Alternate casting cost?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I know that you can only generate mana that is a color of your commander but was wondering if there were any combos around this specifically thinking of using Sen Triplets as a commander and was trying to figure a way to cast red and green cards from my oppenents hands.

Also any suggestions on good cards/combos to go with the Triplets would ne very much welcomed.
Generally speaking, if you are casting your opponet's cards, you aren't really paying their casting cost. Things like Wrexial, the Risen Deep, Geth, Lord of the Vault, and Knowledge Pool come to mind.

Current EDH Decks: Radha Timmy, Oona exile/mill, Edric aggro, Marath tokens, Uril Voltron, Ertai counters, Sek'Kuar sac engines, Ezuri elf tribal, Oloro life gain, Zedruu tokens, White Mikaeus indestructible, Riku allies, Ghave synergy, Momir Vig Simic to a fault, Zur pillow fort/extort, Cromat artifacts, Rafiq aggro, Nekuzar zombies, Prossh creature beats, Roon ETB/bounce, Garza Zol vampires.

Either Mycosynth Lattice or Celestial Dawn will let you do what you want.
Thanks perfect cards. Any advice on other cards that let me cast from my opponents hands or that just combo well with Sen Triplets. Im still trying to decide on a general route to go with this deck.
A good house rule for triplets - stolen stuff produces original colors. If you manage to cast someones darksteel ingot it can tap for the original decks colors.

3DH4LIF3

A good house rule for triplets - stolen stuff produces original colors. If you manage to cast someones darksteel ingot it can tap for the original decks colors.

Generally speaking, if you are casting your opponet's cards, you aren't really paying their casting cost. Things like Wrexial, the Risen Deep, Geth, Lord of the Vault, and Knowledge Pool come to mind.

The house rule seems reasonable for the stolen goods producing original colors just means you would need to grab the artifacts that allow it,

As for the the Wrexial+ quote, those cards all either specifically state not paying the cost or in the case of geth paying a cost to take a card of the same cost, the triplets dont let you take for free...

there was another quote i wanted to grab but i guess i didnt, when it comes to Mycosynth Lattice and the like, they still dont get you what you need in EDH due to the only being able to produce colors of your commander rule. Sadly that puts your triplets in an awkward spot against R/G without the right artifacts stolen first *(If using the house rule mentioned above).
What? Mycosynth lattice fixes all of the triplets color issues.

3DH4LIF3

Mycosynth Lattice works. You aren't attempting to add mana of the wrong color to your mana pool; you're adding W/U/B/colorless mana to your pool, and then spending it as though it were green or red.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
ah I was mistaken, yeah its letting you spend as any color that fixes the problem. I just glanced over it and assumed it was one of those mana converter artifacts sorry for confusion.
Sign In to post comments