Leave it to the professionals...

42 posts / 0 new
Last post

They're better equipped.

Man bites dog. Dog bites back harder.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

''It was a nasty bite, not too much blood but there is a portion of his skin missing on the right biceps.

He got off easy. I've seen police dogs do much worse.
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Biting dogs can work out in your favor.  If you've got a nippy dog just bite it back.  That shows it you're the boss and it'll leave you alone.  When you don't have that owner/pet dynamic, however, it's probably a less advisable course of action.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

The guy got lucky the dog didn't turn and get his face or neck. I saw a police dog wreck a guy's angle. I imagine it would be easier to avage the face or neck.
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Such lack of sympathy. And again with drugs. Giving kids bad ideas.
Kids get all sort of ideas when reading stuff on the internet. People need to be careful. Like Homicidale_Squirrel suggesting coffee enemas. This is how kids got the idea to use vodka soaked tampons.
Sure, blame the interwebz and not bad parenting.
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
Kids get all sort of ideas when reading stuff on the internet. People need to be careful. Like Homicidale_Squirrel suggesting coffee enemas. This is how kids got the idea to use vodka soaked tampons.

So you think it's a good idea to repeat these ideas and try to tamp them down as a parent and authority figure (as far as kids are concerned)?  Yeah, kids never do stuff just cuz it's what some old dood told them not to do. 

Srsly, though.  If some kid decides to feed Fido some Vanilla Sky cuz of something he read here, well, that ain't on me.  That's on his obviously terrible parents.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Parents have a difficult responsability in this day and age. The internet, television, radio, movies, newspapers, school, the government, false prophets, communists, all try to corrupt the young ones. It's very difficult to protect them. People with good intentions should be careful. 

Just take me and my kids, for example. I am their father, I know best. But my ex-wife is using the courts and the government under the influence of feminists to take them away and just expose them to this insane world. 

This is wrong.  
I've removed content from this thread. Refernces to drug use are in violation of the Code of Conduct

You can review the Code of Conduct here: company.wizards.com/conduct

I'm curious; have you met any kid, or the parent(s) of any kid that has done that?
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Parents have a difficult responsability in this day and age. The internet, television, radio, movies, newspapers, school, the government, false prophets, communists, all try to corrupt the young ones. It's very difficult to protect them. People with good intentions should be careful.

Have you thought of joining the Amish? I hear those problems don't affect them much. 
Just take me and my kids, for example. I am their father, I know best. But my ex-wife is using the courts and the government under the influence of feminists to take them away and just expose them to this insane world. 

This is wrong.  

Those evil femenist.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
I see you both ahve a closed mind.

Seiously though, do you know anyone who has used a vodka soaked tampon or had a kid who did? I really want to know.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
I smoked a tampon once, just once.
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there

This is wrong.  

Between this, the thetans and the greek dood stuff I think I'm ready to call it.  Guys, whaddaya think?  Is he or isn't he?  I don't care, really.  I mean, either way it's a ton of fun.

I smoked a tampon once, just once.

Well that's just ... totally normal. 

Section Six Soldier

Seiously though, do you know anyone who has used a vodka soaked tampon or had a kid who did? I really want to know.

Yes. A friend told me all about how his kids got drunk using them. They were totally wasted and apparently they just used two. 

The guy was mad at first, but he understood the kids were just impressionable.  Thye never drank before and were just curious. 
[Yes. A friend told me all about how his kids got drunk using them. They were totally wasted and apparently they just used two. 

The guy was mad at first, but he understood the kids were just impressionable.  Thye never drank before and were just curious. 

And they still haven't. 

Section Six Soldier

Yes. A friend told me all about how his kids got drunk using them. They were totally wasted and apparently they just used two.

You sure they were soaked in vodka? Using two, depending on their size and weight, should have been enough to give them alcohol poisoning. Maybe they were just curious about how other things felt and could only get their hands on a tampon.
The guy was mad at first, but he understood the kids were just impressionable.  Thye never drank before and were just curious. 

Typical signs of bad parenting.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

You sure they were soaked in vodka? Using two, depending on their size and weight, should have been enough to give them alcohol poisoning. Maybe they were just curious about how other things felt and could only get their hands on a tampon.

His kids aren't gay. They are good boys. Why would you suggest this?
His kids aren't gay. They are good boys.

So, in your mind, the two are mutually exclusive?
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
So much for being good boys if they consume vodka rectally...

Why else would they be inserting things in there?

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

Why else would they be inserting things in there? And how is being gay going to make them bad people? 

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

I was only redescribing the event with the presented data.

Umm ... yeah.  That's not an exclusively gay thing.  Like, at all.  You need to get out more.  I'm not sayin' you need to try everything under the sun or anything like that - only do what you're comfortable doing.  It's just that there's this great big world out there that you seem to be mostly unaware of.

Section Six Soldier

Biting dogs can work out in your favor.  If you've got a nippy dog just bite it back.  That shows it you're the boss and it'll leave you alone.  When you don't have that owner/pet dynamic, however, it's probably a less advisable course of action.

Of course you shouldn't try that on dogs trained to deal with aggressive people. Like police dogs
Oh, and it's Australia. Home of this guy.

I would feel insulted, but I'm not that good I think.
And I have enough taste not to drink beer or PBR
I also know corn-based swill ain't whiskey.

Show
Anyone else miss Loki?
Sure, blame the interwebz and not bad parenting.

Its alot easier and that leaves more time for heavy drinking and hitting each other in front of the children.

<----- Loser.

It's only polite to close while you chew.

... seriously?  Ok, first, how old were these kids?  Second, who the hell says "I'm curious about drinking, let's stick a tampon up my butt 'cause I hear it works faster"?  Yeesh, guy needs to teach his kids something about judgement.  And **** "oh, they're just impressionable".  That's as bad as "boys will be boys".  Kids are smarter then you give them credit for, and if they're clever enough to get a bottle of vodka and tampons while underage and think it's better to shove it up their ass instead of drinking it, it's not a problem of intelligence or impressionability, but one of wisdom.

And, yeah, that's something that can be taught.

Face it... school, the internet, their friends... that'll teach them about the world.  But values, wisdom and good judgement comes from their parents.
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
Yeah, but then again everyone is supposed to do something incredibly stupid while being a teen, right? People that don't are shunned.
I should know.
Yeah, but then again everyone is supposed to do something incredibly stupid while being a teen, right? People that don't are shunned.
I should know.

Well, if you do something incredibly stupid, please post a link to the youtube video. It is required by law.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
I should know.

Damn, I only have a year to do that, then.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory

Why else would they be inserting things in there? And how is being gay going to make them bad people? 

We both know the answer to that.
Truenamer you wouldn't happen to be from the rural midwest would you?
Show
Anyone else miss Loki?

Every day.    Srsly, he makes me laugh.  We argue a lot but he's a good dood.  And he brings a certain spark to conversations here.  Oh well, once 5e launches he'll probably be back more.

Section Six Soldier

Show
Anyone else miss Loki?

Every day.    Srsly, he makes me laugh.  We argue a lot but he's a good dood.  And he brings a certain spark to conversations here.  Oh well, once 5e launches he'll probably be back more.

Or less. Lokaire has an amazing ability to win vacatons quickly and often. But yeah, the guy has always been fun... unlike some peeps around here.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Yeah, he's, uhh, controversial I guess, heh.  But totally, dood.  He knows how to have a fun and interesting conversation without leaving in tears. 

Section Six Soldier

Sign In to post comments