(Steam) Syphor's 2HG Online League - Official thread for scheduling, resulting and else

47 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hi everyone, hello my highly-valued league members.

After a meeting with 4n0th1n9, where the main topic was the occuring (communication) problems regarding our league, we decided to make some changes.

Here it is, summarized to 3 easy articles. Enjoy.

1) READ THE DAMN RULEBOOK!!! At least the valuation of matches and which team is responsible for what, should become ingrained to everyone!!!

2) All email addresses will be banned from this book. Scheduling, Resulting, reporting, investigation will be discussed HERE from NOW on.

3) Please read this summary of league milestones, kindly written by 4n0th1n9:

Syphor's 2hg league on steam! 

This thread will be used to keep track of matches and schedule matches. All the participants please feel free to report your match outcomes here. More information: steamcommunity.com/groups/2hgol 

Rules: magic.keiler-land.de/rulebook/SyphorsLea...

Registered teams: magic.keiler-land.de/otherfiles/teamconf...

1) h3xagon & Collinwood2k - team: Simply 'cause we can.

2) napha2827 & Maho - team: thai fighters

3) dh50 & Lazy Lout - team: Twincast

4) ralph.seymour.jachson & Coite - team: Transatlantic Alliance

5) 4n0th1n9 & Drogo - team: Big Bada Boom

6) Kn1ghtmare & <<{bls}>>BloodBath - team: TBA

7) Bondzour & irmaio - team: Team corn flakes

8) steveska & Xeper - team: Skalocalypse

Replacement team: alphagia & soko - team: TBA

Games must be played as best 3 out of 5 if a tie occurs (2-2) then a "tie breaker rule" applies see here: www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=50bab208e4...

league's table, timetable, results and statistics: magic.keiler-land.de/lmo.php?todo=&file=... 

Thank you! I hope we will have more informations for everyone, which eases our lifes. 

OPENED: Investigation incident #1

Game:Transatlantic Alliance - thai fighters
Matchday:
Caused by:Incomplete teams
CLOSED: Investigation incident #1

Board's decisionExplanation or rule basisUsed exhibits
The game will be repeated.A team can demand a victory due to article 2.5.1.1. if they fulfilled the requirements described in article 4.1. A team can not be forced to make use of this option, as they are allowed to be accomodating to their opponent, which happened in this case.Witnesses of both teams.
OPENED: Investigation incident #2

Game:Skalocalypse - Kn1ghtmare + <<{BLS}>>BloodBath
Matchday:
Caused by:Game interruption before regular end
CLOSED: Investigation incident #2

The game is valued 4-2Both teams ended the game at the score of 3:2 in common accord. The game must not be repeated because the losing party accepted the victory of the others by ending the game. A repeating of the game would penalize the winning party. Nevertheless, the game can't end a 3-2 based on article 2.5.1, therefore the winning team is credited by 1 game.None.
Second matchday is now on!

The second matchday will last from December 18th (2012) until January 20th (2013)
This large timeframe is chosen with respect to Christmas, the winter holidays and year's end. It gives us a comfortable amount of time to finish every appointed match.

Have fun! 
Is it too late to enter this league now?
I think the tie breaker rule caught everyone a bit off guard, but we are prepared for it. 

I'm hearing conflicting information about whether or not my team and Knight and Blood need to continue playing our match, or whether or not it is officially called. Based on what I see in this thread, it looks like a win was recorded for Xeper and I, but I want to make sure.

Thanks. 
My partner is really pissed with our team name since I'm not Thai. Can we change it to Admiral Ackbar & the Thai Fighter?
Is it too late to enter this league now?

Hello Pandepic. It's never too late, since I can pick you up as a replacement player for this season, alternatively as a complete replacement team, if you have a fixed partner. Your chances to jump in early aren't so bad at this moment, since at least one player seems to be cast away for no reason. We have to wait for informations from his partner. Do you want to be set on the list? I need your steam login, your possible team name and to be able to catch you outside of this forum, an e-mail address. Thanks!

I think the tie breaker rule caught everyone a bit off guard, but we are prepared for it.

I lately discovered that in the Declaration of Rules the rule is not yet defined perfectly. This will be fixed within the next days. 

I'm hearing conflicting information about whether or not my team and Knight and Blood need to continue playing our match, or whether or not it is officially called. Based on what I see in this thread, it looks like a win was recorded for Xeper and I, but I want to make sure.

Please see the league website for the final score and your standings.
The decision is final, regardless of however the underlying rule is ambiguous right now.

My partner is really pissed with our team name since I'm not Thai. Can we change it to Admiral Ackbar & the Thai Fighter?

o0 Are you serious or do you want to troll around a bit? :D

I'd like to play in the league with my girlfriend if possible, my team name would be "The Squirtle Squad"

Steam names: ROOT|Pandepic, Misery
email: polyoutube@gmail.com 
Admiral Ackbar & the Thai Fighter

Ready when you are for match 2. Feel free to add Drogo or myself (4n0th1n9) on steam.
Team Twincast - I added both of you on steam. Xeper and I can play this week if that works for you two...just send me a note on steam or here.
I updated the declaration of rules. See the changelog to get an overview. Changes are few, but effective.
[...]just send me a note on steam[...]

Ladies and Gents,

i would like to pleasantly remind you that the board (me, at least for this season) wants to know scheduled dates BEFORE matches have been played. People who are concerned hopefully know what I am talking.

You can make your appointment whereever you want - please, just post it HERE afterwards.

Thank you.

