Introduce Yourself! Board Code and Off Topic Nonsense Reconstrionist Third Series

4781 posts / 0 new
Last post
...I need to go get some Neo gifs to add to my collection.

Incidentally, RE: the recent bizarreness that is Homestuck, and my explanation of what I thought was going on, Hussie changed the joke because of people being tools to other people.

Of particular interest from my perspective:

Fans have always drawn them as particularly cherubic white kids, and so that’s how they look in the comic. But this creates a really strange disparity between their skintone and the usual blank #ffffff depiction of human characters. This alone makes them a pretty bizarre addition to the story and contributes toward pushing this arc into sort of a narrative uncanny valley. I was inclined to address this flagrant coloration disparity by making a totally ridiculous, way over the top joke about it.

So all that stuff I said about it being deliberately weird and taking away the open-endedness of the comic in a way that was deliberately jarring?

Yup. Called it. CRITICAL THEORY! ACCEPT NO &@#%ING SUBSTITUTES! [punches the Homestuck subreddit in the face. All of it.]
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
I just imagine the Banned and Restricted lists on the Wizards site *dreeeeeam bubble*

Standard
-Jace, the Mind Sculptor

Modern
-Jace, the Mind Sculptor

Ice Age block constructed
-Jace, the Mind Sculptor

Mirage block constructed
-Jace, the Mind Sculptor

Tempest block constructed
-Jace, the Mind Sculptor

Urza's Saga block con- you get the point
Incidentally, RE: the recent bizarreness that is Homestuck, and my explanation of what I thought was going on, Hussie changed the joke because of people being tools to other people.

That's disappointing.
Here's some Barlowe's Inferno cardes:

Here is another one:

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_daily_mc52_picMain_en.jpg)IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/73821e61e013eadf56a8e4e2226d89a3.jpg?v=90000)
Time Bandits Rules!

Shamsiel, some of your cards don't work. Or at least one of them. I didn't read them all.

Keeper, I'm glad you found your thing. I couldn't find it for you.

Thoctar, they already told you what MUP's are, but perhaps they forgot to mention that they are incredibly amazing and cool2?

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
*shrug*
Maybe I'll make one to harass people with on sally. 
Keeper, I'm glad you found your thing. I couldn't find it for you.

.... no, this one's too easy.
The "no Mirrodin" thing makes me... itchy, because it means if we're getting any closure to New Phyrexia it will probably be off plane.
Which means that SOMEONE SCREWED UP.

I can live without another Return to Ravnica on the cards.
Keep in mind, he said 'planned'.
Things don't always go according to plan.

I know at least one of the blocks from his last plan was unscripted, can't remember which one off the top of my head though.
I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm glad we won't be returning to the "Swords of Mirrodin" anytime soon. Good lord I can just see them printing an allied cycle. >.<

Which, admittedly, would be cool for EDH but I don't want to sit out of Standard for another year.

Also, it's a good thing Homestuck is staying close to the tried and tested method. Nothing strange or abnormal going on with these new updates. It's a good thing too, I feel comfortable in the current status quo.

Show

NO, STAY AWAY FROM ROXY, YOU HARLOTS! NOT HER TOO!!!

Troll Romance Homestuck in general sure is weird.

Incedentally, I'm now a published author!
Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!

After hearing me go off on someone about some story related junk (I think it was telling them where all the simic merfolk came from) a friend of mine at my LGS wondered if I'd be interested in doing some "Get to know a Planeswalker" articles for his website, because everyone else that wrote for him was mostly tournament reports and draft strategies and what not.

First up:
Gideon  
Congratulations, Thoctar! :D Woah, and we know your real name now. Cool.

What year are we in the seven year plan?

Someone should ask him if they plan to resolve the whole Eldrazi thing anytime soon ever. >_>  
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.

Someone should ask him if they plan to resolve the whole Eldrazi thing anytime soon ever. >_>  

Come on, did you not listen to the podcast, it was all there. His LGS is between two bars!

Nope, not creepy at all. 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!

I now know what true feer tastes like.
It's kind of icky  

The Second.

Come on, did you not listen to the podcast, it was all there. His LGS is between two bars!
Nope, not creepy at all.

One of them is also a Cuban restaurant, the other an Irish pub.
Join us won't you! 
Georgia is a ways from Texas, perhaps if I'm in the area though.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
I really need to find a better place to get my spoiler season fix than FSS. It makes me so sad/angry every time I go there and every other card has a list of comments longer than my arm saying "lolbad". Maybe I should just not read the comments or man up or something.

Sigh.

Anyways, grats Thoctar, that's really cool. Always nice to see someone get recognition for their work. :D 
Maybe I should just not read the comments

That's worked for me so far.

Anyways, grats Thoctar, that's really cool. Always nice to see someone get recognition for their work. :D 

I'm freaking out when I get to characters who have been in books I haven't read yet. ):
Well, just wing it! Make stuff up. What's the worse that can happen? It's not like you're going to call down the eternal wrath of some sort of eldritch deity, right?

