Need fast answer in game now

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
What are the rules for moving larger creatures like huge and Gargantuan. Also what about proning them and dazing etc... My power slides, pushes, prones, dazes and we are fighting a gargantuan creature.
Unless the power you're using specifies a size limit, there isn't one and you do exactly as the power says.  You push it, slide it, prone it, and/or daze it normally.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Unless the power you're using specifies a size limit, there isn't one and you do exactly as the power says.  You push it, slide it, prone it, and/or daze it normally.

+1
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
Awesome thanks guys.... second question is this. I just bought Zephyr boots this last time we leveled up and they give me fly speed. I assume that eans i can fly up and hover and ight things in the air. SOmeone else is sayingthat they don't hover and I need to land at the end of each turn. I am sure this is not the case.

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af156/Tom_Shambles92/DrSeuss.jpg http://www.last.fm/user/Pogo92 Endorsed by the C.C.A.A. Booty Patrol. "If all the classes can compete on equal footing in a combat situation then it becomes less about "Which is the best" and more about "Which conveys the character I want to play"." - Areleth
Remaining in the Air: If you fail to fly at least 2

squares during your turn, whether due to not moving
far enough or simply not using the fly action, you
crash at the end of your turn.

Those are the old Flying rules. Here's the current version.

Remaining in the Air: A flying creature does not need to take any particular action to remain aloft; the creature is assumed to be flying as it fights, moves, and takes other actions. However, a flying creature falls the instant it is stunned, unless it can hover (see "Flight Traits").
Awesome thanks guys.... second question is this. I just bought Zephyr boots this last time we leveled up and they give me fly speed. I assume that eans i can fly up and hover and ight things in the air. SOmeone else is sayingthat they don't hover and I need to land at the end of each turn. I am sure this is not the case.

Using the colloquial definition of "Hover" yes you can.  You don't have to move, you can remain in the same place while flying no problem.

"Hover" is a specific game term, however, and creatures that have it do not fall if they're stunned while flying.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Getting knocked prone while flying however will ground you, hover or not.
RPGtable username : RTiger
Getting knocked prone while flying however will ground you, hover or not.

Technically you fall instead of going prone. You only end up prone if you actually take falling damage, which is fairly unlikely given the fact that you get to fall your fly speed safely.
Technically you fall instead of going prone. You only end up prone if you actually take falling damage, which is fairly unlikely given the fact that you get to fall your fly speed safely.

And it's a good reason to make sure to stay one square up when playing a Pixie.  Requires someone to knock you prone twice in order to actually make you prone.

And it's a good reason to make sure to stay one square up when playing a Pixie.  Requires someone to knock you prone twice in order to actually make you prone.

Not true - you can be flying at an altitude of 0, so you're at ground level but not touching the ground, so the first prone grounds you and the second one prones you.
Sign In to post comments