Goldnight Commander question

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I've been messing around with that human reanimator deck that one a GP this weekend, but I don't think I totally get how stacked triggers work.

When I Unburial Rites Angel of Glory's Rise and bring back Goldnight Commander, a few Izzet Staticasters and let's say eight other humans, what gets the +1/+1 bonus, why, and how many times?

Thanks in advance.
They humans all enter the battlefield at the same time. They all see each other enter (more importantly, goldnight sees them all enter and will trigger that many times).

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

Goldnight Commander "sees" all other creatures entering with it

so they will get +X/+X where X is the number of creatures returned minus the Commander
proud member of the 2011 community team
triggers trigger on the game state immediately before or immediately after an event (depending on the type of trigger)

Enter the Battlefield triggers trigger based on the game state following the event of entering the field and Angel of Glory's Rise moves all those humans to the field simultaneously, once there things that trigger on creatures entering the field (eg. Goldnight Commander, Pandemonium, Cathedral Sanctifier) will trigger for each such happening that meets the trigger condition, then the triggers are put on the stack and resolve one at a time

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

When I Unburial Rites Angel of Glory's Rise and bring back Goldnight Commander, a few Izzet Staticasters and let's say eight other humans, what gets the +1/+1 bonus, why, and how many times?

8+'A Few'.  Why is explained above.

Cheers
Sign In to post comments