It's REALLY up.

No new classes.

Danny

That kinda sucks. 90%.

Fear is the Mind Killer

It is really up.  I just checked again and got 121712 packet.

New adventure:  "The Mud Sorcerer's Tomb." 
Ninja'd by mrpopstar!
Ninja'd by mrpopstar!

I am the fastest in all the land!

Danny

Levels 1-20, having a look at the cleric.

Fear is the Mind Killer

Rogue Skill Tricks look promising!!!! (Oooo... Assassin!)

Danny

Read First

Skill Dice?

"The Apollo moon landing is off topic for this thread and this forum. Let's get back on topic." Crazy Monkey

ANyone else notice the bounded accuracy on the attacks. Cleric gets +2 to hit by level 20.

Fear is the Mind Killer

Channel Divinity is good stuff.

Don't know how I feel about the "Channel Magic Might" ability title. LOL Sounds a bit cheesy. 

Danny

Channel Divinity is good stuff.

Don't know how I feel about the "Channel Magic Might" ability title. LOL Sounds a bit cheesy. 

Yeah its kind of cool. From Mikes artle it seemed that Clerics would be like the Pathfinder ones but this is kind of like a domain power as well. Just had a quick look and we have level 6-9 spells in the packet.

Fear is the Mind Killer

You still add ability mods to attack rolls. 

A fighter maxing out at +5 to attack (before str mod) by level 20 is really refreshing, though!  

Danny

Meteor Swarm has a range of 1 mile lol.

Fear is the Mind Killer

Heres the link if any need it: www.wizards.com/dnd/DnDNext.aspx

There seems to be no change in the player races.
Big difference in fighter and cleric attacks. +2/+5. Did not like at first glance but may have to try it out. Alot of dead levels for fighters with only extra hit points. No feat, bonus to hit, manuveur or power.

Fear is the Mind Killer

Surprised there are no feats after lvl 9.
VAMPIRES!

5 Minute WorkdayMy Webcomic Updated Tue & Thur

The compilation of my Worldbuilding blog series is now available: 

Jester David's How-To Guide to Fantasy Worldbuilding.

So at high levels, wizards get to stop time, grant wishes, kill creatures without a save, and blow stuff up from a mile away. Clerics summon outsiders and raise the dead. 

Monks, meanwhile, get to speak a bunch of different languages. Fighters get more actions. Rogues can reroll misses.

Hello, caster supremacy. I haven't missed you.  
Wizards get no bonuses to hit with weapons at all.

Fear is the Mind Killer

This is a pleasant surprise. Got home from class early to find new packet waiting.  MUSTPLAYMUSTPLAYMUSTPLAY!!!
Also at 20 a monk get 20 in all stats, so thats intresting.
Wow I open the package and see one of my fav dungeon mag adventures.    I wonder if it's closer to the 2e or 3e version.

Asmodeus is in there, very 1e feel -with the 250 HP
Where is the Rogue's "skill die" actually... explained?  I see references to it, as if it's something other than "martial damage dice", but... I don't actually see it anywhere.

EDIT: Nevermind, skills are... weird.
Feedback Disclaimer
Yes, I am expressing my opinions (even complaints - le gasp!) about the current iteration of the play-test that we actually have in front of us. No, I'm not going to wait for you to tell me when it's okay to start expressing my concerns (unless you are WotC). (And no, my comments on this forum are not of the same tone or quality as my actual survey feedback.)
A Psion for Next (Playable Draft) A Barbarian for Next (Brainstorming Still)
i haven't check everything, but the black dragon gets a +3 boost to hit
Where is the Rogue's "skill die" actually... explained?  I see references to it, as if it's something other than "martial damage dice", but... I don't actually see it anywhere.

Skill dice are explained in the Backgrounds and Skills chapter. (Use Rope? Still in.) Everyone gets them, not just rogues -- they're a randomized version of a flat skill bonus.
It is too early for me to tell for sure, but so far I really like it...
At a glance:

-Monk, Fighter, and Rogue have identical(?) attack bonus progression.  This is what I worried about--all the grumbling about other classes not being good enough in combat has now led to the Fighter feeling a lot less awesome at his specialty by comparison.  Dislike.

