Undead Alchemist

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've got a couple of questions about [C]Undead Alchemist[/C].

Number one: If a creature with Undying is destroyed without a +1/+1 counter on it while [C]Undead Alchemist[/C] is in play, does it get exiled and a zombie token put in play, or does it return to the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it?
(My guess is it depends on who is the active player)

Number two: If [C]Undead Alchemist[/C] and another creature are destroyed at the same time, does [C]Undead Alchemist[/C]'s ability still trigger?

I've got a couple of questions about [C]Undead Alchemist[/C].

Undead Alchemist's last ability triggers when a creature card goes opponent's library -> opponent's graveyard. It doesn't work on creatures on the battlefield being destroyed. Both of your questions are wrong from the start, sorry.

[<o>]
Wow, what was I thinking? Sorry.
@will_dice, isn't a creature also a creature card except that it's in play? When a creature dies the creature card is put into the graveyard right?
@will_dice, isn't a creature also a creature card except that it's in play? When a creature dies the creature card is put into the graveyard right?

Creature Permanent is the full term for a creature on the battlefield.

108.2a In the text of spells or abilities, the term “card” is used only to refer to a card that’s not on the battlefield or on the stack, such as a creature card in a player’s hand. For more information, see section 4, “Zones.”

Even if the term Creature Card could refer to a creature on the battlefield, the Alchemist specifically states it the card needs to move from the Library to the Graveyard.  A change to either the origin or the destination would cause the Alchemist to not trigger.

Yes, the creature is put on the graveyard from the battlefield (what you're calling "in play").

Now, read the card again. The last ability says "Whenever a creature card is put into an opponent's graveyard from his or her library, exile that card...". It works only if it's moving from the library to the graveyard.

[<o>]
Sign In to post comments