12/11/2012 RC: "The End of the World"

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's ReConstructed, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Wanted to point out that Pillar of Fire doesn't work against Gravecrawler if your opponent has a sacrifice outlet (which they sometimes do).  Deathrite Shaman also works nicely against decks that use flashback.  I think it's a good metagame choice -- I agree it doesn't drive your main plan forward, but it does too much to the environment to leave it out for now.

I like the deck, thanks for picking it.  Even if I disagree on your decisions, I like the discussion.

Isn't hellhole flailer just a bad geralf's messenger?  I know 17 black sources doesn't mean you'll be running him out turn 3 every time, but the power difference seems worth it.

Isn't hellhole flailer just a bad geralf's messenger?  I know 17 black sources doesn't mean you'll be running him out turn 3 every time, but the power difference seems worth it.

Well i think changes are you will be discarding lands, since Liliana of the Veil discards hits you and you need to discard cards for your Pack Rat. This means having just 3 lands or 3 lands that produces black mana is quite a difference.

On another note, my experience is that with cards like Shrieking Affliction its either all in or dont play, so im not a huge fan of 1 copy stikking around. I should play either 0 or 3/4 copies.
Sign In to post comments