Demonic Rising + Archwing Dragon

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Demonic Rising
Archwing Dragon

Rakdos Keyrune

Its my understanding that I can arrange the triggers from Demonic Rising and Archwing Dragon so that I'll get a Demon token at the end of my turn if I choose to resolve Rising's trigger first...

(please correct me if I'm mistaken)

So, what if I have Demonic Rising and Rakdos Keyrune on the battlefield, I cast Archwing Dragon, activate the Keyrune and attack with both.

At the end of my turn, can I arrange the triggers in a way that I'll still get a Demon token or is this not possible?

Please explain in detail, thanks :D
that's not possible because this is a special corner case

Demonic Rising has what is called an "intervening if-clause", which means it will not even trigger if the condition in the clause is not true
so it will not trigger at the end step and then count the creatures on resolution, it will count the creatures when deciding to trigger as well
since at that time you control 2 creatures (the Keyrune and the Dragon), it will not trigger
proud member of the 2011 community team
But it works on the first scenario?

I mean, if I only had the Dragon -even though its leaving at the beginning of the end step- I do get a demon don't I?
right, in that case, yes, if you stack correctly

I was too focused on the second scenario that I overlooked the first one ;)
thank you ;)
Another question:

If I have 2 Demonic Rising in the battlefield and I control exactly 1 creature by the end of my turn, how many tokens do I get?
One, unless you lose a creature before the second trigger resolves.

The intervening if clause checks twice, first when it triggers and second when the trigger resolves. If it's false during the first instance the trigger doesn't trigger, if it's false when the trigger resolves, it's removed from the stack. 

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

with Archwing Dragon and 2 Demonic Rising you can stack it so that you will get 2 demons

stack it:
Rising
Dragon
Rising
with Archwing Dragon and 2 Demonic Rising you can stack it so that you will get 2 demons

stack it:
Rising
Dragon
Rising

Niceee!!! thank you both xD
Sign In to post comments