4e rules for keeps?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is there any source of 4e rules for Keeps that ar eplayer owned? Any at all? Well actually it doesn't even have to be keeps just building things that are player owned.

Come to 4ENCLAVE for a fan based 4th Edition Community.

Mordenkainen's magnificent emporium has some.  There are others in Unearthed Arcana in Dragon.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/d...

This Unearthed Arcana article, on strongholds, is Fantastic. I cannot recommend it enough.  
I am actually working out some 4e stronghold rules as we speak. It is a work in progress, but will be much more reflective of classic edition stronghold rules as opposed to the 4e UA ones, which don't do anything for me personally.

Here is Part 1

frothsof4e.blogspot.com/2012/11/in-searc...

Part 2

frothsof4e.blogspot.com/2012/12/in-searc...

More to come, so follow the blog if you are interested.
AV2 also has a bunch of 'Lair Items' which are wondrous items designed to spruce up a PC's home. I know frothsof is kinda oldschool at times, I actually like the 4e UA/MME stronghold rules, they're fairly abstract but that also makes them nice and simple. Nothing wrong with the old-fashioned way though. If you have an old 1e DMG it has a full set of rules for building castles and other buildings and works, and some rules for upkeep and staffing too. Prices are pretty comparable so they should probably work as-is in 4e. I suspect you won't get radically different results than with MME/UA rules either.
That is not dead which may eternal lie
Sign In to post comments