Two characters from vauge stats

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
What kind of characters could be made from these kind of stats? Any race and/or class. Any edition D&D. Species and classes not used in D&D are also good suggestions.

High         Int
High         Dex
Average   Con
Average   Wis
Low         Cha
Average   Str

--------------------

Average   Int
Average   Dex
High         Con
High         Wis
Average   Cha
High         Str
This doesn't belong here. Try Homebrew since you mentioned things not from D&D (on a D&D forum, no less) CharOp is specifically used for D&D races/classes, and the optimization of such. If not Homebrew, at least try CharDev. You'll find no love here.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
For an example of what would be appropriate you could ask what optimal dnd4e characters fit those general stats.
I meant that I while I would prefer any suggestions to be actual D&D matieral, I wouldn't mind too much if they were from something else. Guess I wasn't clear enough. Thanks for the help though.
For an example of what would be appropriate you could ask what optimal dnd4e characters fit those general stats.

Agreed, though it'd be ideal if you (OP) looked into the various handbooks/character builder, and tried your hand at creating a build using said stats, as it would improve your understanding of the different race/class combos, and how things work.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Any edition D&D. Species and classes not used in D&D are also good suggestions.

This doesn't belong in the 4th Ed CharOp.  At all.
4e (generally) cares only about the two high stats.

INT/DEX is a bit dangerous, since they boost the same NAD (reflex), which will leave the more important NADs (will, fortitude) lower than you want them, but is otherwise a perfectly valid Wizard build. Of course, wizards can build INT/Anything without much of a problem. Psions and Artificers don't care about dex for anything other than DIS, but you might be able to make one that wasn't awful this way. None of the DEX classes care about INT. 

CON/WIS lends itself most to a battlemind, cleric (warpriest or fake warpriest), invoker (wrath), or perhaps a druid.  
The only native INT/DEX builds IIRC are the Bladesinger and the Cunning Sneak rogue.  As for STR/WIS/CON, for one thing you can't have 3 high stats unless you rolled them, and even then you can't keep all three up as you level.  But Fighter, Cleric, Warden, Runepriest, Druid, Invoker, Shaman, and many others work.
The only native INT/DEX builds IIRC are the Bladesinger and the Cunning Sneak rogue.  As for STR/WIS/CON, for one thing you can't have 3 high stats unless you rolled them, and even then you can't keep all three up as you level.  But Fighter, Cleric, Warden, Runepriest, Druid, Invoker, Shaman, and many others work.

Wand Arcanist would arguably be an Int/Dex build, wouldn't it?

A very bad one.
A Beginners Primer to CharOp. Archmage's Ascension - The Wizard's Handbook. Let the Hammer Fall: Dwarf Warpriest/Tactical Warpriest/Indomitable Champion, a Defending Leader. Requiem for Dissent: Cleric/Fighter/Paragon of Victory Melee Leader Ko te manu e kai i te miro, nona te ngahere. Ko te manu e kai i te matauranga e, nano te ao katoa. It's the proliferation of people who think the rules are more important than what the rules are meant to accomplish. - Dedekine
A very bad one.

Fair enough.  Honestly haven't cared enough about playing a wizard of any flavor to look into what's optimal, suboptimal, or anathema.

Well yeah, but you should know that any same NAD stat build is nearly always destined for failure.
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
Well yeah, but you should know that any same NAD stat build is nearly always destined for failure.

That include bow clerics and chaladins?

Yes.

Wis/Cha Clerics are typically a mess, and Wis/Con is far better, and Chaladins usually prefer to keep Wis at a moderate level, and have higher Con.
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
Wis/con clerics are typically better and are my preferred build if you are going to do a cleric that makes wisdom its main attack stat.   Wis/con with a little investment in charisma works fine and gives you a wide range of good powers to pick from and boosts your surges and fortitude.

You can even make wis/int or wis/dex work out better than wis/cha since that opens up some other multiclass and feat options if you don't take powers that need a good con rider to be effective. 

I would only make charisma a true secondary stat on a cleric if you are going strength primary, but even then you can go str/int or str/dex if you really want to.  Some wis/cha cleric hybrids work out ok, but those are tricky to pull off.
Two characters from vaUGe stats
Google:  " ... vauge ... "

Heck, the goog's result might not be SFW.
I'm guessing a rogue/rouge intentional biff.

Here comes your 19th forums breakdown ... ohh who's to blame, it ain't 5E driving you insane.