Tattoos

74 posts / 0 new
Last post
Got any?

Got any as awesome as this?

Found it with the caption "Grandmother of three Ann McDonald, aged 60, lost her hair to alopecia and got fed up with wearing wigs and hats, so she got a £720 tattoo. She says she is very happy with it (jolly good!)"

Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
Nah, not a fan.
What would I tattoo anyway, my logo?
Yeah I wouldnt know what to get either, Im constantly changing the computer background, decide on a permanent piece of body art? no way! Now if somebody invents morphing tattoos Im in!
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
"Free zoned 4 ever" over your heart?

Or "Free to a Good Home" on my forehead.

I've got four, and plan on getting at least one or two more at some point. All of mine either represent things that are important to me or some sort of life lesson I want to remember.

- I have a small scorpion on my left bicep with "To Thine Own Self" over the top of it. It represents the story of the scorpion and the frog, if anyone's familiar with it, and it's a reminder to be true to my own nature, even if it means facing tough consequences...

- I have the Red Cross logo just underneath that one, with my blood type in the center of it and a drop of blood underneath the crossbar on either side, one for each of the two gallons of blood I've donated so far. Hopefully additional blood drops to follow...

- I have the Rocky Horror Picture Show lips and movie title on my right shoulderblade. I was in a cast for eight years, and performed at a number of national conventions. I've seen over 350 shows, seen it in twelve states and performed in ten, and seen six productions of the stage play (split between three states). I've had a hell of a lot of fun, some great experiences, and met some awesome people through Rocky Horror, and will freely admit that Rocky has saved my life on several occasions.

- I have the hands, heart and crown of the Irish Claddagh ring done in green and black ink with the word "Mathair" (Irish Gaelic for "mother") over it on my left shoulderblade. Under it are my mother's date of birth and date of death. I got it on the first anniversary of her death - it's sort of a peace offering, really. We didn't get along, and it's a reminder to me that whatever crap went on between us died with her and it's over, so I should move on and let it go. It's also a general reminder not to live in the past.

If I ever ended up completely bald, I'd probably get a tat on my head... Hell, maybe I'll get my avatar done on the side of my head. Cool

(Y'know, if I ever end up with some fatal disease and only have like two weeks to live, I think I'm going to get the skull in my avatar tattooed over my entire head and face so I look just like it, lol)

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

Nah, not a fan.
What would I tattoo anyway, my logo?

How about "slippery when wet" across your ass?
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
How about "slippery when wet" across your ass?

I think you've mistaken me with someone more French-Canadian.

I have quite a few. My wrist to my shoulder of my right arm is covered in tattoos. Similarly, my ankle to my knee of my left leg is covered in tattoos. When I manage to turn my burgeoning academic career into something that makes decent money I am sure I will get more. 

Got any?

Found it with the caption "Grandmother of three Ann McDonald, aged 60, lost her hair to alopecia and got fed up with wearing wigs and hats, so she got a £720 tattoo. She says she is very happy with it (jolly good!)"

I hope she was immediately arrested upon leaving the parlor.  As a general rule, any tats neck level and above mean a hardened gang member.  I bet she's killed quite a few people in her day and odds are she's a sociopath.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Got any?

I hope she was immediately arrested upon leaving the parlor.  As a general rule, any tats neck level and above mean a hardened gang member.  I bet she's killed quite a few people in her day and odds are she's a sociopath.

Obviously. I mean, you can see the "I'm going to kill you look" she has in those pictures. I'm willing to be the tattoo artist, the cameraman, and the reporter are all dead now. 

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Unless they did the only thing they could do and cliqued up with her and her crew.  Or maybe pay protection now.  Hell, she may even use the place to launder drug money or even as a front to deal. 

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

ZB, your mind is a unique and twisted place.

I've had the general "I want a tattoo" feeling for a long time, but never been able to settle on just one thing.  Well, sorta... I know that if I live long enough I'll probably get "do not resuscitate" tattooed on my chest in a neat easy to read font.

Aside from that, though, I think I want the dates (in binary) tattooed on the inside of my left forearm for when I get married and when we get kids.

But we'll see. 
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
I have no intent to get a tattoo until I've built at least some muscle. At which point, I'd probably get something 40k-related on my upper right arm.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory

I've had the general "I want a tattoo" feeling for a long time, but never been able to settle on just one thing.  Well, sorta... I know that if I live long enough I'll probably get "do not resuscitate" tattooed on my chest in a neat easy to read font.

Aside from that, though, I think I want the dates (in binary) tattooed on the inside of my left forearm for when I get married and when we get kids.

But we'll see. 

Dude... those would be very cool tattoos.

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.

But we'll see. 

I thought you disliked children?
I like my kids... sometimes...
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
You are thinking about the captain, RH. He detests human offspring.
You are thinking about the captain, RH. He detests human offspring.

Ah yes, that's right. The Cap'n has mentioned more than once that he doesn't particularly like children.

But I swear I heard (read) EE say something very similar, some time ago.

Ah well...
Thanks to your processors klirshon!

Aww shucks. 

But we'll see. 

I may have to steal that DNR one if I live long enough.  Hell of an idea, sir.  As for binary ... well, it reminds me of subnetting and that sorta makes my brain hurt still from recalling the boredom. 

Section Six Soldier

Those tattoos are awesome! I thought about getting a head tattoo when I shaved my head, but ultimately decided against it. Though, if I ever lose my hair, I will totally do it.

You guys have seen my tattoos. I'm waiting for my most recent one to heal to get more work on it. I may be able to squeeze it in before leaving to visit family (because it's so awesome to show up with a new tattoo - found that out on Thanksgiving!    ).

