Encounters Summaries on D&D Wiki?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey everyone! I have a favor to ask. I'd be interested in seeing some kind of an archive of the story progression for any of the D&D Encounters Seasons go up on the wiki. Each season had a little Story So Far writeup and I loved reading them all--but it seems as though as soon as the new season begins, the old writeups just dissapear into the ether. Same with the D&D Game Day stories. There's a lot of cool background material here, and my hope is to compile it and see it put on the wiki. I hope to start with what I have, but I'd love help! Thanks.
Now with 100% more Vorthos!
My guess is that WotC won't allow it, under the idea that it somehow cheapens the experience of the folks who make it on Wednesday nights to play.

I could still be a bit bitter, however. I am not able to make Wednesday nights, and through much gyration and manipulation managed to get ahold of a WotC service rep through a FLGS in the area that runs Encounters. I offered to run it on a different night, AFTER the official night, for people like myself who cannot make Wednesdays. We were officially told that if a store ran Encounter content on a non-Encounter night, they COULD (not WOULD, but COULD) have their sanctioning pulled. The Encounters program was meant to encourage ONE night of play in an organized setting.

Still irritates me, actually.
So many PCs, so little time...
My guess is that WotC won't allow it, under the idea that it somehow cheapens the experience of the folks who make it on Wednesday nights to play.

I could still be a bit bitter, however. I am not able to make Wednesday nights, and through much gyration and manipulation managed to get ahold of a WotC service rep through a FLGS in the area that runs Encounters. I offered to run it on a different night, AFTER the official night, for people like myself who cannot make Wednesdays. We were officially told that if a store ran Encounter content on a non-Encounter night, they COULD (not WOULD, but COULD) have their sanctioning pulled. The Encounters program was meant to encourage ONE night of play in an organized setting.

Heh, there are three FLGSs around me that run Encounters.  Only one of which runs on Wednesday.
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here

Heh, there are three FLGSs around me that run Encounters.  Only one of which runs on Wednesday.

My site also features several nights of Encounters.  Of course our reports to WOTC masy well all say Wednesday.
I see no reaosn Wizards wouldn't allow it.  David Given has an ongoing blog on the Wizards' website about his encounters sessions and Wizards never has an issue about it.  It would just require someone to volunteer the time to put it all up on a wiki.
Here's what I have up so far from mining through the David Given blog for the official Story So Far summaries. Anything others could contribute would be great. Thanks!

community.wizards.com/wiki/Dnd:Dungeons_...
Now with 100% more Vorthos!
At Dungeon's Master we do a weekly write-up of every session of D&D Encounters. We post previews of the upcoming season as soon as we get the materials and we post a report card afterward. We do a weekly podcast called Recounting Encounters and we have 2 weekly actual play recordings. We also have a D&D Encounters Map Gallery and a Pre-Generated Character Library. Basically if you need something Encounter-related we're a good one-stop-shop.

D&D Encoutners Archive
dungeonsmaster.com/dd-encounters

D&D Encounters Map Gallery
dungeonsmaster.com/2012/09/dd-encounters...

D&D Encounters Pre-Generated Character Library 
dungeonsmaster.com/pre-generated-charact...

Visit Dungeon's Master.com – The D&D Resource Blog For DMs and Players.
http://dungeonsmaster.com
Follow me on Twitter @ameron_dm