[BUGS] - A few MTGO Bugs

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
I found some MTGO bugs, mostly from playing MOMIR.  I've made a bug report but wanted to also post it here for more attention.

[BUG] - Gargantuan Gorilla

Step 1 - Cast Gargantuan Gorilla
Step 2 - During your next upkeep, his Triggered ability will trigger (sacrifice a Forest).
Step 3 - Activate his activated ability (deal damage to target creature), and choose himself as the target.

What I observed: He was able to target himself, thus killing himself. Thus, if you don't sacrifice a forest via his upkeep trigger, you can't sacrifice him and don't take 7 damage.
What I expected to happen: You shouldn't be able to target himself with his activated ability, since it expressly says "another target creature".

[BUG] - Riders of Gavony and Clone

Step 1: Opponent casts Rides of Gavony and names "human" as it came into play.
Step 2: I played Clone, copying Rides of Gavony and also named "human" as it came into play.
Step 3: Attacked with a Human creature.
Step 4: He blocked with Human Creature

What should have happend: He shouldn't have been able to block with a Human creature. 

What I observed: He was able to target himself, thus killing himself. Thus, if you don't sacrifice a forest via his upkeep trigger, you can't sacrifice him and don't take 7 damage.
What I expected to happen: You shouldn't be able to target himself with his activated ability, since it expressly says "another target creature".

Even if Gargantuan Gorilla is not on the battlefield as its triggered ability resolves, the ability should do as much as it can. Gargantuan Gorilla should deal 7 damage to you if you do not sacrifice a Forest.