Ready when you are for match 2. Feel free to add Drogo or myself (4n0th1n9) on steam.

How does 19:00 UTC 12/23 to 7:00 UTC 12/24 work for your team?

The game will be repeated.A team can demand a victory due to article 2.5.1.1. if they fulfilled the requirements described in article 4.1. A team can not be forced to make use of this option, as they are allowed to be accomodating to their opponent, which happened in this case.Witnesses of both teams.

Collin, when or how should we reschedule this match?
Napha I think Coite has already sent you an e-mail seeking to reschedule the match??

If not catch me on-line or sling me an e-mail and I will cajole him to get it moving!

Ralph

That should be ok for me.   I'll check with 4n0th1n9.  
Just so you know, I've edited the title of this thread so everyone can see it's for players on Steam/PC.

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Team Twincast - Xeper and I are able to play anytime this Saturday or Sunday - do either of those days work for you guys? (We are in the Pacific time zone, UTC -8).

Whenever you want, however you want. Find an agreement and finally post it here. I decided that way because Maho said he is fine with it - if you are of a different opinion, please let me know, for i took Maho's word speaking for the team. 

By the way, i will change your team name now since i didn't get another answer to the request regarding the seriousness of your new preferred team name.

Just so you know, I've edited the title of this thread so everyone can see it's for players on Steam/PC.

Thanks for that! Regarding this action, the word "cross-platform" comes to my mind. Does anyone know if steam/PC players play exclusively against other steam/PC players and same for XBOX? Do I have this right?
Artwork needed!

Does anyone of you have experience in graphics design or skills related to it?
I want to pimp the league a bit, at least with a logo or some basic CSS things so we maybe get some "recognition value"...
Team Twincast - Xeper and I are able to play anytime this Saturday or Sunday - do either of those days work for you guys? (We are in the Pacific time zone, UTC -8).

Either of those days works for me but timezones will be tricky because my partner is from Europe.  I'm EST.  I will try to talk to him and see what works.

This Saturday and Sunday I'm fine with any time. 12/22 & 12/23 but not the Monday.
Twincast vs. Skalocalypse scheduled for 22 December UTC 1700.

Whenever you want, however you want. Find an agreement and finally post it here. I decided that way because Maho said he is fine with it - if you are of a different opinion, please let me know, for i took Maho's word speaking for the team. 

By the way, i will change your team name now since i didn't get another answer to the request regarding the seriousness of your new preferred team name.

Collin, no I am fine with it as well.  Just didn't know if we could reschedule right away or had to wait until after the season end's or something.  Thank for you changing our team name because my partner was dead serious =P
I believe the tourny is closed - my partner and I are signing up as replacements.

Team "We drink your milkshake"
Natcon1 and HenWen - same steamids

This Saturday and Sunday I'm fine with any time. 12/22 & 12/23 but not the Monday.

AA & TF vs.  Big Bada Boom on 12/23/12 at 1900 UTC time
Ok for our second match with

Kn1ghtmare<<{BLS}>>BloodBath

How does a window on Sunday 23 rd of 13:00 onwards UTC sound    ?

Have also sent you steam friend request so we can message as dont have an e-mail in the Team Confirmation table or you can e-mail us at

ralph.seymour.jackson@blueyonder.co.uk
curtiscbear@gmail.com

Last call for Team Corn Flakes, as well as Kn1ghtmare and <<{bls}>>BloodBath to get back in contact with the league.

Ralph, can you please tell me now if you got it together?

I believe the tourny is closed - my partner and I are signing up as replacements.

Team "We drink your milkshake"
Natcon1 and HenWen - same steamids

Can you provide e-mail, too? Just to have another chance to catch you.

Same for alphagaia and soko. Please get in touch, I certainly have a message waiting for you! 
Grats team Twincast with a 3-1 win against Skalocalypse!
Whoever of the replacement teams is ready to get it started, please get in touch soon.

AA & TF vs. Big Bada Boom on 12/23/12 at 1900 UTC time

Team: Big Bada Boom wins 3 to 1 vs Admiral Ackbar & the Thai Fighter
The match was delayed but we got around to it eventually, again everyone sorry for the wait. Great games, but you and your time warps, evil just evil!

AA & TF vs. Big Bada Boom on 12/23/12 at 1900 UTC time

Team: Big Bada Boom wins 3 to 1 vs Admiral Ackbar & the Thai Fighter
The match was delayed but we got around to it eventually, again everyone sorry for the wait. Great games, but you and your time warps, evil just evil!

Yeah, delayed because of me.   Thanks to AA and TF for being gracious about my extreme tardiness.   All the games were good, close, hard fought games.   
Is everybody on holidays ??
Twincast calling Transatlantic Alliance. Want to set a date/time for our match?
Please, let's finish at least the outstanding matches of matchday 2 before we start on matchday 3!
Ok for tranatalntic Alliance's 2nd match with

Kn1ghtmare<<{bls}>>BloodBath

This has been agreed for 20:00 UTC Sunday 6th Jan 2013
ralph.seymour.jackson@blueyonder.co.uk
curtiscbear@gmail.com

Please post here and send steam messages + e-mails if anything crops up please!

Ralph

Replacement team Alphagaia reporting for duty!

Well, half of it, as I have not seen Soko for a while. Proobably hollidays stuff.

Sorry for my own abscence, hollidays and personal stuff prohibited me from being online much.

Ill take a new teammember if someone is game?
Hi, Team Corn Flakes here, we can play this Sunday the 6th at any time
Sign In to post comments