Misthollow Griffen

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
I just wanted make sure I was correct on this.  An opponent casting [C]Detention Sphere[/C] on his turn would exile my [C]Misthollow Griffin[/C] but I would then be able to summon him back to the battlefield upon the main phase of my turn.  Same with some one using an [C]Angel of Serenity[/C]?  As long as [C]Misthollow Griffin[/C] was sent to exile and not to the graveyard I would be able to repeatidely return him to the battlefield by just paying his mana cost?
Yes and yes. Both the Sphere and the Angel exile the Griffin, so you'll be able to cast it on your next turn.

Wizards.Com Boards Net Rep

DCI Level 2 Judge

Questions don't have to make sense, but answers do.

ok second question, if the player had a angel of serenity out and i cast the misthollow giffen out of exile would her second able still trigger that misthollow giffen? ----stupid question i'm pretty sure it would have no effect but who knows these days....
No, when a card changes zones it ceases to have any connection to the object it used to be unless an effect explicitly tracks it across zones.
Most of these cases involve something coming off of the stack.

Now the angel of serenity is an exception, but it only tracks it for the one jump, once the object changes zones again from where AoS put it, it can no longer track it.
Would Detention Sphere be able to wipe the board clean of any tokens then? Token creatures cease to exist outside of the battlefield am i correct? So they would never be able to come back...?
In response to activated abilities... "Just look at it this way, someone throws a grenade at you...you kill the guy that threw it...but that doesn't solve your grenade problem... Don't you hate it when: Its your turn, you have one life left, no creatures or spells in your hand or on the battlefield that would benefit you at all, enough mana untapped to summon jesus if you would want to....and what do you draw....Land.
correct
even if they didn't cease to exist there is a seperate rule stating they can never return (so you can't Cloudshift tokens)
proud member of the 2011 community team
Would Detention Sphere be able to wipe the board clean of any tokens then?

provided they have the same name as the target, yes
Token creatures cease to exist outside of the battlefield am i correct?

when SBA's next check, yes, though they do trigger anything that cares about such zone changes
So they would never be able to come back...?

correct

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Would Detention Sphere be able to wipe the board clean of any tokens then? Token creatures cease to exist outside of the battlefield am i correct? So they would never be able to come back...?

ANY tokens is perhaps too strong a word.
First off, they must be nonland tokens. (eh! I like to make copies of my Inkmoth Nexus... )
Second, Sphere only exiles tokens with the exact same name; other tokens are unaffected.
So, if you target one of my Goblin Warrior tokens, my Goblin Soldier tokens and my Zombie Goblin tokens are safe!  

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one thousand, people might notice;

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one million, I might get away with it;

If I wish to steal even more and still go unnoticed, I need to make the loot bigger.

Now you know why taxes always go up.

Looting: ''the plundering of public assets by corrupt or greedy authorities'' (Wikipedia)

Thanks guys, i have a friend who like to run Notorious Thong with his Sigil Captain. I might be able to take care of all those fliers with this one...
In response to activated abilities... "Just look at it this way, someone throws a grenade at you...you kill the guy that threw it...but that doesn't solve your grenade problem... Don't you hate it when: Its your turn, you have one life left, no creatures or spells in your hand or on the battlefield that would benefit you at all, enough mana untapped to summon jesus if you would want to....and what do you draw....Land.
Notorious Thong

A "Notorious Throng" is a Magic The Gathering card.

A "Notorious Thong" is something Sacha Baron Cohen wore in the movie "Borat".
Notorious Thong

A "Notorious Throng" is a Magic The Gathering card.

A "Notorious Thong" is something Sacha Baron Cohen wore in the movie "Borat".

HA

Him and i like to refer to it by that name.