Quiet & Loud

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is a design for a split card.

edit: Seems it must be a flip card. Unlike most flip cards it can be cast on either side.

edit: updated

Quiet
Artifact
At the beginning of each players upkeep, that player draws two cards.
Your mana costs are increased by .

Loud
Artifact
Cards have a Miracle cost of less than there mana cost.
When you cast a card for its Miracle cost, you may not play any more cards this turn.
I'm pretty sure split cards can't be permanents for rules reasons.  This could totally make it as a flip or transform card though.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Thanks, updated accordingly.
Bump
Your first card has exciting anti-synergy, but game-warping abilities like this really don't belong on one-mana cards.. Your second card doesn't work, because your turn has ended before your "miracle" has resolved..
Fixed.

I hope the new wording for Loud works, and it's not too loud, as many players play only one card per turn anyway for most of the game.
By the way, it's no problem if some cards have a second miracle cost in addition to their regular miracle costs, it's the same thing with Sedris, The Traitor King.. It's unfortunate that you're forced to play cards with or or in their mana costs to 100% profit from the cost reduction..
It could be 1 mana of any color instead.
That would allow you to play off-colored cards in your decks that you couldn't play otherwise, are you sure that it's your intention?
It wasn't, well spotted. I'll leave it worded as is.