Boo

40 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ya'all know why.  Let's vaguely vent our frustrations here.  In fact, let's be as vague as possible.  Let's just vent generic frustrations here.  Like, I was totally eating this awesome piece of pie and then some dood came out of nowhere and took it from me right before I took another bite!  Lame.  So lame.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

I was making this totally awesome thing, and it didn't turn out exactly right.
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
I just wanted to talk about stuff and people started trolling me. 
I was talking to this girl and things were going well.  She was ready to go home with me ... and then I let her feel my face.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

I was talking to this girl and things were going well.  She was ready to go home with me ... and then I let her feel my face.

Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.

Section Six Soldier

I was in the store the other day and there was some kid having an epic tantrum. I couldn't make out most of what he was trying to communicate through the screaming, but I think it came down to "they won't play with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Bad parenting, man. It's everywhere.
I was traveling to a place but had to deal with humans along the way. Those jerks should know better.
So I was doing this thing when this other thing thinged along and did this other thing and then everything was like thing thing thing and then the thing got thinged and everything was thinged again.
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
I have general problems with talking to people and I can't read people at all. This fuels a general desire to shed blood and revel in the screams of the dying due to the fact that I have no outlet for various instinctive urges. That, of course, needs to be suppressed, making me even less happy with my life.
(Yes, this is a vague, generic frustration for me.) 
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory

(Yes, this is a vague, generic frustration for me.) 

It's actually a specific frustration for me. Number 12, in fact.

Back on topic, I'm actually procrastinating on my procrastinating right now, when I should be doing this other thing I actually like doing, but I'm not getting it done anyway...

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

Bleh.
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
The MPEG standard.

That is all. 
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
The MPEG standard.

That is all. 

Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
What?  Have you *read* that thing?  I've read some pretty **** documentation in the last year and a half, and this mess of a standard is pretty close to taking the cake, and I've had to decipher (and code from) an interface documented by Raytheon for crying out loud.

And for the father****ing love of G-d, it is impossible to find good coding advice on this stuff.  All I get is people talking about using tools, not writing tools!  And it's not like I have time to figure it all out myself either, since I'm changing projects on Monday.

So yeah... father****ing MPEG standard.  I don't have time to read through it and understand it fully myself, but if I don't finish by Friday it's not getting done, and they don't even have someone lined up to replace me so there isn't going to be a hand off, so it's either going to be use freeware applications from the internet, which is kinda a no-no when dealing with classified data sets, or it doesn't get done.

But on the plus side, I've become more familiar with the interior of a F/A-18.  Not sure which model it was (a/b, c/d or e/f) though. 
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
Thankfully my knowledge of media file standards is limited, as well as the need of that knowledge.
I wonder if reading that would help me sleep though, but seeing as it's already 4:40 and I have to "get up" around 6:30, I'm not sure if I should bother.
They were filming a new Robocop outside my work today. God help us all.

<----- Loser.

I just got home from that place. While I was there, this guy did something that caused all kinds of problems. He took a thing and put it in a place, but told another person it was in a different place, which made that person have to have a certain conversation with another very angry person who was mad about the loss of the thing and some other stuff.
yup, stuff happens.
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
Have you ever had a tram unexpectedly shutdown and unsuccessfully try to reboot halfway to your destination?
Have you ever had a tram unexpectedly shutdown and unsuccessfully try to reboot halfway to your destination?

If by tram, you mean bus then yeah.
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there

If by tram, you mean bus then yeah.

No, I mean a fancy tram with lots of screens that show something that looks suspiciously like ChkDsk after the lights went out.
Curiously ad screens worked perfectly.

Oh a tram! Why didnt you say so? 
Over here we call them trolleys, I dont think anywhere in the states uses them anymore, SanFran maybe, or is that just in the movies? 
Yeah, I've heard the US isn't big on public transport as a whole.
Yeah, I've heard the US isn't big on public transport as a whole.

Well, here in the 'Burgh, bus drivers make around $80,000/ year, and they keep raising the rates and doing away with routes. Of course, there is no competition, so they can do whatever they like.
I hate the bus. I am soooo glad I have a POV.
As a matter of fact, the more I think about it, the more I am starting to not like living in Pittsburgh... well, in PA actually.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
Well move to Ohio.  I'll teach you how to drink and we do have some older ladies you can do whatever it is you do with.

Section Six Soldier

They were filming a new Robocop outside my work today. God help us all.

His armor is all black, no?

And you live in Toronto? Ewww. 

Yes its all black and he rides a black bike.

No I don't live in Toronto. 

<----- Loser.

Yes its all black and he rides a black bike.

Old news, homie.
No I don't live in Toronto. 

So what part of America's hat do you live in?

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Somewhere full of ham they call bacon and maple syrup no doubt.

Section Six Soldier

It's what Canadians do.  They saw ham, liked it and decided to call it 'Canadian bacon'.  I mean, what the wha?

Section Six Soldier

Yes you do you just don't like the idea.  And you've proven your Candianness by siding with their wrongness about ham and bacon.

Section Six Soldier

And you've proven your Candianness by siding with their wrongness about ham and bacon.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
Well we call bacon bacon, theres also peameal bacon, ham, and pork which comes from the same magical animal called a pig.

<----- Loser.

you waited a whole week and that was the best you could come up with!?
you waited a whole week and that was the best you could come up with!?

Sorry I have a thing called a life.

<----- Loser.