How is Snapcaster Mage Powerful?

46 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is it the flash ability, the ability to grant flashback? or is it just the outrageous combos he can pull? Can someone elaborate on what makes him so powerful?
Cheap, trades with dudes, flexible, provides card advantage, instant speed.

Don't know of any outrageous combos.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

It acts as additional copies of all your instants and sorceries and can swing too. Also a surprise blocker in a pinch.

Basically it's the ridiculous flexibility.

L1 Judge

He's a 2 for 1 that's surprisingly cheap.  Flashback a counterspell, flashback a removal spell, flashback a brainstorm, you're getting value.

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
Alright that helps clear up a lot thanks guys
He's a 2/1 for 2, in blue, that draws you a card. That has flash.

He's the sort of card that pros giggle about. Actually, all of the cards pros design are like that. It's a shame that finkel was printed at the same time as mongrel...
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.
He can block Knight of Infamy.
He's just good all around, He's a 2/1 for 2[ (Not to mention he cost 1 blue and a colorless) and he flashes counter spells back. He would even be good if he was just a 2/1 flash.
MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC!!!!!!!!
It's not good. It's just that all other possible options are worse.

Orzhova Witness

Restarting Quotes Block
58086748 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
Disregard women acquire chase rares.
There are a lot of dudes for whom this is not optional.
97820278 wrote:
144532521 wrote:
How;s a 2 drop 1/2, Flying broken? What am I missing?
You're missing it because *turns Storm Crows sideways* all your base are belong to Chuck Norris and every other overused meme ever.

Past in Flames isn't a bad card, Snappy is just better.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
I don't know about anywhere else but the Legacy players in my area stopped playing him. I guess they decided that the meta is so fast and weird that it's difficult to actually get to flash something back with it.
I have no idea if Deathrite Shaman is played in legacy but that would definitely be a reason for the absence of snappy.
I have no idea if Deathrite Shaman is played in legacy but that would definitely be a reason for the absence of snappy.

Deathrite Shaman is definitely making some waves in the legacy meta right now.

Current decks
Comments or suggestions are always welcome

Modern
nothing at the moment

No, you're wrong. It uses your graveyard as a resource extremely efficiently. This is why the card is good. 
Imagine this.

Instant

Target instant or sorcery card in your GY gains flashback until EOT. Put a 2/1 Human Wizards Token onto the battlefield.

^ Theres another way of putting him
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
Imagine this.

Instant

Target instant or sorcery card in your GY gains flashback until EOT. Put a 2/1 Human Wizards Token onto the battlefield.

That's actually very different.
I prefer the current version, thx.
Imagine this.

Instant

That's actually very different.
I prefer the current version, thx.

Always fun to watch riptide laboratory spike in price.
Thanks to Long_Con for the avatar.
River Guide
56756068 wrote:
58147568 wrote:
121816979 wrote:
56819178 wrote:
147112461 wrote:
Hi everyone,I have two questions. 1. If my opponent already controlled a planewalker , then he cast avacyn,angle of hope ,and resolved on battlefield.Now his planewalker in indestructible right?
[c]Avacyn, Angel of Hope[/c] -> Avacyn, Angel of Hope
No need to be so obtuse, maybe he's just trying to complement her. That's not too radical of a concept, I mean she is pretty acute, right?.
This right here should be a bannable offense :p
No, not an outright banning, that's too easy. He should be punished ... ... by degrees.
Most of those are bad. Chaining the spell with all available mana, etc., would be stronger.

Unlesd you're playing the bounce. Then just use a good bounce spell and totes.
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.

No, you're wrong. It uses your graveyard as a resource extremely efficiently. This is why the card is good. 

No. YOU are wrong. That it uses the graveyard as a resource efficiently only makes it the lesser of two evils, so to speak.

Orzhova Witness

Restarting Quotes Block
58086748 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
Disregard women acquire chase rares.
There are a lot of dudes for whom this is not optional.
97820278 wrote:
144532521 wrote:
How;s a 2 drop 1/2, Flying broken? What am I missing?
You're missing it because *turns Storm Crows sideways* all your base are belong to Chuck Norris and every other overused meme ever.

No. YOU are wrong. That it uses the graveyard as a resource efficiently only makes it the lesser of two evils, so to speak.

If being better at what it does than every other option makes it still "not good", what specific definition of "good" are you using?

Obviously these words are subjective and we cant measure card "goodness" on a scientific scale... but doing something useful better than everything else should at least make it to "decent" or "pretty swell" dont you think?

Current decks

Modern
nothing at the moment

If being better at what it does than every other option makes it still "not good", what specific definition of "good" are you using?

Obviously these words are subjective and we cant measure card "goodness" on a scientific scale... but doing something useful better than everything else should at least make it to "decent" or "pretty swell" dont you think?

Well, for example, infernal plunge and battle hymn are the best ritual effects in standard, but they're still bad.

