Block 10 and reckless attack.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
If a figure has block 10 and uses reckless attack is the 10 damage prevented?

Well, it appears from the way it is worded yes, the damage would be prevented. Block says prevent 10 Damage from a source, and this would be a source. I understand logically it wouldn't seem like you could block damage inflicted upon yourself, but it's just a keyword. In fact, with a card like Tough As Nails, it would kind of make since to be safe from a Reckless Attack.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

Well, it appears from the way it is worded yes, the damage would be prevented. Block says prevent 10 Damage from a source, and this would be a source. I understand logically it wouldn't seem like you could block damage inflicted upon yourself, but it's just a keyword. In fact, with a card like Tough As Nails, it would kind of make since to be safe from a Reckless Attack.

I see that side of it but I guess the real question would be "Is taking damage the same thing as being dealt damage?". I have played plenty of games where things are worded that specifically for a reason and plenty of others that just word things like that because it seems more natural.
That's a good point. I've seen similar things.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.