Executioner poisons & Rappid Assult/Dirty Fighting feats help

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi,

I'm new to strikers and want to take a shot at playing an Executioner. I'll be starting at lvl 7 and so far have chosen to be a Vryloka Red Scale Executioner Alchemist that is MC in Rogue for the sneak attack + garrote.

I took Silent Stalker & Vanish. I'll be using garrote/ rapier+dagger.

So I figure I will try to always stealth/hide/Silent Stalker/suprised/combat advantage/Garrote Strangle+Sneak Attack+Assassin's Strike+Attack Finesse+Nitharit poison as my opener.

Then can I use Vanish to go teleport and hide again with stealth/hide/Silent Stalker/suprised/combat advantage/Garrote Strangle+Attack Finesse+Bloodroot Poison.

1) Are the poisons daily uses or can you keep re-applying them for each encounter? Is the Bloodroot poison completely expended after 1 hit? What are the rules for executioners and thier poisons - it doesn't really say in Character builder.

2) If I take Rappid Assult feat do I get the +2 to melee damage rolls for each of Garrote Strangle+Sneak Attack+Assassin's Strike+Attack Finesse? 

3) What about Dirty Fighting - do I get +4 with all those 4?

1: Executioner poisons are dailies.  If they say they're single-hit, they are.  There are a mix of single-hit, entire-encounter, and stand-alone ones.

2: No.  All that is one damage roll.  Extra damage does not add extra damage ROLLS it adds to existing ones in a similar way to bonuses.

3: Same answer.

Those are not good feats, incidentally.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Spaceinvader is right on all accounts.

If you want some help looking at what you should be doing making an effective Executioner, go read the handbook in CharOp. 
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
Sign In to post comments