Although I must disagree with justterrorit, it's an inexpensive and versatile 2 for 1, what more can you ask for? 

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
Snapcaster is very good at one thing; proving my issue with Standard.  The card goes for $25 right now; once it cycles out it'll probably drop below $15 if not below $10.  Now; if it gets used in Legacy (I honestly don't know) then maybe it's price will remain more constant but I would think Legacy has better options.

If I'm wrong someone can correct me, I won't be offended.  Though my initial point stands.  Look at one of my favourite creatures; Baneslayer Angel.  Apparently when it was in standard it was going for $50! it now sells for $10 or less.

So to sum up my thoughts; yes Snapcaster is a great card.  However, I do not think it justifies a $25 price tag.  I think that is the artificial inflation that is the result of the limitations of Standard.
Snapcaster is very good at one thing; proving my issue with Standard.  The card goes for $25 right now; once it cycles out it'll probably drop below $15 if not below $10.  Now; if it gets used in Legacy (I honestly don't know) then maybe it's price will remain more constant but I would think Legacy has better options.

If I'm wrong someone can correct me, I won't be offended.  Though my initial point stands.  Look at one of my favourite creatures; Baneslayer Angel.  Apparently when it was in standard it was going for $50! it now sells for $10 or less.

So to sum up my thoughts; yes Snapcaster is a great card.  However, I do not think it justifies a $25 price tag.  I think that is the artificial inflation that is the result of the limitations of Standard.

Snapcaster sees play in both Legacy and Modern.  Though its impact seems to have decreased as of late with all of the hate thats being printed to prevent it from being dominant in Standard.

If you want an example of a bad card thats price is artificially inflated by Standard, you need look no further than Thragtusk.  Like Baneslayer before it, its just the best thing to turn sideways thats legal in its current meta.

Current decks

Modern
nothing at the moment

Snapcaster sees play in both Legacy and Modern.  Though its impact seems to have decreased as of late with all of the hate thats being printed to prevent it from being dominant in Standard.

If you want an example of a bad card thats price is artificially inflated by Standard, you need look no further than Thragtusk.  Like Baneslayer before it, its just the best thing to turn sideways thats legal in its current meta.

I just made a thread concerning the Golgari event deck and I made mention of Thragtusk.  I cannot believe the price he goes for; it does make me wish I pulled a few so I could trade him for some real cards.

As far as Snapcaster I will admit that, unlike Thragtusk, he is actually good.  If he is seeing play in both Legacy AND Standard then that does somewhat explain his price.  Though I do think it's over inflated. 
Snappy would be better in Red, like it was originally intended.

I just made a thread concerning the Golgari event deck and I made mention of Thragtusk.  I cannot believe the price he goes for; it does make me wish I pulled a few so I could trade him for some real cards.

As far as Snapcaster I will admit that, unlike Thragtusk, he is actually good.  If he is seeing play in both Legacy AND Standard then that does somewhat explain his price.  Though I do think it's over inflated. 

I dunno, Thragtusk is pretty legit. Lets review:

He swings for 5.
He essentially undoes one of your opponent's combat phases.
He doesn't die to removal (Well he does, but you have to hit him twice, the first one just calms him down. And the kicker is you can't even unmake him. Like, baneslayer is a house but she can be murdered just fine, and a Wurmcoil Engine can be disassembled safely if you know how, but thragtusk is like a honey badger in that respect).
Zammm = Batman. Bronies unite. "I'd call you a genius, but I'm in the room."
It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.
Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Snappy would be better in Red, like it was originally intended.

It is always interesting to watch memetic mutation in action...

Snapcaster was not originally intended to be red. In fact, according to Maro, nobody actually thought of the idea of making it red until it had already been printed, and it was only in hindsight that he wished they'd done it that way.
blah blah metal lyrics
o__O I love how mentioning a powerhouse card steers the thread right off of the bridge and right into the river.

OP: Snapcaster Mage is good because it can be ANY cheap (usually 1-2 mana) instant or sorcery you're playing in addition to a body that is just big enough to be annoying with the same casting flexibility of said instant or sorcery. In application this is especially important to many "go under" strategies that need to keep shoving low cost spells down their opponent's throat to win.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)

He swings for 5.
He doesn't die to removal (Well he does, but you have to hit him twice, the first one just calms him down. And the kicker is you can't even unmake him. Like, baneslayer is a house but she can be murdered just fine, and a Wurmcoil Engine can be disassembled safely if you know how, but thragtusk is like a honey badger in that respect).