Right? 
Well, just wing it! Make stuff up. What's the worse that can happen? It's not like you're going to call down the eternal wrath of some sort of eldritch deity, right?

Right? 

My ears are burning.
... well, technically they're always burning, but you get the drift.
I'm scared...
I'm scared...

Beseech me when the time comes. If your sacrifices appease me, I will assist to spare you the fury that is my grim duty.
I'm scared...

Beseech me when the time comes. If your sacrifices appease me, I will assist to spare you the fury that is my grim duty.

Oh, really now, it's not like he's actually-

Ruwinreborn's computer has exploded. 

Hey now. I'm getting Agents and Secretist today.

...I'm debating getting Quest.
On one hand, I want to be fully-informed about the current trends of the story.
On the other, I've been assured by virtually everyone that the book is a puddle of goat spunk.
BEAST ENGINE IS THIS YOU

Sounds about right.

Hey now. I'm getting Agents and Secretist today.

...I'm debating getting Quest.
On one hand, I want to be fully-informed about the current trends of the story.
On the other, I've been assured by virtually everyone that the book is a puddle of goat spunk.
BEAST ENGINE IS THIS YOU

Sounds about right.

Most Magic books have a few fans among non-Storyline folks.

I've never seen a casual reader that didn't hate Quest.

So... yeah, I guess make your evaluation based on that. I'm not going to bother picking it up, personally.

Uuuugh I can't wait till this application crap is done. I'll finally be able to read Secretist. 
I've been told this by friends who don't loathe the story though, and that concerns me a bit.
I've been told this by friends who don't loathe the story though, and that concerns me a bit.

Quest was one of the worst things I have read in my entire life. I've reread every magic book a number of times and I will never touch it again.

"The fuel on which science runs is ignorance. Science is like a hungry furnace that must be fed logs from the forests of ignorance that surround us. In the process, the clearing we call knowledge expands, but the more it expands, the longer its perimeter and the more ignorance comes into view." -Matt Ridley, Genome

Uuuugh I can't wait till this application crap is done. I'll finally be able to read Secretist. 

And Legacies.
And Meeting.

Sounds like you might need better friends.
*sigh*

I too have joined the crowd and begun reading Homestuck.  Hopes of remaining sane fading.

Show

hOnk

HonK

hoNk

honK

HOnK

hONk

honk

Honk

hOnK

honK

HOnK

hOnk

Honk

honk

HoNK

hoNk

honk

HOnk

honk

HOnk

hOnK

HoNK

honk

hONK

honk

hOnk

HONk

HONk

Honk

HONK

hOnk

hoNk

HONK

HoNK

hoNk

hoNk

hoNK

hOnK

hONk

honK

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

So... this came up with my friend Ben but... I want a MLP version of Les Miserables.
Glasir: How did you do that :o

So... this came up with my friend Ben but... I want a MLP version of Les Miserables.

Immediate reaction; Ben is a weird name for a cosmic tentacle beast.
Glasir: How did you do that :o

Immediate reaction; Ben is a weird name for a cosmic tentacle beast.

Actually, it is mathematically eldritch enough to qualify.
IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_daily_mc52_picMain_en.jpg)IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/73821e61e013eadf56a8e4e2226d89a3.jpg?v=90000)

Care to elaborate?
*sigh*

I too have joined the crowd and begun reading Homestuck.  Hopes of remaining sane fading.

Show

hOnk

HonK

hoNk

honK

HOnK

hONk

honk

Honk

hOnK

honK

HOnK

hOnk

Honk

honk

HoNK

hoNk

honk

HOnk

honk

HOnk

hOnK

HoNK

honk

hONK

honk

hOnk

HONk

HONk

Honk

HONK

hOnk

hoNk

HONK

HoNK

hoNk

hoNk

hoNK

hOnK

hONk

honK

Oh cool Glasir is reading Homestuck I wonder what's in this spoiTHE HELL IS THAT?!

God I love how weird and free form the Internet is.

@Barinellos:

Applejack as Javert. It's gotta be a thing. 
Trixie as Madame Thernadier? 
>Homestuck: Take over thread again.

I will never look at Marco Polo the same way again.
Scootaloo or Applebloom as Gavroche.
Do you hear the ponies sing.....

"The fuel on which science runs is ignorance. Science is like a hungry furnace that must be fed logs from the forests of ignorance that surround us. In the process, the clearing we call knowledge expands, but the more it expands, the longer its perimeter and the more ignorance comes into view." -Matt Ridley, Genome

I'm so uncultured. ):

Despite what you've all said about the movie's flaws, I kind of want to see it so I know what the NOPE you're all talking about. 
I'm so uncultured. ):

Despite what you've all said about the movie's flaws, I kind of want to see it so I know what the NOPE you're all talking about. 

Les Mis? Wait for it to be on Broadway again.

Sign In to post comments