Monk Assassin Revenant (w Ghostwalker) Help?

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Would this even be worth it to build? Or just straight monk or assassin? Yea i know the revenant is cheesy. BUT it is what I got to work with.
It would probably be better than a straight assassin, but worse than a straight monk.  The CharOp answer is "nope."
Like what? I figured the monk was a stronger class but a hybrid could focus the group when needed and focus single when needed?
Oh god. I may have just discovered yet another terrible idea...
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
Okay what's black flame form and what is ur interesting idea? Also don't assassin hitpoints just make the class a backburner class to other single unit strikers?
Alittle rude but understandable. Give it a shot though. Even if I don't get your higher vocabulary maybe someone else would want to know why.
You're combining two awful striker classes, both reliant on abuse to make them work, both losing a ton of striker features, and what do you get? Godawfulness.
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
I figured that was it. I just wanted to vere (sp?) away from the standard Ranger/ Avenger stuff ya know? Try something new. Char Op isn't 100 percent about shooting down bad character ideas. I would say it had to do with making a bad character idea work. *Holds Obama pose* I would say my favorite class is fighter, but I don't want to play a fighter all the time. (I just realized that has nothing to do with the conversation.)

By and by I thank you for the honesty. But I thought Monk wasn't too bad. Its just not a pure striker... more of a controller striker? 
I figured that was it. I just wanted to vere (sp?) away from the standard Ranger/ Avenger stuff ya know? Try something new. Char Op isn't 100 percent about shooting down bad character ideas. I would say it had to do with making a bad character idea work. *Holds Obama pose* I would say my favorite class is fighter, but I don't want to play a fighter all the time. (I just realized that has nothing to do with the conversation.)

By and by I thank you for the honesty. But I thought Monk wasn't too bad. Its just not a pure striker... more of a controller striker? 

CharOp does shoot down ideas that won't make baseline, which in the case of a striker is usually a pretty straight forward assesment. Though strictly speaking any class (even non-strikers) can make baseline by charging and ignoring their features/class powers. So there is that.

Monks are reasonable. Pure monks, that is.
Okay, so stick with pure monk. I can do that. Thank you both. Honestly.
The whole shrouds using vulnerabilities and the flurry of talons stuff?
And Black Flame Form.  Read it carefully, and make sure your DM will follow the RAW ruling before making the character though.