D&D WoA Not sure what to do when Hero hits 0 hit points at the start of his turn

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
So lets say my hero has 1 hit point and is poisoned. At the start of their phase he takes 1 damage. My assumption is that he can not use a healing surge as his Hero Phase is already started and the Healing Surge is used at the beginning of the hero phase only. In such a case do I still get to roll off poison or do I skip my entire hero phase? Do I still draw an encounter card and activate my monsters? Not sure what to do. Thanks.
I'm not at home and so I can't consult my games to check the rules, but here's my first instinct on this.

As you said, at the start of your turn, you are not at 0 hit points, so you won't use a healing surge.

But you will take the 1 hit point of damage during the beginning of your hero phase and drop to 0 hit points.

I don't believe that your turn ends immediately when your hero drops to 0 hit points, so you would continue as normal. So you'd get to save against the poison, you'd draw the encounter card, activate any monsters, etc.

The thing to remember is that the other heroes may have a way to heal you before your turn starts again. In which case, you wouldn't have to use a healing surge.

I'm not 100% on this, of course, as it has been months since I played last, but I'm pretty sure I'm at least close to the correct ruling.

> 
Page 8 of the rulebook says you take the damage before using any Treasure cards and before checking to see if you must spend a Healing Surge.
Page 8 of the rulebook says you take the damage before using any Treasure cards and before checking to see if you must spend a Healing Surge.

Thanks. I completly missed the "before checking to see if you must spend a Healing Surge" part. I've read the rules over but since I'm new to this I must have missed some. There's quite a few fine details eaisly overlooked.

Thanks again!