4E (Passive Support) Cleric of the Raven Queen

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Trying to come up with a way to justify a messenger of Peace of the Raven Queen. So far it seems nearly impossible to justify a messenger of peace of a death godess. The character idea in game is simple enough, slap de/buffs on enemies/allies and and make sure they don't die. I'm using certain powers such a life transferance to symbolize that you can't just create life no matter how powerful you are (The power hurts you to heal your ally) instead of focusing on straight up healing abilties, like cure light wounds.

So far I have: Grace was from a small farming community that was sacked by orcs, and she managed to survive by hiding among the bodies of her dead parents. Knights of the raven queen came to investiate. there was a priest among their number that was old, unarmed and unarmored She warned the orcs to leave, a warning the failed to heed. This led to the slaughter of most of the orcs though the old priest never struck a blow. The orc leader tried to strike her but extending her arms outward and moving towards him left the greenskin unnerved and suddenly feeling like he had somewhere else to be. In fear of the old woman the other orcs turned and fled as well. Leaving Grace alone among the knights and the priest. The woman asked if she had anywhere to go. Grave shook her had and told her about her parents fate. The old priest frowned and asked her if she knew much about the Raven Queen and if she would like to accompany them back to the temple. After seeing the power of the woman at work Grace wanted to learn more about the old women and her god. Soon Grace would begin her studies of the raven queen, her dedication to the clergy and the passive way of her new god.

Tell me what you think or how I could improve this.

Am I better off using a different word instead of passive? Was the scene between the orc and the old priest too short?

Feel free to critique and tell me what you think.
As I said on your other thread, it's simply NOT worth making a Pacifist Cleric. Look into a normal cleric or Warpriest, especially with the Death Domain stuff. Might be more to your liking.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
The Raven Queen sees Death is an outcome, not a method in and of itself. A passive messanger of peace might not seek to usher death to his opponents so much as to ensure that they do not escape their ultimate fate, nor do they rush head long into it. An example of this is how the old priest from your backstory rebuked the orc without doing any harm to it, likely keeping it from meeting a premature end at the hand of the priest's fellows. To this, I don't think the concept behind a passive priest of the Raven Queen is too far fetched an idea. Sounds like an interesting character indeed.

Hope this helps. Happy Gaming
The Raven Queen sees Death is an outcome, not a method in and of itself. A passive messanger of peace might not seek to usher death to his opponents so much as to ensure that they do not escape their ultimate fate, nor do they rush head long into it. An example of this is how the old priest from your backstory rebuked the orc without doing any harm to it, likely keeping it from meeting a premature end at the hand of the priest's fellows. To this, I don't think the concept behind a passive priest of the Raven Queen is too far fetched an idea. Sounds like an interesting character indeed.

Hope this helps. Happy Gaming

That's the kind of fluff I'm after, thanks a ton.

Outcome not a method, I'll remember that. 
I would also recommend taking advantage of the fact that hit points do not actually represents wounds inflicted, but capacity to fight, as well as the fact that you can reduce a monster to 0 HP without killing them, merely by saying so to make a cleric that is casting things and removing threats without killing.
Turning someone mad, or affecting their mind enough that they sit down and seem to think they are having a conversation with their long lost friend Eleanor are good examples of stopping someone from being able to fight