Liliana of the Dark Realms question.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
With Liliana of the Dark Realms -6 ability.  What happens to the emblem if/when she is killed and removed from the battlefield?  Does it stay in play?  Thanks.
Absolutely nothing happens to the emblem.  Once an emblem is in play, it cannot be affected by anything outside of the emblem's controller losing the game.

Rules Advisor

With Liliana of the Dark Realms -6 ability.  What happens to the emblem if/when she is killed and removed from the battlefield?  Does it stay in play?  Thanks.

The emblem remains.  Getting rid of the Planeswalker does not get rid of the emblem.

Absolutely nothing happens to the emblem.  Once an emblem is in play, it cannot be affected by anything outside of the emblem's controller losing the game.

Or if the game restarts, without anyone winning or losing: Karn Liberated

Rules Advisor

Is there an echo in here?  What was the point of your post?

Or if the game restarts... again, without anyone winning or losing: Karn Liberated

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Just for 100% clarity, the emblem is never 'in play' (which is old terminology for being on the battlefield) - the emblem gets put in the command zone, where at this point in time there aren't any Magic cards that can interfere with it from there (except for cards that 'deal with it' indirectly, like Karn Liberated restarting the game).

Of course, by in play you could have just meant that it was a factor in the game, but I just thought I'd make it a bit clearer, just in case. ^^
I'm all about super-control in MTG. If you're able to stop my shenanigans, then there aren't enough shenanigans. Lv 1 Judge Current Decklists Sweeping Beauty (Casual) A Vision of Clones (Casual) Coming soon... more decks! :-O
Sign In to post comments