Fallen Angel Character

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to make a fallen angel character? I planned on making him human when they fell, but I am not sure as to what class would fit best. His story was he lived delivering justice when it was due, as ordered by his diety (Possibly Bahamut?) When one day he disobeyed his orders and was cast from his diety's domain to live as a mortal. Is there a paragon/epc destiny route that could help fit this?
So you want to play as Tyrael?

In the situation any divine class would be a natural pick.  Personally I'd go with Paladin, Str Cleric or Avenger or Invoker depending on what role you want the character to take.  But angels are servants of all dieties, not just the ones that are shiney-lovey-happy-whiteness.  Angels are meant to be kinda impartial to their dieties and just go about doing their bidding.  So pick a god that sounds cool in theory and find an interesting way to disobey him.  Then make yourself an angel of that and carry on.
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
I think the race Deva is supposed to be angel-like at least. Have a look at that. Also, the recent Dragon article on the Succumbus might give you a few ideas regarding flavor (*gasp* the article might be good for something!).
Did not think of the evil route...... it just gushes with flavor! Thanks all!

you could also make a revenant deva.  Probably the best portrayal of a fallen angel.  Roleplay that you became evil after being returned.
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

"I expected you to be taller." "My true form is the size of the Chrysler Building."
"I have 4 heads, and one of them is a Lion!"

Supernatural has some great lines about angels.
love that show.  Cas is hillarious.
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

did you join a Gishwhes team?
Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to make a fallen angel character? I planned on making him human when they fell, but I am not sure as to what class would fit best. His story was he lived delivering justice when it was due, as ordered by his diety (Possibly Bahamut?) When one day he disobeyed his orders and was cast from his diety's domain to live as a mortal. Is there a paragon/epc destiny route that could help fit this?

As others have said Deva is the race which has angelic traits by default so it would be a good pick, although there's nothing stopping you from choosing human if you so wish.

As for class if you still retain some of your former power, which I think you should divine power isn't taken away so easily in 4E, avenger would be my first pick according to your backstory or possibly paladin.

If you didn't retain any divine power then any class should probably work but for some reason metting out justice screams striker for me.

Also another plus for avenger is that it's epic destinies work very well for the feel you're going for.
Revanent Deva sounds like a good route to go, and Avenger is one of my favorite classes, sounds like a plan!
Revanent Deva sounds like a good route to go, and Avenger is one of my favorite classes, sounds like a plan!

I would suggest considering the Unveiled Visage paragon path too, which seems quite fitting.
I just ran a session with a character playing a "fallen god" who was built as a deva avenger.  (We're at 29th level at this point.)  He worked out great and really feltlike a fallen divine.  I didn't think of the revenant angle!
I have a 'fallen angel' character in my campaign. She's a Deva Avenger with the Favored Soul Paragon Path, which as the character advances, they grow wings and gain the ability to fly, a nice heal effect, charge attack, etc. It's not the most powerful PP in the game but it is certainly thematic and there are several great Epic Destinies that can complete the arc of redemption and ascension, like Exalted Angel.