Is this a different form of hexproof?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Deadeye Navigator

with this card, anything that targets a creature soulbound to this creature or this creature itself, can be exiled, then returned, and the target that is still on the stack isnt targeting the card anymore correct?

so say I have a thragtusk soulbound to deadeye navigator that just got targeted by a murder.

i respond to the murder, by paying 2 and "flashing" thragtusk.

thragtusk leaves play, i get a 3/3, comes back into play, I gain 5 life, then the murder fizzles because it is no longer targetting the same thragtusk he was before?

I just want to make sure all of this is correct.

JUDGE!!!!

Worry only about the current. Think about the rest. And you wont have to worry.

You are correct in your assumption.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."

next question, if i "flash"  a tapped creature, does it return to play untapped, and with summoning sickness?

next question, if i "flash"  a tapped creature, does it return to play untapped, and with summoning sickness?

The creature comes back untapped, but it does return with summoning sickness. Since when the creature comes back it is considered a new instance and thus has not been under your control since your previous turn, unless of course the creature in question has Haste.

So you could attack with the creature, then activate Navigators ability when your opponent attacks to untap your creature for a surprise blocker. But you couldn't tap Avacyn's Pilgrim for :W: (as an example) then activate Navigators ability and tap Pilgrim for a second time for :W: when it comes back (since it would have summoning sickness when it comes back).

Also, the common vernacular for the effect of Deadeye Navigator/Cloudshift/Restoration Angel is Flicker (see Ghostly Flicker).

Just a heads up, since referring to it as Flash may confused some people. Since Flash is its own seperate ability (see Snapcaster Mage).
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
funny combo:

deadeye navigator + acidic slime = a stone rain enchantment card that costs 2. lol

funny combo:

deadeye navigator + acidic slime = a stone rain enchantment card that costs 2. lol

There are a lot of silly combos with this type of effect. For example.

Cast Zealous Conscripts/Mark of Mutiny/Act of Treason or any other card that allows you to steal an opponents creature for a turn, then Flicker the creature you stole. You have now permanently stolen that card from your opponent.

Another silly example is. Cast Fiend Hunter exiling an opponents creature, then Flicker Fiend Hunter. You have now permanently exiled the original creature you exiled with Fiend Hunter (and your opponent can no longer get it back, even if they kill Fiend Hunter), and you get to exile a second creature with Fiend Hunter when it comes back (although this second one functions as normal, i.e. if your opponent kills Fiend Hunter they get their creature back).

There are literally TONS of applications of Flicker effects, even beyond the readily apparent abuse of ETB/LTB effects.
"Blink" is also an accepted term for that ability.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
"Blink" is also an accepted term for that ability.

What Anubuss said. (see Momentary Blink)

The creature comes back untapped

Unless it explicitly states on the card that it enters the battlefield tapped (see: geralf's messenger. Not that I would ever consider flickering messenger...LOL!)
Next thing you will tell me Browbeat is bad.
You know, there's a rules section to this forum. You could try asking these questions there as well. It'd be more appropriate.