-Monster to-hit bonuses feel much too high.  Almost everything gets a +5 or better.  Even the low-level stuff.  Armor class got hosed in this packet. Everything injures you too easily.  What's the point of being nimble or wearing armour if you get to avoid harm only slightly more often than 50% of the time or so?  Dislike lots.

-Do not like the Monk.  At all.  No monk chracter will ever be permitted to survive until 20th level at my table.  Period.

-I did like that they scaled back on PC attack bonuses, though.

I didn't think they could manage to do it since I've been a cheerleader for D&D Next since its announcement, but this packet has dealt a blow to my enthusiasm for the game.

If you have to resort to making offensive comments instead of making logical arguments, you deserve to be ignored.

So at high levels, wizards get to stop time, grant wishes, kill creatures without a save, and blow stuff up from a mile away. Clerics summon outsiders and raise the dead. 

Monks, meanwhile, get to speak a bunch of different languages. Fighters get more actions. Rogues can reroll misses.

Hello, caster supremacy. I haven't missed you.  

Some errors here i think.  The red dragon has the lowest to hit bonus of the dragons, yet is the highest level.  Blue dragon is the same level as the red, but has lower to hit bonus than the green and black.
I was going to write out a whole "first impressions" thing, but I just... ugh.  It's not bad (at all - it's clearly far more polished than the last one), but the Fighter is back to being "more of the same", and I just... ugh.  I don't have the dedication to dig through this, at the moment.
Feedback Disclaimer
Yes, I am expressing my opinions (even complaints - le gasp!) about the current iteration of the play-test that we actually have in front of us. No, I'm not going to wait for you to tell me when it's okay to start expressing my concerns (unless you are WotC). (And no, my comments on this forum are not of the same tone or quality as my actual survey feedback.)
A Psion for Next (Playable Draft) A Barbarian for Next (Brainstorming Still)
Lich makes an appearance.  It has spell list (like the dragons, demons and others) which I would prefer as options, not integral to the monster. I do, however, like the customization options presented for the lich (and other monsters).  However, I wish the spells were in the options and iconic powers (spells even) were given stat block write ups.
Just quickly reading a few of the spells....

i like that they fixed gate.  It reads more like the 2e version did.     "

"It might leave (possibly through the same portal), attack you, or help you"

I wasn't impressed with Flesh to Stone it's not even permanant after the second failed saving and it only lasts for a min with concentration.   Seems kind of crapy for a 6th level spell.   And on top of that the restoration spell ends the effect, which is kind of odd.     I guess the medusa's gaze is more deadly.    

New monsters, monster math, spells, maneuvers, feats, and class levels: WIN.

No new classes, races, or magic items: Not so much.

Still, the fixed math alone is excellent, and the new monsters and character options are greatly appreciated in my group. I just hope we'll be seeing more classes or races sometime soon. 
+1 to two ability scores every 4 levels...  was that in the last package?

BTW, the Rogue's Skill Dice are explained in Skills & Backgrounds.

Also, I like that the Fighter's Combat Surge makes a comeback. I liked that ability in the first playtest. 
Still digesting stuff.  I'm actually okay with most of the magic item stuff.  

+1 to two ability scores every 4 levels...  was that in the last package?

Yeah, pretty sure it was.

Seriously, though, you should check out the PbP Haven. You might also like Real Adventures, IF you're cool.
Knights of W.T.F.- Silver Spur Winner
4enclave, a place where 4e fans can talk 4e in peace.
Only four feats, ever, huh?
Yup may as well not have them.

Fear is the Mind Killer

I was going to write out a whole "first impressions" thing, but I just... ugh.  It's not bad (at all - it's clearly far more polished than the last one), but the Fighter is back to being "more of the same", and I just... ugh.  I don't have the dedication to dig through this, at the moment.

+1

I am going to set 5E aside until the new year.  I am going to go have fun.

"The Apollo moon landing is off topic for this thread and this forum. Let's get back on topic." Crazy Monkey

Why does the rogue get to mark (good) but the fighter doesn't? (bad)

Also, i'd let the cleric get an extra +1 to hit.  -3 makes martial attacks hard to work with.  Especially for a more martial cleric.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.