Help in building my black and white deck?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
The next deck I want to build is a deck but I'm not sure where to start. The goal is to build the deck grounds Teysa, Orzhov Scion and Souls of the Faultless so basically spirit tokens, life bleeding, and creature removal. I need the deck to be efficiently balanced both offensively and defensively. Use cards that slow down the opponent while draining their life away... I also want Bush Kalamazoo, Blood Arbiter in here too. I'm willing to sacrifice my creatures so I'd also like regenerations and creatures like Reassembling Skeleton to bring them back.

So yeah:
Spirits/tokens
Life drain/lifelink
Slow opponent
Creature sacrifice
Creature removal

The end game is to either drain the opponent dry or get rid of enough creatures to swarm them in the end.
the thing to realize is that teysa's first ability isnt good/something to build around. Its a great opption to have, buut when you use it, it keeps you from losing rather than getting you closer to winning. So the thing to do is to focus on black creatures ; tokens like sengir autocrat, recusion like reassembling skeleton (something free would be better tho), or weenies - and then cards that go with those: attrition,...mana?..., grafted wargear - for any option id get 3-4 deathbringer liege
With Painter's Servant set to black, 3  white spirit tokens can wipe an entire players opposing board. If you want to abuse Teysa thats an option. It's a bit costly though for casual.

Budget version could use Darkest Hour with Blood Artist and Vampire Aristocrat, but that requires a lot more cards. 
Lingering Souls because its a good price at w2, but with a flashback of b1, it could be quite helpful. Also, Gatecrash is coming out in a few months and they will have the new Orzhov cards, so you may find cards you want for your deck if you wait. Hope this helps
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
When I see b/w I always think of two things. Pestilence and prot black or indestructible. Reanimation using some of the nasty reanimation targets plus unburial rites.

4 death speakers
4 knight of glory
4 mirran crusader
4 stillmoon cavalier
1 akroma, angel of wrath
1 avacyn, angel of hope
1 Konda, Lord of Eiganjo
1 stuffy doll

4 swords to plowshares
4 pestilence
4 unburial rites
2 liliana of the veil
2 undying evil

As a for instance.

You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Orzhov is my brother's best deck so I can hopefully provide some helpful advice.
In my opinion, the cards that make that deck incredible are Souls of the FaultlessSuture Priest, and Hissing Miasma.

Add in some solid flying defenders to keep them from flying over the top of your Souls of the Faultless and then throw in some more creature shut-down like Pillory of the Sleepless and/or Recumbent Bliss. A card he doesn't use that I could also see being incredibly useful is Lightmine Field.

Put simply, make your opponent not want to attack while you slowly drain their life.
Here's an old trick with Souls of the Faultless. Sleeper Agent. Even better with Wall of Souls and a Dark Rit. Maybe my favorite first turn ever. Even fits the whole kill-oponent-without-attacking theme.