more stack fun, equipment and Sharpshooter

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I think I have this all correct, but I wanted to be sure:

On the board I have a Goblin Sharpshooter

I cast Basilisk Collar and it resolves.

At this point, my opponent can't cast shatter it because he does not have priority, he needs to wait until I do something or until I pass priority to him.

So I spend the 2mana to attack the collar to the Sharpshooter, in response my opponent casts Shatter.

In response I pay another 2mana and equip the collar to the Sharpshooter.  I let this resolve. Once it resolves, I have priority and tap the Sharpshooter and kill one of his creatures.

This triggers his abilty to untap, so I let that resolve, then tap him again to kill another creature.

I can keep doing this until I run out of creatures to kill, then I let his disenchant resolve and lose the basilisk collar. Then the original Equip resolves and fizzles.

Is that all correct?
In response I pay another 2mana and equip the collar to the Sharpshooter

The above portion isn't possible.  The equip ability can only be activated during a main phase of your own turn, while you have priority and the stack is empty.  As a result, it's never possible to activate an equip ability "in response" to anything -- unless an outside effect like Leonin Shikari allows you to equip at any time you could cast an instant. 
In response I pay another 2mana and equip the collar to the Sharpshooter.

That doesn't work. The equip ability can only be used any time you could cast a sorcery, so it cannot be used "in response"
ah thats right... thanks for the catch.
Sign In to post comments