I also have an idea for my inner forearm, but I don't think I'll be getting that one until I get the dragon finished. I need to talk to my artist to make sure he leaves room for it with the clouds and all.

My husband joked that I'm going to have a full-body tattoo by the time he comes home.

I do want a phoenix, though I am not sold exactly on what kind or where. I'm leaning toward a chinese phoenix (the ones that look more like peacocks) on my left arm, because it balances out the dragon (male/female energy). But, then again, I also want like a huge western phoenix on my back. But I might find a better idea for my back, so I'm not 100%. And I can't get anything on my left arm till my littlest one is older, because that's my "carry baby" arm and that would hurt.

But yeah, lots of plans. I'm not going to put them off for so long like I did, though. Once I got the tattoo I wanted, I was like "Why didn't I do this years ago?"

Anyways, that old lady is awesome!
Benevolent God of Death "No one told you when to run."
I thought you disliked children?
I like my kids... sometimes...

I can entertain two conflicting feelings at the same time.  And I know I've been talking for a few years now about vague plans for children in the future once me and the SO are more solid on our future.

@ZB: I can't take credit for the DNR tattoo.  I first saw it on the internet a few years ago and if you do a google image search for "do not resuscitate tattoo" you'll see lots of people have gotten 'em.

And what's wrong with binary?  Say we get married on like 5th of May, 2015 or something.  That would be 0101.0101.1111

And if I want, I can do it as something other then 0s and 1s.  Could be as simple as filled circle vs outline circle or something else.  You could get real creative with it.  Though I'm pretty sure that for the year I'd have to have at least 5 bits so I can have dates after 2015.

@KGM: Those sound neat.  And if you do become a tattooed lady, I expect pictures.  Though I'm not sure the last time I saw a tattooed lady that wasn't Asian.  So you can be a ground-breaker or something.

@ZB: I can't take credit for the DNR tattoo.  I first saw it on the internet a few years ago and if you do a google image search for "do not resuscitate tattoo" you'll see lots of people have gotten 'em.

I see.  Oh well, it's still a good idea to steal.

And what's wrong with binary?  Say we get married on like 5th of May, 2015 or something.  That would be 0101.0101.1111

And if I want, I can do it as something other then 0s and 1s.  Could be as simple as filled circle vs outline circle or something else.  You could get real creative with it.  Though I'm pretty sure that for the year I'd have to have at least 5 bits so I can have dates after 2015.

Nothing wrong with binary 'cept it reminds me of subnetting ... which is booooring. 

@KGM: Those sound neat.  And if you do become a tattooed lady, I expect pictures.  Though I'm not sure the last time I saw a tattooed lady that wasn't Asian.  So you can be a ground-breaker or something. 

My sister in law is all tatted up and she's not Asian.  I also have another friend who's a girl, tatted up and not Asian.  Maybe I just know strange people.  They both certainly fit the bill.

Section Six Soldier

A friend has her son's birthday as a barcode on the back of her neck. It scans on a reader.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

My sister in law is all tatted up and she's not Asian.  I also have another friend who's a girl, tatted up and not Asian.  Maybe I just know strange people.  They both certainly fit the bill.

Different life.  I went from hard science school to working on a military base.  The expectations of my social and work groups for the last decade have been white collar work so no tattoos that show in business casual.

You've told us stories about you wife's side of the family and how classy they are. I don't think your sister in is strange. I'd say she is probably typial of the area she is from.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Well, I'm going to get the background work on my tattoo done next week, just trying to figure out if we can do it Monday (works best for me) or Thursday.

Clouds, small lotus flowers, and maybe some cherry blossoms. It's going to look badass.
Well, I'm going to get the background work on my tattoo done next week, just trying to figure out if we can do it Monday (works best for me) or Thursday.

Clouds, small lotus flowers, and maybe some cherry blossoms. It's going to look badass.

And where is this tattoo located? And will we be getting pics?

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
It's the dragon on my arm. Didn't I already post pics?

[spoiler=In case you missed it][/sblock]

He left spaces in the body and tail for the cloud bars to go through, since we planned on putting a background on it and making it a sleeve. It's healed now, so I get to get more work!
Nice tattoo. I'm disapointed in the location and pic.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
KGM should get an OTTer Tat for her other arm..
KGM should get an OTTer Tat for her other arm..

No.
But OTTers are cute remember?
But OTTers are cute remember?

I'm not.
I'm ugly as sin.
(No offense to those... people... who don't believe in sin)
Otters are cute. OTTers are ... something else.

But still, I wouldn't get an otter or OTTer tattoo. Just not my thing.
Otters are cute. OTTers are ... something else.

But still, I wouldn't get an otter or OTTer tattoo. Just not my thing.

There is no difference. Otters will forever be associated with OTTers.
No.

Come on me. You want my face as a tramp stamp. 

I was listening to my friend whinning about his break up with his gf and I was distracted when I was typing.

Oh sure!
Riiiggghhhttt...
;)
Nope.

I actually already have a tattoo on my lower back. Got it before the trend hit, and where else would you put a tail?

Besides, I'm not into portrait tattoos anyway. Even the best quality ones just creep me right the out.
Besides, I'm not into portrait tattoos anyway. Even the best quality ones just creep me right the out.

Agreed.

Oh sure, I've seen some that were good, but never wholly accurate.

Eh, I've seen one portrait tat that was awsome (a woman I know got a pic of her kids when they were young), but the guy that did the tat also hapened to have a "day job" as one of those guys in the mall who turns photographs into airbrushed portraits on canvas and  t-shirts, and he was just incredibly talented as an artist in any medium...

Show

I am the Magic Man.

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

Sign In to post comments