12/13/2012 TD: "The New Hotness"

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Top Decks, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.
It's almost that time....
That time to play a full set of Ghost Quarters in the main... 
So can someone explain why there isn't dreadbore in the modern decks?  I realize it's a sorcery but killing planeswalkers is still pretty good.  I assume the format is simply too fast and planeswalkers not good enough that it doesn't matter but would like someone to confirm/deny/discuss it.
So can someone explain why there isn't dreadbore in the modern decks?  I realize it's a sorcery but killing planeswalkers is still pretty good.  I assume the format is simply too fast and planeswalkers not good enough that it doesn't matter but would like someone to confirm/deny/discuss it.

If that white/blue control deck becomes popular then maybe Dreadbore is a thing...maybe. As it is though, you probably only ever see Liliana of the Veil and maybe Karn as the other planeswalker targets. It seems kind of okay against Karn but not amazing, and Abrupt Decay can hit Liliana (again not amazing, because they both already took a card from you by the time you do that).
Sign In to post comments