He is also an extremely appetizing target for flicker effects making removal that much worse against him. Not only are you probably going to get a huge loss of value from your removal if it hits, but odds are good that the deck will seek to abuse his abilities further, and null your removal while gaining even more value.
57170298 wrote:
Borrowing the East Wind (P3) - Haha, it's like Hurricane but for horsemanship? That makes hilariously little sense. "Oh man, the wind is so much worse up on this horse."
57044478 wrote:
Jon Finkel can win a Magic tournament with a ham sandwich. That doesn't mean ham sandwiches are now the metagame breaker.
97820278 wrote:
Koth: I'm the first viable red planeswalker. Who are you? Tibalt: I'm a two-mana red planeswalker. Koth: I'm the last viable red planeswalker.
He is also an extremely appetizing target for flicker effects making removal that much worse against him. Not only are you probably going to get a huge loss of value from your removal if it hits, but odds are good that the deck will seek to abuse his abilities further, and null your removal while gaining even more value.

True of Snappy too. In fact, any creature that benefits you upon ETB or LTB is going to be blinked a lot. Actually, when Parallax Wave first came out, I turned to my Opalescence and said to myself "infinite...everything". I guess that makes me a blinking OG.

Only later did I realize that the way the stack worked, I also had a one-sided Wrath that exiled instead of destroying, and if (just for excretions and giggles) I wanted him to keep a creature like this guy, he could.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

Snapcaster is played in Legacy, Modern, EDH, and Vintage. His price isn't going anywhere.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
In fact, any creature that benefits you upon ETB or LTB is going to be blinked a lot.

Indeed, and when you consider that thraggy does both, well... lets just say you should buy a hat, and then hold on to it.

I guess that makes me a blinking OG.

Please, I've been blinking since the day I was born.
Zammm = Batman. Bronies unite. "I'd call you a genius, but I'm in the room."
It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.
Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
lets just say you should buy a hat, and then hold on to it.

As a tf2 player, I affirm this sentiment.

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:
lets just say you should buy a hat, and then hold on to it.

As a tf2 player, I affirm this sentiment.

I traded my cool hat for a copy of Batman: AC. It was a good deal.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]

He swings for 5.

It may have come off that I think he is **** on legs but that's not (entirely) true.  I just have trouble swallowing his price tag; he is not a $25 card.  That's my point.  I LOVE Baneslayer Angel but would have choked on her price of $25 nvm $50.  I don't play in tournaments and other then my Reanimator build and checking out a Tendrils of Agony deck I never really look at tournament decks; most of the ones I do wouldn't run Thragy.  If I did maybe I could see him in action but everyone I know who would pull him would trade him immidiately before his price drops.  Even the Love Engine; as much of a beast as I think he is, it's partially the fact that he can be played in ANY colour without splashing.  He's not invicible; just hard to deal with - also it he connects he swings the balance by 12 life.

I don't really trust any card price while it's Standard legal unless it's hitting Legacy hard; Jinny then G Money (God I love those two).  That's why I somewhat recounted my Snapcaster comment; if it's good enough for Legacy it must be good.  Is Thragtusk good enough for Legacy?  If so maybe I'm really just now seeing it.  The fact is, Standard is so restricted that any decent card becomes great.  

On a side note; I'm not sure what causes more of my love for Baneslayer; how much of a beast she is for 5-mana OR how much HATE is centred around her.  Seriously; read the Discussion on Gatherer.  It's page after page of hate.  You'd think she was the anti-Christ or something.

Snapcaster is played in Legacy, Modern, EDH, and Vintage. His price isn't going anywhere.

Yeah so again I retract my comment concerning him.  Had I known before I would have understood.  That kind of widespread play is going to drive prices up.

Yeah so again I retract my comment concerning him.  Had I known before I would have understood.  That kind of widespread play is going to drive prices up.

Holdin' dem Deathrites.

Indeed. I've got just short of a spare playset of saod shaman from the release and drafting. His lack of a set deck in standard (since he's a hoser but not a manadork) means he hasm't jumped up but he's showing 50¢ weekly. Snappies, though... Like Bob he's a player invented engine and he's nothing but gold.
76783093 wrote:
On a side note; I'm not sure what causes more of my love for Baneslayer; how much of a beast she is for 5-mana OR how much HATE is centred around her.  Seriously; read the Discussion on Gatherer.  It's page after page of hate.  You'd think she was the anti-Christ or something.

I think it's this: danshive.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=...
IMAGE(http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/214/a/e/Serra_Baneslayer_Comic_by_DanShive.jpg)

More or less, Serra Angel is so much of a classic that any attempt to supercede her is disliked.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]

I think it's this: danshive.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=...

More or less, Serra Angel is so much of a classic that any attempt to supercede her is disliked.

Yeah I know that's one of the issues; it's also one of the things that makes me love her.

Though my issue with that comic is that it implies someone would bother casting Serra Angel anymore, lol.
It was from the prerelease, the artist said. Also, why anyone would ever cast plummet.

There was a time when Serra was the best creature in Magic, and a time when she was "too Good" for standard.
Check out my cube!
Show
57193048 wrote:
56663526 wrote:
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
56734518 wrote: