Last post
Opponent: Mountain
Me: Mountain
Opponent: Mountain, Warren Instigator
Me: Island
Opponent: Swing and drop 2x Goblin Chieftain ; Mountain, Warren Instigator
Me: Rage-quit

Discuss. 
Well, there's not a lot to discuss. Goblin player had a god hand, everyone has to deal with stuff like that

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

Opponent: Mountain
Me: Mountain
Opponent: Mountain, Warren Instigator
Me: Island
Opponent: Swing and drop 2x Goblin Chieftain ; Mountain, Warren Instigator
Me: Rage-quit

Discuss. 

That's a decent reason.

Like somebody else mentioned a long time ago, GG gets top tier status for "most free wins".
Didn't you make a "why I hate goblins" thread before?

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Didn't you make a "why I hate goblins" thread before?

I don't think so... but I do remember posting in the 'Goblins Matter of Style' thread recently.

I was just extremely angry that a deck exists that can lock up the entire game while the opponent has only 2 lands on the battlefield; it shouldn't exist in such a limited format.

I mean, Peacekeepers is a very strong top-tier aggro deck, but I don't ever feel completely hopeless when I play against it.
Me start.
Don't drop a land.
Next round I discard grave titan
Opponent quits. GG
Me start.
Don't drop a land.
Opponent quits. GG

So you're saying I should play only Rakdos and rely on an opening hand of Grave Titan and Reanimate? Sounds like I'll win 100% of those matches that don't ever happen. Good advice! :-p
Weak Liang.

Me start.
Don't drop a land.
Next turn discard Massacre Wurm.
Then I actually wait until Gobbies pulls out the Army.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Skip a turn to discard and Reanimate Grave Titan. Goblins goes Arsonist into Grenade on Titan. Congratulations, you have 2 2/2s, you effectively time walked yourself, and you lost 6 life.

This board man............
Me start.
Don't drop a land.
Opponent quits. GG

Grave Titan is good.  I find the Defiler of Souls to be more fun though.

Skip a turn to discard and Reanimate Grave Titan. Goblins goes Arsonist into Grenade on Titan. Congratulations, you have 2 2/2s, you effectively time walked yourself, and you lost 6 life.

This board man............

I've had it work more often than it getting interupted like your example.  Not saying it doesn't blow up in your face sometimes, but not as often as it doesn't.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

I saw that play backfire so much in 2012 ....a couple times in this iteration too.

I'm sure around here though everyone wins "90% of their games" when they make that play.

*shrug* 
I saw that play backfire so much in 2012 ....a couple times in this iteration too.

I'm sure around here though everyone wins "90% of their games" when they make that play.

*shrug* 

I never win 90% of my games with any deck.  Especially with risky moves like this.  But the majority is something I'm fine with.  I'd say it's probably closer to 60%.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

Weak Liang. Me start. Don't drop a land. Next turn discard Massacre Wurm. Then I actually wait until Gobbies pulls out the Army.

Do you think any1 is that stupid who plays goblins when you discard the wurm on first turn? They drop 1 or 2 goblins and will laugh at you.
Titan is the 10 times better choice to discard on first turn vs any deck.
Weak Liang. Me start. Don't drop a land. Next turn discard Massacre Wurm. Then I actually wait until Gobbies pulls out the Army.

Do you think any1 is that stupid who plays goblins when you discard the wurm on first turn? They drop 1 or 2 goblins and will laugh at you.

Actually, I think most Goblin players are that stupid... There have been plenty of times that I've had Pernicious Deed on the battlefield and the Goblin player just keeps spitting out every card in his hand.

There's another reason I hate Goblins... they allow 13-year old boys with ADD the opportunity to regularly beat people and send them nasty messages insulting their mothers.
Liang, I was kinda playing with you, but I also agree with Hakeem that there are enough dimwitted Goblin players to pull off the Wurm. Titan is good, don't get me wrong. I just find the Gob Wurm Wipe more satisfying

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Actually, I think most Goblin players are that stupid... There have been plenty of times that I've had Pernicious Deed on the battlefield and the Goblin player just keeps spitting out every card in his hand.

There's another reason I hate Goblins... they allow 13-year old boys with ADD the opportunity to regularly beat people and send them nasty messages insulting their mothers.

Those ppl are new players then who have no clue or never seen that card before / didn't really bother actually reading what that card does. That happens a lot. But ppl who play 60 card decks usually won't drop 1 goblin after another every turn in such situations.

Seriously, they should close pointless threads like this.
The goblin deck has already been discussed alot.

Some are fine with the goblins, some are not.
But we all have to deal with it.

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I disagree, let's rant !

I had time for a quick two games earlier today... 

