Mark of the Sentinel and reach

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
I noticed the fighter's combat challenge explicitly states that the enemy must be adjacent to you for you to smash their head in ("whenever an enemy marked by you is adjacent..."). Would Mark of the Sentinel (shift 1 before or after opportunity attack) allow me to get within skull-smashing range? I don't think it does, based on the way my group tends to sort these out, but I'd hate to miss out on such a powerful feat if it does. 

Also, if I have reach and mark an enemy that isn't adjacent to me, would Mark of the Sentinel allow me to shift in for some violence if he defies my mark? 

On a largely unrelated note, if I daze a guy with my opportunity attack or my combat challenge attack, does his turn end before or after the triggering action is complete? For example, if he moves and then tries to attack my ally, would he get to finish attacking and (possibly) rolling damage if I hit and daze him in response to the attack? 
"You lit yourself on fire. Why did you light yourself on fire? "Because. Ninjas can't grab me if I'm on fire." -The Adventures of Dr. McNinja "What the ****? Tenth level barbarian and I'm looking at a ****ing job board?" -Me, at the start of a quest (was actually pretty good, despite the weirdness of the job board)
1) No Mark of the Sentinel wouldn't do anything, because the attack you make as part of Combat Challenge is not an Opportunity Attack, but a Melee Basic Attack as an Immediate Interrupt. You could use Mark of the Sentinel to Shift before or after making an Opportunity Attack with Combat Superiority though.

2) No Mark of the Sentinel wouldn't do anything, because the attack you make as part of Combat Challenge is not an Opportunity Attack, but a Melee Basic Attack as an Immediate Interrupt.

3) No his turn wouldn

EPG91 Mark of the Sentinel: Whenever an enemy provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can shift 1 square as a free action before or after you make the opportunity attack.

Rule Q&A
Actions
If I start my turn dazed and I am able to somehow remove the condition before the end of my turn, can I take my full allotment of actions? Or how about if I become dazed during my turn, could I lose actions? The consensus is yes to both, and the RC now says "While you are Dazedyou can take either a standard action, a move action, or a minor action on your turn".

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter