Psychological warfare

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
So it's becoming more and more common in 2hg games that someone on the enemy team will say "ok everyone agree on no blue" or something to that effect, then the person who said it and usually also their partner will pick a blue deck.

I make it my mission to ALWAYS play a blue deck when anyone on the enemy team asks me not to these days, but I was wondering if this happens to many other people?
In anticipation, you should play goblins.  Pro Blue, they hate it.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

In anticipation, you should play goblins.  Pro Blue, they hate it.

Why didn't I think of that...
I think someone asking others not to play certain decks is rediculous and pathetic! Tell them to put their big boy pants on and man up. If they find themselves really struggling against certain decks in this meta then they should consider spending some time in the deck editor or play a deck with a more favorable matchup against blue. I personally love it when my opponent continues to play a certain deck or color because that allows me to generate an advantage next game!
When dj_btrue enters the forum exile all bad attitudes.
Agreed, this sounds pretty lame.  Asking someone not to play a blue deck is weak, then having your partner play a blue deck after you asked others not to is a mind boggling example of poor sportsmanship.  I don't think this is psychological warfare; it's just incredible immaturity.  
I think someone asking others not to play certain decks is rediculous and pathetic! Tell them to put their big boy pants on and man up. If they find themselves really struggling against certain decks in this meta then they should consider spending some time in the deck editor or play a deck with a more favorable matchup against blue. I personally love it when my opponent continues to play a certain deck or color because that allows me to generate an advantage next game!

I think someone spelling ridiculous incorrectly is ridiculous and pathetic.

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

Efficient thread guys. GJ!

I think someone spelling ridiculous incorrectly is ridiculous and pathetic.

Ha, agreed! I was typing RIDICULOUSLY fast as i was walking out the door. I'll remember to spell check next time.
At least you live up to your sig. I don't usually nitpick spelling, only when it's ironic. Like making blatant typos while belitting someone else's intellect. Heh.

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

At least you live up to your sig. I don't usually nitpick spelling, only when it's ironic. Like making blatant typos while belitting someone else's intellect. Heh.

Hah*
No, I meant heh. They are distinctly different sounds (and the one you're thinking of is usually spelled ha anyhow.) I'd illustrate by making those sounds for you, but, well...

No, I meant heh. They are distinctly different sounds (and the one you're thinking of is usually spelled ha anyhow.) I'd illustrate by making those sounds for you, but, well...

Of course you meant "heh." I was just extending the spelling correction motif, with hilarious results, I might add... The fact you needed to explain yourself though makes it slightly less funny though, so thats disappointing...
The word-final 'h' on 'heh' serves to distinguish it from the very common 'he'. 'Ha' doesn't have that restriction, but that does not make 'hah' any less orthographically 'correct'.

And you're right, it was funny as a joke, but not as a discussion of the merits of the proper spelling of 'non-word' words. Wrap your heads around that sentence.
Non-word? Heh. Good sir, you need to acquaint yourself with some John "Friggin" Rizzo, posthaste. Check Starcitygames. Granted, I was using it before that (I remember back in the early nineties saying it online and having to explain to people the kind of sound it was representing) but I believe he's to credit for making it viral.

Also very possibly one of the most entertaining writers ever for Magic. 

I get the impression this happens just because a lot of less skilled players think blue is unbeatable or something and so they think if they can "trick" you into not playing it while they play it they will win, I say this because I think all the people that tried this on me were terrible players so far.
I don't know what's more shocking someone thinking they have the right to tell someone what decks they should or shouldn't pick, or the person being told this actually listening!
I rarely play blue anyways so their Jedi Mind Tricks won't work on me.  Oh yeah, I rarely play 2hg too.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

Of course you meant "heh." I was just extending the spelling correction motif, with hilarious results, I might add... The fact you needed to explain yourself though makes it slightly less funny though, so thats disappointing...

Could've avoided all this if you'd picked him up on his misspelling of belittling instead! lol.
Man, all this because of one hasty spelling mistake. All I can say is....... I'm sory.

Could've avoided all this if you'd picked him up on his misspelling of belittling instead! lol.

I was starting to wonder if anyone was going to catch that.

I rarely play blue anyways so their Jedi Mind Tricks won't work on me.  Oh yeah, I rarely play 2hg too.

VINNIE PAZ...JEDI MIND,BABY!

what?....you don't like terrorist hip hop?