Let's play crosswinds yay ! Enter some random lobby, game gets launched I'm on the draw !

First mulligan nothing noteworthy, so I flip, second hand, OHHH mana leak, talrand invocation, future sight,  fog bank, 3 land... keeper !

Turn one, opponent plays a goblin guide slams me for 2. I play an island. Turn two, goblin piledriver.

Was dead on turn 5. Dude gloated throughout the game.

Sound familiar ?

I always play with the mic off and sound down in 1v1 to avoid hearing childish ramblings.

Show

I disagree, let's rant !

Let's play crosswinds yay ! Enter some random lobby, game gets launched I'm on the draw !

First mulligan nothing noteworthy, so I flip, second hand, OHHH mana leak, talrand invocation, future sight,  fog bank, 3 land... keeper !

Turn one, opponent plays a goblin guide slams me for 2. I play an island. Turn two, goblin piledriver.

Sound familiar ?

My game would've ended when that Piledriver resolved.
I disagree, let's rant !

Sound familiar ?

My game would've ended when that Piledriver resolved.

You know, thats very true. People complain about Panoptic/Time Warp combo all the time. but at least with that, your opponent has a chance to do something about it. With GG going first against a blue deck, a turn 2 piledriver is basically a guaranteed autowin also, but with no possible chance of any sort of countering...
Again, glad I play on iPad, so I don't have to hear poor sportsmanship and gloating.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
It all depends on the mode. In 2HG Cross is the more awful deck to be against no question about it at least when partnered right. Goblins is a great deck and is really consistent no doubt about it but it is beatable if they don't have a golden hand.

I been playing Odrik lately, thinking it would be goblin like, and man does this deck have consistency problems. I keep hearing some people just love this deck but I have never had problems beating it in 1v1 and I have problems winning with it for sure. Still tweaking but def near the bottom of my playlist in 1v1.

Peacekeepers is a top-tier aggro deck... lot's of cheap hitters, team buffs, and cheap removal.
Yeah if it weren't for goblins there would be many rants about odric over here. A bit less justified mind, but make no mistake about it, it is a brutal and resilient 1V1 deck.

I remember when I first posted here it was to complain about the 1v1 meta on steam at that time being ab-so-lu-te-ly dominated by odric and krenko on the weeks after release. Since SS arrived, and with the inclusion of mindstorms,  and now Grim procession, the number of favourable matchups of Odric took a hit, but it's still  most consistent aggro deck in the game (disregarding trolologoblins).

Am I wrong in saying that a decently built Peacekeepers doesn't have any BAD matchups (like losing more than 60% of matches) at all ?
Chandra being the weakest point, but even there, it can recover from a sweep pretty easily.
Am I wrong in saying that a decently built Peacekeepers doesn't have any BAD matchups (like losing more than 60% of matches) at all?

I fully agree. When I tried decks, which were new for me, I tested my builds on AI-Odric and AI-Krenko (latter is tougher imho - except for Chandra, she burns any AI in a blink of an eye). If my builds pass them, it's proper to go to the real people.
Yeah if it weren't for goblins there would be many rants about odric over here. A bit less justified mind, but make no mistake about it, it is a brutal and resilient 1V1 deck.

I remember when I first posted here it was to complain about the 1v1 meta on steam at that time being ab-so-lu-te-ly dominated by odric and krenko on the weeks after release. Since SS arrived, and with the inclusion of mindstorms,  and now Grim procession, the number of favourable matchups of Odric took a hit, but it's still  most consistent aggro deck in the game (disregarding trolologoblins).

Am I wrong in saying that a decently built Peacekeepers doesn't have any BAD matchups (like losing more than 60% of matches) at all ?
Chandra being the weakest point, but even there, it can recover from a sweep pretty easily.

As far as I'm concerned, the main difference between Krenko and Odric (and it's a big difference) is the sheer amount of haste that Krenko has in his deck. At least with Odric, you have 1 turn to react to him. With Krenko you just die before you can do anything.

I don't mind losing to PK, because I feel like I'm actually participating in the match, however briefly. 
Am I wrong in saying that a decently built Peacekeepers doesn't have any BAD matchups (like losing more than 60% of matches) at all ?  Chandra being the weakest point, but even there, it can recover from a sweep pretty easily.

PK is probably the most well-rounded deck.  It has solid removal, card advantage in the forms of tokens and anthems, evasion, and solid bombs. 

Garruk may be among the worst matchups - PK can remove one or two big fatties, but Garruk has so many he may be able to overwhelm PK. 

PK without anthems is certainly weak to mindstorms.  But once you start dropping anthems PK has a favorable matchup against mindstorms. 
Nefarox's anti-PK win condition.