crystalize vs oblvion ring

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
ok i play a crystalize (enchant creature cant attack or block when the enchanted creature becomes targeted destroy it) on a creature then my other friend plays on oblivion ring( exile any target nonland permanant) would the creature be destroyed from crystalzine or removed from the oblivion ring??

What is the Oblivion Ring targeting?

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

When the creature becomes the target of Oblivion Ring's ability, Crystallization's ability gets put on thes tack on top of obvlivion ring's ability. Crystallization's ability resolves first, exiling the creature permanently. Oblivion ring's ability attempts to resolve next, but is countered because its only target is now illegal.
and if the target of the Oblivion Ring trigger was Crystalization, then the creature will be sitting pretty on the field just fine.

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Taking offers on my set of unopened limited edition full art judge foil basic lands, message me if interested.

When the creature becomes the target of Oblivion Ring's ability, Crystallization's ability gets put on thes tack on top of obvlivion ring's ability. Crystallization's ability resolves first, exiling the creature permanently. Oblivion ring's ability attempts to resolve next, but is countered because its only target is now illegal.

it was targetting the black praetor
alright then thats what i thought aswell so it would be removed from the game with crystalize for getting targetted and then oblivion ring would then dissolve and hit the grave and do sweet f**k all
Actually the Oblivion Ring will sit on the battlefield doing nothing.
MTG Rules Advisor
Actually the Oblivion Ring will sit on the battlefield doing nothing.

oh really then so i could exile it and bring it back and still claim new targets on it then thats cool
yes, Oblivion Ring doesn't target, but its trigger targets
that also means your opponent has to cast Cancel before they know what you will target
proud member of the 2011 community team