Druid: Undead Slayer

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum earlier. Oops! Anyway, forgive the cross-post.

I am prepping for an undead-themed sandbox campaign. What options are available for Druids that give them some options against undead, specifically? Centauri pointed out that multiclass feats open up Cleric and Paladin PPs and EDs that could prove very useful. What other options exist?Are there any Druid PPs that have anything to do with the undead? I haven't found any yet, but I suppose I could always reskin an existing PP if the player in question doesn't want to go the multiclass route. 
None of the Undead specific options in all of 4e that do damage do more damage then optimization choices that do damage to everything. So trying to optimize it is actually less damage when fighting undead, and outright sad when fighting anything else.

That said, best option if the whole campaign is undead is having everyone grab Radiant weapons. Most undead are Vuln to radiant anyway, and Radiant itself has a lot of options for optimization anyway.
None of the Undead specific options in all of 4e that do damage do more damage then optimization choices that do damage to everything. So trying to optimize it is actually less damage when fighting undead, and outright sad when fighting anything else.

That said, best option if the whole campaign is undead is having everyone grab Radiant weapons. Most undead are Vuln to radiant anyway, and Radiant itself has a lot of options for optimization anyway.

Hmm. That's good to know. The campaign won't feature only undead, as there are a fair amount of creatures that could be cajoled into helping a lich, for example. There wasn't anything that jumped right out at me, but I figured I would take it to the boards.
Take Pelor's Sun Blessing as soon as possible. That's the earliest available (and really, only) thing that a Druid can get that specifically targets undead and is worthwhile.

I hadn't considered boons. I'll have to dig through them and see what's appropriate. I could see a druid blessed by Melora or Sehanine to aid their efforts to save the frontierlands and unspoiled wilderness from unnatural unlife.

Many thanks! 

Purifying Light heroic feat might be considered in the optimal list if the whole campaign is vs undead  ...and you are playing a divine class... and using radiant powers already.

That being said what do people think about Radiant Power heroic feat for Deva in this situation?  Granted its a -2 to implement attack rolls (ungodly bad, I know), but it adds 2/4/6 radiant damage to your attacks and allowing you to tag Radiant.  Since all wild shape powers are implement powers, getting CA shouldn't be terrible to offset that penalty.
Ours is a world where people don't know what they want, and are willing to go through hell to get it. -Don Marquis
Ungodly bad is right.  DOn't take a feat that gives you -2 to hit unless you're already hitting on a 2.  And even then, it can be iffy.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.