Calimshan Flavoured/Specific Classes?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hi all,

I want to introduce an organization which has a "Tales of Arabian Night" feel to my campaign as PC adversaries in a mini-campaign I will play.  Specifically I am looking for Wizard type class which has more that feel.  Maybe summoning Djinn's or similar, using sand as their element and so forth. 

What I had specicially in mind was somethign similair to the Alin in Rise of Legends:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_Nations:_R...

Is there anything like this in any edition of D&D (or Dungeon/Dragon magazine)?  I own a lot of source material from every edition and the only thing that comes close to what I am after is the Shining Seas boxed set.  But that only has 2 pages on magic and no specific class info.

But I am not a FR expert so was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction.

while not calsihite base, there is the elemental warrior, elemental savant and the elemental archon

I dont remember which one the elemental warrior came from, but the elemtnal savant I think was 3.5 core and the archon was from FR: Faith and pantheons.

its not FR/dnd at all but there is an interesting one in pathfinder if your interested       
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....
The Sha'ir would fit right in. Its from the 4e Heroes of the Elemental Chaos or whatever, or 2e's Arabian Adventures. I dont recal a 3e variant, not an 'official' one any ways. 

Theyre unusual spellcasters, they dont actually study for spells, they have this djinn familiar that heads out and gets spells for them, the 4e version made them more of a traditional caster but they still have that djinn familiar. 
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
The Sha'ir would fit right in. Its from the 4e Heroes of the Elemental Chaos or whatever, or 2e's Arabian Adventures. I dont recal a 3e variant, not an 'official' one any ways. 

Theyre unusual spellcasters, they dont actually study for spells, they have this djinn familiar that heads out and gets spells for them, the 4e version made them more of a traditional caster but they still have that djinn familiar. 

There was a 3.5 conversion in Dragon Magazine.

Crazed undead horror posing as a noble and heroic forum poster!

Some good pointers for the fellow hobbyist!:

• KEEP D&D ALIVE, END EDITION WARS!
  • RESPECT PEOPLES' PREFERENCES
  • JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
Great, thanks all!
sfdragon what is the Pathfinder one?  Any online reference?
sent the link via private message
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....
Sign In to post comments