidual2 thought my keyboard wa2 broken. how 2iilly! but, yeah - ii am fiindiing the troll 2tory a lot more iintere2tiing. not that part2 1 through 3 weren't, but part 4 ii2n't really that humorou2.

haiirle22, you should type like this now!

I have several concerns.
1. I don't want to date myself. It's going to be weird when I'm still doing it five years after homestuck has ended.
2. I feel like I've built out a niche for myself, kinda, sorta. Resetting is going to be weird at best, horribly offputting at worst.
3. I forget what three is
4. Oh wait, I guess it would be settling on a gimic.
5. A lot of people wouldn't get it. 
So... This was apparently a thing.
I am full of wat.

news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/white-house-...
Best thing about that was the response.
Gotta love the internets determination to waste other people's time, no matter who they are or what better things they may have to do with their time.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
KEEEEEEPER
HOMESTUCK
ITS
AND THE
WITH THE THINGS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA    
Huh? What's Thoctar on about? There hasn't been a new upda--

Oh.

There's a new update.

It's got an [s].

So, anyone have any leads on my movie problem that can now serve as a useful distraction from WHATEVER THE #&%$ THAT JUST WAS?! 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Come on, this update isn't even a big deal. Everyone just needs to calm down.

Show

JAKE, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY?????

@Keeper: I have no idea, but I'm sure your childhood was both long and storied if those are the kinds of movies you watched. I grew up on Disney.

Yea, suppose that explains a lot. 
Keeper, I don't know, but I will ask my filmophile co-worker tomorrow for you.

Thoctar, Yeah - I totally understand. One thing I've considered is making a MUP for it. It is actually pretty fun to MUP around. I have, um, eight I think. Which is probably a sign of mental instability. I might have to make one. I'm about 300 pages into Act IV so I haven't even met all the Trolls yet. Favourite Female So Far: Nepeta. I mean, obviously, right? But she doesn't have the funnest typing style. I like Gamzee, bUt It WoUlD bE aNnOyInG tO hAvE tO dO tHiS aLl ThE tImE. Karkat's Blood thing intrigues me. Sollux's story seems pretty tragic. And I like his type-y ways. Equius is probably the most enjoyable of them. It would be e%tremely fun too insult other users based on the colour of their b100d. For me. I don't know. Once I get to where you guys are, maybe I will make one. But, I see your points.

139359831 wrote:
@Keeper: Try the tipofmytongue subreddit. They're really, really good at this sort of thing.

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

@Keeper: Try the tipofmytongue subreddit. They're really, really good at this sort of thing.

Thanks for the tip. My sister burst into my room at 2 in the morning last night to tell me that she's been literally trying to think of the title of this movie for years now, so if we can figure it out it'll benefit more than just me, I guess. :P

@Ruwin:

I watched Disney movies, too... they were just, like, weird Disney movies. Ever heard of The Watcher In The Woods? MMmhmm.
pablo: The hell is a MUP?
Damn, I haven`t heard anyone mention Watcher in the Woods for probably ten years now. My sisters kept that, Ice Pirates, and Time Thieves on repeat. (At least I think it was called Time Thieves. A bunch of dwarves steal God`s blueprints to the Universe and use it to wander through holes in time, stealing things from different eras. At somepoint they kidnap a little boy and fight Satan. Then the movie ends by turning the Little Boys parents into pieces of coal...)
A bunch of dwarves steal God`s blueprints to the Universe and use it to wander through holes in time, stealing things from different eras. At somepoint they kidnap a little boy and fight Satan. Then the movie ends by turning the Little Boys parents into pieces of coal...)

pablo: The hell is a MUP?

MUP = Multiple User Personality.

You create another account for the forums and use it. That is about the long and the short of it. 
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
A bunch of dwarves steal God`s blueprints to the Universe and use it to wander through holes in time, stealing things from different eras. At somepoint they kidnap a little boy and fight Satan. Then the movie ends by turning the Little Boys parents into pieces of coal...)

"Time Bandits," actually.

It was made by a few former Pythons, actually. And yeah, it's totally brilliant in all the weirdest ways. I  thought of that one while on my search last night, too.

The Polar Bear King is also fascinating, and kind of in the same category of old, overlooked fantasy movies. And while we're talking about movies no one else has ever heard of... anyone ever watch One Of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing?

MUP is like Kevin but competent instead of the internet-age version of Taxi Driver.
Here's some Barlowe's Inferno cardes:

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_daily_mc52_picMain_en.jpg)IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/73821e61e013eadf56a8e4e2226d89a3.jpg?v=90000)
So... This was apparently a thing.
I am full of wat.

news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/white-house-...

It would make Obama very Reaganesque. Didn't Reagan have something about Star Wars? I'm pretty sure he did.

(Of course, the Soviet Union was collapsing under its own weight.)

So, they're officially using viruses to deliver drugs to treat cancer now. Interesting. (Retroviruses have always intrigued me as a possible treatment for hereditary disorders.)
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I found it! :D:D:D Yxoque has the best suggestions, always.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Box_of_Delight...

Turns out my sister and I must have seen an edited version that was released on VHS, but it actually started out as a TV series. That might explain why I had trouble following the plot... Anyway, it looks like they have all the episodes on Youtube :D I'll be watching this while finishing up my portfolio pieces. 
Didn't know where else to put this.

Finally got to listen to Mark Rosewater's Drive to Work podcast (if you're at all interested in Magic design theory, you could do worse).

On episode three, he carpooled with Matt Cattova, who you may or may not know is the person in R&D responsible for suggesting the Planeswalker card type during Time Spiral design.

Originally, to match their flavor of being able to go anywhere, all Planeswalker cards were going to be legal in all constructed formats by virtue of being Planeswalkers.

The Lorwyn 5 would be legal in Ravnica block constructed, for example. 
Woah.
Woah.

I know kung fu.
Sign In to post comments